BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

Interesting, as I have noticed that you and I both agree that Henley is not ready for the first team, who would you play at RB?

IMO Marshal usually plays well at RB and used to link up with Cairney, and he hasn't played well on the wing for quite a while

Poor planning has left a void for the full back spot. Who plays don't think there's any one at the club capable such has been the poor planning but saying Chris Brown isn't very good upfront could he do a job at right back?

For me though I want to see Ben Marshall running past the Burnley defence creating the tap ins for Jordan Rhodes not running backwards trying to stop Burnley.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a fair enough idea to have those coaches going from Whitebirk for BBurn, Rishton & surrounding area dingles instead of them traipsing to the turd and back. Still kind of makes a mockery of it though because the whole idea of the bubble is to keep people apart and surely if some goons really wanted to target them they could.

Didn't we have coaches departing Accy last time for the same reason ? Is it a 'bubble' game or just half a bubble these days then ? Or is it really just overblown overpriced rollocks designed to keep the more working class locals out of the way so the clubs and Police can have as easy day as possible and coin in as much as possible ?

Question for the posters who love the black and white perspectives;

Would you take;

A. Lose badly to Burnley at home and away but make the playoffs.

Or

B. Smash them home and away but finish bottom half.

The problem with your question is the play offs are irrelevant. If you asked the question but changed it to winning promotion the answers could be different.

Reaching the playoffs is only important if you win.

Difficult one to call.

I've no doubt Bowyer will play a number who are not 100% fit. Wednesday night was tough physically, Rovers expended a lot of effort.

As we benefited against Derby from an extra day's rest (they played Sunday), Burnley will enjoy the same benefit tomorrow (they played Tuesday), so please, no excuses on this one Bowyer.

A big concern, looking forward to Leeds next week, is that we have Hanley, Duffy and Evans all carrying 4 bookings and a ref who is yellow card happy.

Heart says we will have enough adrenalin, given the occasion, to carry us through and avoid defeat (likely draw). Head says we will be struggling physically given injuries that are being carried and Wednesday night's exertions and Burnley will run out winners by 2 goals.

I think the anticipation has been a bit slow to build this year due to them lot getting a result last time.

We don't have that fear of losing the record and they don't have that obsession of getting a result, ergo a bit more subdued.

Probably hit the nail on the head there.

A few of my Rovers mates certainly fear losing, that never used to be the case.

However,I must stress, myself and my friends (many Burnley) still feel the animosity and excitement.

Whatever the build up, I'm sure -come 1230 tomorrow- the crowd will be as ferocious as ever.

Ps. Come on, Mercer. Never admit defeat to that lot.

Probably hit the nail on the head there.

A few of my Rovers mates certainly fear losing, that never used to be the case.

However,I must stress, myself and my friends (many Burnley) still feel the animosity and excitement.

Whatever the build up, I'm sure -come 1230 tomorrow- the crowd will be as ferocious as ever.

Ps. Come on, Mercer. Never admit defeat to that lot.

I'm more worried about Bowyer and his boys admitting defeat again!

It's a fair enough idea to have those coaches going from Whitebirk for BBurn, Rishton & surrounding area dingles instead of them traipsing to the turd and back. Still kind of makes a mockery of it though because the whole idea of the bubble is to keep people apart and surely if some goons really wanted to target them they could.

Didn't we have coaches departing Accy last time for the same reason ? Is it a 'bubble' game or just half a bubble these days then ? Or is it really just overblown overpriced rollocks designed to keep the more working class locals out of the way so the clubs and Police can have as easy day as possible and coin in as much as possible ?

I suppose it's Bubble Lite these days. Police allowing pick-up at Whitebirk is a "concession" this year to make it easier for any fans living to the west, south or north of Burnley. I'm expecting something similar for Rovers fans for the return fixture i.e. a pick-up point on the edge of Burnley.

• Backroom

Accy has always been 50/50, though most Dingles in Accy tend to have family from over that way, or have moved to Accy from Burney.

But Rishton and Ossy shouldn't house any Dingles really, though there are a few kicking about there!

Rishton is fairly split near 50:50 I would say

I think they are picking up at cut wood park this year as well

Nowhere near as nervous this year now the record is sadly gone, they have more to lose than us, 3-0 rovers

• Backroom

Really? I bow to your local knowledge, but I always thought Rishton was more Rovers?

It probably is more like 70:30 rovers actually but there's a definite smelly contingent in the pubs and Tory club etc.

Archived