BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

I'm not saying a better manager wouldn't improve us, he probably would, but he'd never take us up, which is where we need to be.

The reason he'd never take us up is because the club has no structure, no ambition, no plan, we're rudderless under Shaw and Venkys.

If we brought in everyone's favourite managers Dyche or Rowett does anyone honestly think in 2yrs time we'd be the Premiership?

Absolutely no chance, that's why Venkys have to go and let's start again.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If venkys go, the club inevitably drop into admin and the only way is down. Its naive in the extreme to think the club could recover from that, look at Pompey..

My personal hope is that venkys can somehow get this right. I know I'm in a minority..

Maybe you should re-check about Pompey.

If venkys go, the club inevitably drop into admin and the only way is down. Its naive in the extreme to think the club could recover from that, look at Pompey..

My personal hope is that venkys can somehow get this right. I know I'm in a minority..

But Pompey are now in the hands of fan ownership and looking safe bets for promotion to League One. :blink:

Maybe you should re-check about Pompey.

I couldn't bring myself to reply, so thanks for doing it for me Asia! Give me league 1 or 2 and the club under fan ownership any day of the week!

How anyone thinks Venkys will get this right is staggering, what do they have to do to turn people against them?

I do have a concern there a racial element involved in wanting them to continue to fail possibly from some.. I know they have fecked up big time in their running of the club, but I do wonder if it was someone like say, Alan sugar, he'd be given more leeway in attempting to right wrongs..

I do have a concern there a racial element involved in wanting them to continue to fail possibly from some.. I know they have fecked up big time in their running of the club, but I do wonder if it was someone like say, Alan sugar, he'd be given more leeway in attempting to right wrongs..

You can't be serious?

If Alan Sugar had appointed idiot after idiot to run and manage the club, in the process of sacking good people who were competent, whilst overseeing a spectacular fall from grace and even acknowledging he knows feck all about football then he would be getting just as much stick.

If anything, the fans have been more than lenient with Venkys.

The bigger picture is that if we want to start really enjoying going to Ewood -and encouraging/cajoling others to come as well, then we need to feel that it is OUR Club. Not the plaything of the Doobie Brothers in Puna.

We are going to bounce around the Championship and League 1 until then. Fans/Supporters need "Hope" and with a Club like the Rovers a feeling that despite the odds/media/money being against us that ...."We are the Rovers" and its disloyalty to get swayed by Man U,Man C,L'poool etc etc and if you are my son,daughter,grandchild YOU have to support the Rovers. That is the disconnect at the moment...not the Manager(he is doing his best).

The bigger picture is that if we want to start really enjoying going to Ewood -and encouraging/cajoling others to come as well, then we need to feel that it is OUR Club. Not the plaything of the Doobie Brothers in Puna.

We are going to bounce around the Championship and League 1 until then. Fans/Supporters need "Hope" and with a Club like the Rovers a feeling that despite the odds/media/money being against us that ...."We are the Rovers" and its disloyalty to get swayed by Man U,Man C,L'poool etc etc and if you are my son,daughter,grandchild YOU have to support the Rovers. That is the disconnect at the moment...not the Manager(he is doing his best).

More comments like today and the manager will be a part of that disconnect. Fans don't take kindly to obvious self-serving BS.

And who cares if he is doing his best? It's not bloody good enough!

If Alan Sugar had appointed idiot after idiot to run and manage the club, in the process of sacking good people who were competent, whilst overseeing a spectacular fall from grace and even acknowledging he knows feck all about football then he would be getting just as much stick.

If anything, the fans have been more than lenient with Venkys.

Physical assault with a snowball leniant..? That was a fecking disgrace! Not in my name..

I don't think anyone actually wants Venkys to fail. I would personally love it if they succeeded and turned it around. Its just that after 5 years of regression, decline and disappointment we appear to be getting back to a similar state of affairs to those we started - absent owners leaving the manager on a limb with no board to mediate or make decisions.

We've heard it all before and if they are really happy with how things are going then that shows that they have learnt nothing from their £100 million and 5 year 'expensive lesson'.

I personally think that initially (before number 1 of a million idiotic decisions was made) there was xenophobia.

It just happened that those fearing this unknown quantity were absolutely right to be concerned on this occasion. Now, I think it is a case of zero trust, anger and far too much water under the bridge, rather than ethnicity.

Physical assault with a snowball leniant..? That was a fecking disgrace! Not in my name..

One incident.

It wasn't in my name either, but we shouldn't cut them some slack because one got hit with a snowball FFS!

And what does that have to do with race? Completely deflected the issue from your first poor point.

God you're pathetic. I can't believe you are serious. You're on the windup alright.

Utter rubbish.

Your trolling is becoming more obvious

Last I checked they are still rooted in league 2 where they've been for 3 seasons..

Yes currently 2nd in L2, 16,000 plus at home games and Fan owned and still at Fratton Park. They have more STs than Rovers.

There are other like AFC Wimbledon who may well get back to a pitch in Plough Lane.

Whilst not Fan owned Hereford FC are on the way back. I like their motto 'Our greatest glory lies not in never having fallen, but in rising when we fall' unlike ours which should now be ''Let's roll over and have our tummy's tickled'

EDIT: having since read more posts from this WUM I'm sorry I bothered with the above. But what's done is done and it cost me time which I won't get back so it's staying.

I couldn't bring myself to reply, so thanks for doing it for me Asia! Give me league 1 or 2 and the club under fan ownership any day of the week!

How anyone thinks Venkys will get this right is staggering, what do they have to do to turn people against them?

I'm fully against them and I'm not advocating Rowett for the job specifically. He's just an example of how a change of manager turned around the fortunes of a club owned by a crackpot with no cash.

However it appears that in your view you want bowyer to stay as it hastens our decline to financial run and Venkys buggering off. As changing manager might mean the team performs better and delays that scenario.

Just some of the language used on here, by one poster in particular, IMO shouldn't be allowed.. Venkyscum, slumdogs.. Why not say what you mean pal, p#kis..

They are Indian.

As changing manager might mean the team performs better and delays that scenario.

...but more likely they will do what they've done for 5 years and make more bad decisions and hasten our decline.

I'm fully against them and I'm not advocating Rowett for the job specifically. He's just an example of how a change of manager turned around the fortunes of a club owned by a crackpot with no cash.

However it appears that in your view you want bowyer to stay as it hastens our decline to financial run and Venkys buggering off. As changing manager might mean the team performs better and delays that scenario.

That's simply not true Hasta, I don't want us to decline at all, but I'm convinced changing manager won't change the clubs fortunes.

All that said I'd sack Bowyer today, at least that would stir things up a bit until Venkys do actually crawl back under a rock, but it won't get us promoted, it can't do with no structure in the club, no budget and very very average players.

Very very poor comment to start that post with.

Archived