BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a recent 30mill cash injection one would assume the BOI have called this already in which saw Rhodes leave very similar to the Barclays and Samba thing?

meerkat ... a cat quite ironic given the article on the cat, venkys and the vets the other week!!!

There's been no confirmation of any 30 mill yet although the bank will have swallowed the Rhodes cash just like most of us knew it would.

Glad that Seneca have released that holding statement they will go into much more detail soon, they want to give a considered response to what Rovers released today.

As Mercerman has very correctly summarised Seneca had put a proposal forward to both Venky's and also Cheston/Pasha, they could not submit a formal until they could talk directly to Venky's or their appointed representatives and more importantly had a look at the books, they cannot submit a bid until they have seen exactly what was the financial position.

It was not Seneca who leaked their proposal to me, I initially got it from Pune. I do have a good relationship with Seneca and once I approached them with the leaked documents they were open about what they were proposing so that I could report the proper story rather than something based on what I had heard and seen from Pune.

In your opinion do you think it actually got as far as the V's or did it stop at a receptionists desk in Pune ?

I think that it went to the owners. Plus the fact that it was also sent to Cheston and Pasha who are meant to be running the club so to say that the club has received no proposal is a lie.

Glad that Seneca have released that holding statement they will go into much more detail soon, they want to give a considered response to what Rovers released today.

As Mercerman has very correctly summarised Seneca had put a proposal forward to both Venky's and also Cheston/Pasha, they could not submit a formal until they could talk directly to Venky's or their appointed representatives and more importantly had a look at the books, they cannot submit a bid until they have seen exactly what was the financial position.

It was not Seneca who leaked their proposal to me, I initially got it from Pune. I do have a good relationship with Seneca and once I approached them with the leaked documents they were open about what they were proposing so that I could report the proper story rather than something based on what I had heard and seen from Pune.

Kamy,

I thought the response was very measured by Seneca in all honesty.

What do you think the follow-up will contain?

Kamy,

I thought the response was very measured by Seneca in all honesty.

What do you think the follow-up will contain?

I suspect that it contain more detail about what they proposed and the process that they went through.

I am hoping to do a podcast with them in due course.

I think they will be totally brassed off that news of the 'dialogue' broke prematurely. Who knows, it may also have had some influence in the punatics decision and response. Doesn't excuse or explain the blatant lies on the clubs behalf though.

I just wish that someone could spill the beans and get rid of the plague.

I think that it went to the owners. Plus the fact that it was also sent to Cheston and Pasha who are meant to be running the club so to say that the club has received no proposal is a lie.

Yep I don't doubt the lies from the club but also I reckon the shield the Venkys from the truth operation is still in full flow.

One thing we do know from this response from Venkys. Is they don't like anything to do with 'takeover' news in the media. A subject they would rather avoid.

I think Seneca should get an article in the media in India.

I suspect that it contain more detail about what they proposed and the process that they went through.

Kamy iyo were do you reckon the club goes from here ?

Besides league one

Cheers.

I never expected the proposal to be accepted (although I did allow myself to get a tiny bit excited), but to come out and flatly deny anything even existed is absolutely outrageous,

I've refrained from posting since I found out as it would be mostly swearing, and would probably make me angrier, I just can't imagine what would need to be done to get rid of these clowns (and that's without the 'other' stuff)

I think they will be totally brassed off that news of the 'dialogue' broke prematurely. Who knows, it may also have had some influence in the punatics decision and response. Doesn't excuse or explain the blatant lies on the clubs behalf though.

I just wish that someone could spill the beans and get rid of the plague.

To be honest, if there was a real buyer out there who made progress with Venkys, I wouldn't expect to find out about it until after the deal was done.

Not saying Seneca aren't genuine but somebody at the club leaked this. Why? To undermine the approach from Day 1?

Why can't we just be a normal club? Why is this kind of chaos not making the back pages in the same way Charlton, Leeds and Forest owner stupidity does? Is somebody managing the press?

Stockholm Syndrome rife amongst Rovers fans. We should be "thankful Venky's are still funding the club" apparently. Seems the untold damage done to the club, it's identity, infrastructure and ethos is being swept under the carpet, whilst the Rao's continue to spit on the legacies of all those ever associated with BRFC.

@#/? you Venky's, and @#/? the simpletons who support the vermin and their actions.

Not at all. But getting the fanbase all excited by briefing Kamy and Nixon when the "bid" hadn't got anywhere wasn't very helpful, was it?

Someone leaked it to Nixon. Seneca would not have briefed the press while there was a glimmer of hope and possibly not after it was dead in the water.

Stockholm Syndrome rife amongst Rovers fans. We should be "thankful Venky's are still funding the club" apparently. Seems the untold damage done to the club, it's identity, infrastructure and ethos is being swept under the carpet, whilst the Rao's continue to spit on the legacies of all those ever associated with BRFC.

@#/? you Venky's, and @#/? the simpletons who support the vermin and their actions.

I'm not even sure they are clever enough for Stockholm Syndrome. I just think there is a certain shallowness that, providing the team play in blue and white halves, with the 1986 badge, at Ewood Park, then it is the same club it always was. A breakaway club would flounder for the same reason.

Sounds like Venky's were aware of the Seneca interest, but are able to say they had no offer because Seneca couldnt lodge an official bid, because they couldn't get as far as due diligence.

To be honest, if there was a real buyer out there who made progress with Venkys, I wouldn't expect to find out about it until after the deal was done.

Not saying Seneca aren't genuine but somebody at the club leaked this. Why? To undermine the approach from Day 1?

Why can't we just be a normal club? Why is this kind of chaos not making the back pages in the same way Charlton, Leeds and Forest owner stupidity does? Is somebody managing the press?

I agree with you Stuart. It certainly makes you wonder if dark forces are still at work somewhere in some form. We were never media darlings even in our pomp but there's definitely 'sommat queer Goin' on'.

Sounds like Venky's were aware of the Seneca interest, but are able to say they had no offer because Seneca couldnt lodge an official bid, because they couldn't get as far as due diligence.

I think that is spot on. Seneca tried a strategy of floating a scenario subject to due diligence which could not be an offer at that point and the scenario - not an offer - was roundly rejected

The bid had little chance of success on a number of levels. But primarily as it was about 60 million shy. Not sure why everyone was getting giddy. Pay the 120 million and buy the club, promise another 50 million over 5 years, or stop prattling on.

Printed bedsheets for Seneca?

Everyone states the two Ian's are very astute. The cynic in me notes lots of free advertising at the moment.

Never thought you'd be a glue sniffer, pal

Quite rightly blame the owners but the fans along with them? The real enemy lies nowhere near the club but in India, in fact mostly unaware that the club exists bar a couple of zeros on some paperwork somewhere.

Can't blame rovers fans for supporting their team through thick and extremely thin. When that starts happening, and it's thrown in with this fallacy of "putting money in tho'wd hags pocket" it's little wonder it's difficult to get a consistent message or statement of intent from the whole fan base as one.

Those who require an education into why they are wrong in their views that all is rosey will simply ignore anything you've got to say after being called a ******* simpleton.

Anger isn't going to solve anything.

Someone leaked it to Nixon. Seneca would not have briefed the press while there was a glimmer of hope and possibly not after it was dead in the water.

Seneca themselves leaked it to the press by all accounts, but we'll never know will we....

Seneca/Trust need to take their fight to the masses, publish facts in the press, get the fans onside, because at the moment i'd estimate around 80% of the fans that attend games don't feel the need to protest, or feel the need to get rid of the owners, they actually think Venkys are our only option and thats criminal Paul it really is.

Enough is enough, we need change, or at least go down fighting.

Not sure how many of you are on Facebook but it's amazing the number of fans who seem positively delighted that the Seneca bid has failed and are shooting down dissenters.

The consistent put down in post after post is to portray themselves as superfans.

Are these real fans or fake profiles? I know every club has its imbeciles but surely after the 6 years we've had they can't be that thick?

Seneca themselves leaked it to the press by all accounts, but we'll never know will we....

Seneca/Trust need to take their fight to the masses, publish facts in the press, get the fans onside, because at the moment i'd estimate around 80% of the fans that attend games don't feel the need to protest, or feel the need to get rid of the owners, they actually think Venkys are our only option and thats criminal Paul it really is.

Enough is enough, we need change, or at least go down fighting.

I think you are right on your analysis of the fanbase, which is something that needs to be taken into account in all the fanciful protest/boycott threads. The fact is that there are thousands of Rovers fans who either aren't awareof, aren't bothered by, or accept as a necessary evil the current arrangements. Calling them delusional Venky-lovers might be cathartic but gets in the way of any progress. The task is to find common ground everyone can agree on. Like it or not, the fanbase isn't going to unite around the accepted narrative on here.

It is a lie. Joint ownership can be 50:50, 75:25 etc. Their statement says 'joint' not 'equal'.

Why are you trying to defend them?

In any case their statement says they are not selling neither are they"diluting" their ownership.

That is a direct reference to the 2 I's offer to acquire 51% of Rovers that they say was never made!

Archived