BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking a nicely co-ordinated video could be produced via you tube, with stats, interviews of local business's and supporters showing passion and factual information regarding how we have got to this day

Aye. A dedicated YouTube channel/account.

You can't protest by filling out a ground. Just doesn't make any sense

The filling of the ground would not be the protest.

The protest would be the voices / chants of those in the ground.

The wolves match will be televised live.

What a way to get your voice heard.

A ground chanting venkys out - which can be shared on social media.

Facebook, twitter.

yes lets fill the ground and the tossers pockets great idea

It's just one game Abbey, its well known that our attendances are sub 9/10k these days, we'd get way more media attention if we had a lot more fans making a lot more noise. It's not about putting money in the scums pockets this is about getting rid of them, one game with an extra few thousand home fans isn't going to get them out of the financial mess they and us are in, but it could help us in our fight to get rid of them! Season ticket holder or boycotter who cares we are all rovers fans and for the Wolves game we should be as one. #18In75Out #VenkysOut

I am as one but outside . To me the better idea would have been a complete boycott for the wolves game with everyone outside the players/ directors enterance . I will say it again there is NO way I set foot inside until they go .

There is still a big role that can be played for those who cannot step foot in the ground Abbey, if there is enough willing to still get down to the ground, as with most ideas numbers are crucial mate.

I see the protest campaign is gathering pace, its certainly being picked up on the various online news channels around the web.

I'm wondering how long it'll be before Coyles put before the media to tell the world its just not helping the players, the manager, the club and all the protests are doing is damaging the players, the manager, the club :blink:

One things for sure, I doubt we'll get those drunks on Sky saying much this time around because we're not Premiership anymore, it'll be interesting to see the reaction, that will tell us all we need to know about who's still filling their boots on the back of our club.

#venkysout

I see the protest campaign is gathering pace, its certainly being picked up on the various online news channels around the web.

I'm wondering how long it'll be before Coyles put before the media to tell the world its just not helping the players, the manager, the club and all the protests are doing is damaging the players, the manager, the club :blink:

One things for sure, I doubt we'll get those drunks on Sky saying much this time around because we're not Premiership anymore, it'll be interesting to see the reaction, that will tell us all we need to know about who's still filling their boots on the back of our club.

#venkysout

You fully expect the club officials to come out with this sort of thing because it's a free pass for them, win or draw, and they are heroes in the face of adversity (a la the dignified one), lose and the fans are the reason we lost.

What I'm more disappointed at is when fans come out with the same. They've nothing to gain, apart from piously deflecting the problem away from Venkys and onto the fans. Playing right into their hands!

You fully expect the club officials to come out with this sort of thing because it's a free pass for them, win or draw, and they are heroes in the face of adversity (a la the dignified one), lose and the fans are the reason we lost.

What I'm more disappointed at is when fans come out with the same. They've nothing to gain, apart from piously deflecting the problem away from Venkys and onto the fans. Playing right into their hands!

Yes agree with that Stuart, but you'll always get fans that feel supporting the side is the only way to go, negativity in the ground/protests will always divide opinion.

I don't disagree with either side of the argument, but I do see the bigger picture, and the playing side is a side show at until Venkys are gone.

#venkysout

Parson , Chaddy will you be playing a part at 18 75 or will just carry on as if everything is normal ?

Come on Abbey lets not hammer people for taking a different stance.

I can guarantee more will not protest than will protest, but each to their own, the focus now should be Venkys, not our own fans.

We've had to much infighting between fans, its really important we try to get away from that now.

Hammering no one Gav just asking the question that's all .

It's a fair question. We need these folks with us.

As a statement, the more fans that leave on 75 the better.

It WILL be spotted by the Sky cameras. The opposite where only a few leave (e.g. because it's a close game or we are winning) will be derided.

What's the cost of not walking - at this stage?

To be honest I think we need something with a lot more visual flair to garner serious media interest... something outlandish that would be featured on snippets of TV news worldwide.

18 75 is a good idea but with the pitiful amount of fans in the stands it won't have the desire impact. Sky will do one or two cutaway shots to people leaving and that will be that. At this stage we truly need something that would have people not interested in Rovers texting each other saying 'Did you see...'

My thinking cap is on and I'd encourage others to do the same.

To be honest I think we need something with a lot more visual flair to garner serious media interest... something outlandish that would be featured on snippets of TV news worldwide.

18 75 is a good idea but with the pitiful amount of fans in the stands it won't have the desire impact. Sky will do one or two cutaway shots to people leaving and that will be that. At this stage we truly need something that would have people not interested in Rovers texting each other saying 'Did you see...'

My thinking cap is on and I'd encourage others to do the same.

Blue and white glow sticks? Bright yellow ones?

It's a fair question. We need these folks with us.

As a statement, the more fans that leave on 75 the better.

It WILL be spotted by the Sky cameras. The opposite where only a few leave (e.g. because it's a close game or we are winning) will be derided.

What's the cost of not walking - at this stage?

In a much wider context I agree, but posters on here, of which we have 15 regulars, irrelevant in my opinion and will only cause pages of arguments.

Im in constant contact with the indian press and one in particular has advised me to get a well worded advert put out over there in a months time to run with the launch of their new super league start.

They said many agencies would be willing, whilst the launch will see millions of Indian Readers pick up the paper and read the advert. He asked what funds we have so he can do some digging to who is best positioned to ensure maximum exposure

Im in constant contact with the indian press and one in particular has advised me to get a well worded advert put out over there in a months time to run with the launch of their new super league start.

They said many agencies would be willing, whilst the launch will see millions of Indian Readers pick up the paper and read the advert. He asked what funds we have so he can do some digging to who is best positioned to ensure maximum exposure

This is the sort of thing that should be in a private area, good effort by the way Glen.

Venkys have enough power and cash to put pressure on editors to stop this and that would be a shame.

So nothing sadly . Without starting an argument why would you not support a walk out to make a point ?

Is the long term future not more important than 15 mins?

No problem answering that Abbey. I'll be doing what I always do - supporting the players on the pitch from the first minute to the last.

• Backroom

I'm more than happy to set up a funding page again to get an advert in the Indian press.

Agree with Gav that this really should be in a private section of the board.

Regarding setting up a fund.. does anyone know the best way to go about it with it not going to charity?

Regarding setting up a fund.. does anyone know the best way to go about it with it not going to charity?

I don't know a lot about it, or whether they take a slice, but I've seen people use www.gofundme.com

Archived