BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe not the Bank of India? Who else can stand that amount of money if not a bank? Is this all building up to some sort of crescendo Pune?

I am sure phillipl will disagree. 100 million debt is owed to bank of India. I personally dont think so. But then I am deluded anyway so dont take my word for it. Nobody knows the money trail. The chances that much of that has gone elsewhere is quite possible. But I am not an expert on these matters. So take my words with a pinch of salt. :)

Thought it was 20 mill to SBOI?

80 Million to the chicken fantasists.

I don't believe for one minute we owe them 80 million. I'd love to see the interest charged on these "loans"

What if much of that 80 mil gone to people who are running the club? :) Its quite possible.

A'la mode Davies

Yep smells like another "Moonshift" to me.

I am sure phillipl will disagree. 100 million debt is owed to bank of India. I personally dont think so. But then I am deluded anyway so dont take my word for it. Nobody knows the money trail. The chances that much of that has gone elsewhere is quite possible. But I am not an expert on these matters. So take my words with a pinch of salt. :)

What if much of that 80 mil gone to people who are running the club? :) Its quite possible.

Look at the value of players sold and the parachute payments and the fact the players which were bought for any value were "staged" payments, i'd consider this almost impossible.

Again Venky's who's conglomerate isn't that wealthy and makes only ten million in clear profit a year suggests to me that they were taking money and loaning it back at a charge of interest. Very similar to how Davies was involved at Bolton through "moonshift" where he paid himself 5+ million a year in interest which was why he could wave goodbye to the debt in the end as it was a debt to him and he'd paid some of it back through the "interest".

Given Venkys has a listed stock worth of 70 million, then why would a bank lend 80 million?

Genuinely, thanks for the info.

People have been called tinfoil-hatters for less.

You've certainly stoked up the mb this evening if nothing else.

In the words of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, we all see but we do not observe :)

And you're getting so carried away with yourself you've replied to the same post twice. Glad you're having fun. Even if proper Rovers fans aren't.

People have been called tinfoil-hatters for less.

You've certainly stoked up the mb this evening if nothing else.

We all love intellectual debates :) I genuinely like to read your responses. Not just to my posts but to others posts as well. The reasoning is insightful even if there is disagreement.

Yep smells like another "Moonshift" to me.

Look at the value of players sold and the parachute payments and the fact the players which were bought for any value were "staged" payments, i'd consider this almost impossible.

Again Venky's who's conglomerate isn't that wealthy and makes only ten million in clear profit a year suggests to me that they were taking money and loaning it back at a charge of interest. Very similar to how Davies was involved at Bolton through "moonshift" where he paid himself 5+ million a year in interest which was why he could wave goodbye to the debt in the end as it was a debt to him and he'd paid some of it back through the "interest".

Given Venkys has a listed stock worth of 70 million, then why would a bank lend 80 million?

Land around Pune was the line we were given.

Either way...if I've got this right... Which I doubt...

Venkys owe someone or other some of the huge money swishing around. However this "someone or other" doesn't want them to sell / exit because they still see the club as a cash cow somehow or other. Moving players around I'd imagine, handing out three year contracts when one would suffice. So when someone like the Ian's come forth with £60m for 51% you'd think they'd snatch their hands off. But it's not their decision. That would put pay to the fun and games - the "debt" going out left right and centre to all manner of people.

Thoughts?

To those who are targeting parson. How is not attending working out for ya? Have the Venksters left yet?

Continuing to attend doesn't seem to have got rid of them either. What's your next plan?

Venkys owe someone or other some of the huge money swishing around. However this "someone or other" doesn't want them to sell / exit because they still see the club as a cash cow somehow or other. Moving players around I'd imagine, handing out three year contracts when one would suffice. So when someone like the Ian's come forth with £60m for 51% you'd think they'd snatch their hands off. But it's not their decision. That would put pay to the fun and games - the "debt" going out left right and centre to all manner of people.

Thoughts?

Or

You must normally keep records for at least 6 years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to. You may need to keep records longer if: they show a transaction that covers more than one of the company's accounting periods

So six years is up pretty soon.

Covering up the Agreement with Crescendo from when they bought the club and the alleged 80% pay offs would seem reasonable.

Thoughts?

Question is who is this "someone or other". Surely NOT the bank.

We all love intellectual debates :) I genuinely like to read your responses. Not just to my posts but to others posts as well. The reasoning is insightful even if there is disagreement.

You are starting to sound a lot like Ranoff Westwood

That was exactly my point. So why fight over who is going and who isn't? :) Which is what I wrote.

OK.benefit of the doubt time. If you really know the true story then pm Glenn Mullan who just needs the missing link to blow the whole thing out of the water. Ball is in your court.

Question is who is this "someone or other". Surely NOT the bank.

Ok so the raos personally bought the shares in VLL. If another company had given (or lent) then this money then there would be tax implications. Would the Indian tax authorities look into where this money came from?

Ok so the raos personally bought the shares in VLL. If another company had given (or lent) then this money then there would be tax implications. Would the Indian tax authorities look into where this money came from?

Not unless they had a strong lead or reason to believe that the money source had violated the Foreign Currency or foreign trade regulations, assuming it was a offical loan. If the money had come from covert channels, there is no way to trace. AKA cash..

Borrow money from oversees or somewhere against land that may not be yours but make it look like it is. Use it to run a company in England whilst bleeding large sums out in a different direction. Loan tops out so they ask for it to be settled then an ownership issue suddenly arise. A squabble then begins with the creditors but you say it's not our fault we thought it was ours you'll have to take it up with the government now they've grabbed it, you exit stage left.

All made up of course but I makes you think.

Ali Syed anyone ?................................

Borrow money from oversees or somewhere against land that may not be yours but make it look like it does. Use it to run a company in England whilst bleeding large sums out in a different direction. Loan tops out so they ask for it to be settled then an ownership issues suddenly arise. A squabble then begins with the creditors but you say it's not our fault we thought it was ours you'll have to take it up with the government now they've grabbed it, you exit stage left.

All made up of course but I makes you think.

Ali Syed anyone ?................................

One small little problem there. Only a football club. Its only incidental that they got their hands on BRFC. They could literally have bought many other companies and NOT a football club. Heck they might even actually have made money if they had opened enough Venky Express centers instead of buying a Football club for 40 million. Like you yourself pointed out, football clubs are like Rolls Royces, money guzzlers. Surely they could not have envisioned the premier league riches at that point in time. Not impossible I know, but improbable.

Otherwise it sounds like a good plan.

Whatever. Raos MAY have had some financial plan or other to benefit them and it may well be continuing to do so for all I know.

Can't think of any other reason for hanging on to it.

But one thing is for sure, they bought a football club without having any football plan!

And we are the sufferers.

One small little problem there. Only a football club. Its only incidental that they got their hands on BRFC. They could literally have bought many other companies and NOT a football club. Heck they might even actually have made money if they had opened enough Venky Express centers instead of buying a Football club for 40 million. Like you yourself pointed out, football clubs are like Rolls Royces, money guzzlers. Surely they could not have envisioned the premier league riches at that point in time. Not impossible I know, but improbable.

Otherwise it sounds like a good plan.

As far as I'm aware though the land thing only came into play after relegation. According to Forbes of India the ICICI Bank funded the takeover (or at least Vs stake in it :) )

The fifty million figure got banded about by Nixon and some claimed to have seen proof that this land was allegedly being put up as security. No coincidence that parachute payments add up to virtually that very figure imo maybe the land was put up to borrow from somewhere against future parachute payments which were then in turn supposed to pay it back.

As far as I'm aware though the land thing only came into play after relegation. According to Forbes of India the ICICI Bank funded the takeover (or at least Vs stake in it :) )

The fifty million figure got banded about by Nixon and some claimed to have seen proof that this land was allegedly being put up as security. No coincidence that parachute payments add up to virtually that very figure imo maybe the land was put up to borrow from somewhere against future parachute payments which were then in turn supposed to pay it back.

Yes but question is why go through the trouble of frauding a bank by taking loan from them against land which they allegedly did not own just to spend it on BRFC? So they they could sell players at a profit? :) And that profit went where? They paid back to India? Then it must surely show in their detailed books of accounts of VLL.

Money has not come from or to Venky's the publicly listed company as nothing is mentioned regarding VLL or BRFC in any of their books in terms of income or expense since they took over. Which is precisely why the shareholders are NOT bothered.

Yes but question is why go through the trouble of frauding a bank by taking loan from them against land which they allegedly did not own just to spend it on BRFC? So they they could sell players at a profit? :) And that profit went where? They paid back to India? Then it must surely show in their detailed books of accounts of VLL.

Money has not come from or to Venky's the publicly listed company as nothing is mentioned regarding VLL or BRFC in any of their books in terms of income or expense since they took over. Which is precisely why the shareholders are NOT bothered.

So you are saying , club being funded by third party?

Archived