BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] English Squad - Summer 2016

• Moderation Lead

take a punt on rashford, a wild card

Hodgson dismissed that one out of hand a few weeks back I think, said it was too soon etc.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take a punt on rashford, a wild card

He's the fashionable name at the moment because he's young, fast, and plays up front for a toothless Man U team. He's not good enough. I'm not saying that he won't ever be just not now.

Will Walcott get in? Andros Townsend?

I think he'll pick

Hart, Forster, Heaton

Clyne, Walker, Stones, Smalling, Cahill, Rose, Bertrand

Milner, Henderson, Wilshere, Alli, Barkley, Sterling, Lallana, Dier, Drinkwater

Rooney, Vardy, Kane, Sturridge

Reserves: Jagielka, Walcott, Townsend, Carroll, Baines

• Moderation Lead

I think he'll go with Jagielka over Drinkwater as he won't take just three CB's.

I think Noble and Cresswell should get in the squad personally.

I think there's definitely a case for Noble. It's difficult with full back, as that's one of the positions we're very well stocked at (RB- Walker, Clyne), LB (Rose, Bertrand, Shaw, Cresswell and Baines to a lesser extent).

personally i would have Drinkwater and Noble ahead of Henderson and Lallana for you guys. England have this habit of taking players thats been around the block in terms of the national team, and it not working out. Drinkwater, Noble, Vardy, Kane, Ali, Dier, these are guys who have perfomed unbelievably well in the league. On form you should take them, but when you continue with the same players all the time irrespective of their form, then you going to go nowhere

the premierleague is too @#/? physical and there are too many games, we will always have injuries like these, boom boom boom, its time to take a leaf out of la ligas book

I'm not sure I buy that myself. It's peddled we need a winter break etc yet the Premier League has the same amount of games as La Liga. If you don't play those games over Christmas then you have to fit them in at some point over the rest of the year anyway (Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday etc). I don't know about sports physiology or anything and whether it would make a few weeks with no games would actually make a difference or not.

Will be an interesting summer for sure, would love to see us going for a few players who are used to playing together, when we had Ali, Dier, Rose and Kane in the side we looked pretty good, and well on form alone they look a better bet than the likes of Lallana, Henderson, Sturridge and co.

Agree with the rest but Sturridge is a class act and technically our best player

Yeah I grouped them on team, also works well enough without having to get to know his team mates, but hell he is injured enough to not really end up with a steady run.

For a long time England has had the same issues with players and injuries, , may just be me but as a country it seems like we have way way more than others.. P Jones, Wilshire, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Rooney.. and the list is almost endless going on since the late 80s where the top top players (potential wise) we have seem to break down so easily.

I can't be the only one that thinks that even mentioning the name of glass ankle Jack in regards to Euro 2016 is absolutely ludicrous, can I?

If Wilshere gets in before Noble it's a travesty. Wilshere hasn't played this bloody year, how can he be in consideration?

If Wilshere gets in before Noble it's a travesty. Wilshere hasn't played this bloody year, how can he be in consideration?

Same way other managers have every tourney for England.. the gamble that may or may not play, but on his day can be the winner for England....

Still would rather him rest up and get fit for a year or two of no excess playing... in an ideal world for me Wilshire/Ali would make a good combo in midfield with Dier (still not 100% on him) or someone in the dm position.

For me atm though, our biggest problem is defence, they are just not good enough in the middle... we need an Adams, Terry or Butcher in there.. and we just don't have them.

Thinking back though for all the ability the squad now have they are no where near the standard of the guys from '96, Seaman, Pearce, Adams, Campbell, Southgate, Stevie Mc, Shearer, Gazza, Platt, Sheringham, .. etc etc..

Rashford in the squad? WTF????

You sound surprised. He's done well, but Christ :(

Typical knee jerk decision from Woy. The man who tried to persuade Adnan Januzaj to choose England, after a goalscoring debut.

I think Rashford will be class. His movement is really special. But talk about promoted beyond his abilities as they stand.

EDIT -- He's in the Prov 26 man squad. So he may not go after all. My points still stand :P

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders

Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Ryan Bertrand, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Gary Cahill

Midfielders

Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Danny Drinkwater, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Adam Lallana, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere, Andros Townsend

Forwards

Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Daniel Sturridge

You sound surprised. He's done well, but Christ :(

Typical knee jerk decision from Woy. The man who tried to persuade Adnan Januzaj to choose England, after a goalscoring debut.

I think Rashford will be class. His movement is really special. But talk about promoted beyond his abilities as they stand.

He should be nowhere near that squad yet. Would he be in if he played for (e.g.) West Ham?

I assume he'll be one of the three to drop out before the final squad is announced.

For me I think the three we need to cut should be Delph, Lallana or Milner and Either Henderson or Wilshere depending on their Fitness. I would only bring Rashford with us as there is an unpredictability about him I won’t get caught up with what he has done for United this season but I am a firm believer of bringing at least 1 young player to be a part of the squad and discover what tournament football is like. Especially as he is one for the future.

Archived