BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] English Squad - Summer 2016

If Kane and Vardy aren't starting 11 and he is then they should quit internationals in protest. They don't have to play for England so shouldn't tolerate such an insult if it happens. The overrated Rooney could still be used in an attacking midfield role behind the front 2. Rooney (and Sterling I guess) shouldn't be allowed to just walk into the side.

I've got a feeling someone might be impersonating Mikey Delap here...

He looks nothing like him

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Kane and Vardy aren't starting 11 and he is then they should quit internationals in protest. They don't have to play for England so shouldn't tolerate such an insult if it happens. The overrated Rooney could still be used in an attacking midfield role behind the front 2. Rooney (and Sterling I guess) shouldn't be allowed to just walk into the side.

I've got a feeling someone might be impersonating Mikey Delap here...

Quitting in protest is a tad extreme. Whilst Kane/Vardy should be starting ahead of Rooney as it stands now, the premier league season isn't over.

Although unlikely, Rooney might just finish the season for Utd bang in form, whilst Kane and Vardy might drop off.

Make the decision at the end of the season at least.

Quitting in protest is a tad extreme. Whilst Kane/Vardy should be starting ahead of Rooney as it stands now, the premier league season isn't over.

Although unlikely, Rooney might just finish the season for Utd bang in form, whilst Kane and Vardy might drop off.

Make the decision at the end of the season at least.

Kane definitely should be the number 1 option. More question marks over Vardy but how can you leave out someone who "might" just fire Leicester to the league title? Can't totally write them off now but Ranieri never seems to get across that line. Pochettino gets nowhere near enough praise its not his fault he manages Tottenham and not Leicester. Suppose he's not too concerned about it.

Honestly I don't care really as long as Rooney (and that prat Jones) get left out.

Don't think Rovers would have been relegated in 99 despite his questionable signings (I think as a coach he's possibly more suited to international management) but forcing Kane or Vardy to make way for Rooney would be the move of an absolute coward.

As I said, at this point in time, Rooney doesn't deserve to start.

Just as "How can you leave out someone who might fire Leicester to the title", how can you leave out the all time England goalscorer, second highest premier league goalscorer in history and captain of our country?

I'm not saying he should be starting but he should go to the tournament and I don't think people should be so quick to jump on the Rooney out bandwagon.

I wish Phil Jones rediscovered some of his Rovers form, England really need a top CB. Cahill and Smalling just don't cut it for me.

As I said, at this point in time, Rooney doesn't deserve to start.

Just as "How can you leave out someone who might fire Leicester to the title", how can you leave out the all time England goalscorer, second highest premier league goalscorer in history and captain of our country?

I'm not saying he should be starting but he should go to the tournament and I don't think people should be so quick to jump on the Rooney out bandwagon.

I wish Phil Jones rediscovered some of his Rovers form, England really need a top CB. Cahill and Smalling just don't cut it for me.

Well not picking him for the squad would be insane. Certainly wasn't suggesting that and I don't think the majority of Kane/Vardy supporters are either.

I wish Jones would discover plastic surgery.

Did you know 4 years ago today Jamie Vardy was picking his nose playing for Fleetwood in the Conference?

Interesting stat that I don't think any commentator or pundit has yet to mention this season.

Hope they put a decent sell on percentage in the contract when they sold him

Did you know 4 years ago today Jamie Vardy was picking his nose playing for Fleetwood in the Conference?

Interesting stat that I don't think any commentator or pundit has yet to mention this season.

It was mentioned during the Germany game.

Though nobody mentioned that 2 years ago he was scoring against the mighty Blackburn Rovers.

It was mentioned during the Germany game.

Though nobody mentioned that 2 years ago he was scoring against the mighty Blackburn Rovers.

I know it was, along with more or less every other game he's been involved in this season. That was the 'joke', albeit a cr@p one obviously!

Harsh on Hodgson. A couple of mistakes and poor ref did for us. We were the better team up until Stones' slip.

Tell you what when Rooney hangs up his boots a career in punditry... doesn't await. He makes Wright look like Hansen. Hope he's been saving up!

Pretty flat performance overall not helped by the prawn sandwich atmosphere of Wumbley.

Nice to come down to Earth though - as against Germany the defence is very suspect. It looks like we're not gonna win Euro 2016 after all :P

It doesn't matter who gets picked. The coach is still the same man who spent 5.3 million on Christian Dailly.

Well he certainly chose to sign Dailly but there's a very interesting story on that 5.3 million. DCFC would have accepted a lot less but Rovers started considerably higher. I'm not sure entirely that the actual fee was entirely down to Hodgson. Apparently Rovers were also looking at Sol Campbell (who I don't think much of morally but compared to Dailly...say no more) but presumably any bid was rejected. Rovers did go rather crazy around that period though all those injuries forced expenditure too albeit not on Dailly/Davies.

Like I said earlier the main thing Hodgson has to do is coach. No signings, no day to day, etc. He's not going to "make any waves" with his selections I imagine other than whatever he decides with Kane/Vardy/Rooney.

No doubt the main tabloids were "bigging up" England after the Germany win and talking about winning the Euros, etc. England beating Germany in a one off game is hardly a major shock. Certainly as a knockout tournament England shouldn't be ruled out but people might recognise their true level now.

Archived