BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

In any case their statement says they are not selling neither are they"diluting" their ownership.

That is a direct reference to the 2 I's offer to acquire 51% of Rovers that they say was never made!

I see where you're coming from 47er but Venkys (or whoever wrote that appalling press release) could just as easily be referring to the media reports, as opposed to the actual bid, because the media reports did outline what the proposal was. So they were refuting the rumour in the press, rather than letting the cat out of the bag that they actually did see the proposal. Not that I believe them for a nanosecond!!

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite rightly blame the owners but the fans along with them? The real enemy lies nowhere near the club but in India, in fact mostly unaware that the club exists bar a couple of zeros on some paperwork somewhere.

Can't blame rovers fans for supporting their team through thick and extremely thin. When that starts happening, and it's thrown in with this fallacy of "putting money in tho'wd hags pocket" it's little wonder it's difficult to get a consistent message or statement of intent from the whole fan base as one.

Those who require an education into why they are wrong in their views that all is rosey will simply ignore anything you've got to say after being called a ******* simpleton.

Anger isn't going to solve anything.

I don't blame anyone who wants to support the team through thick and thin. Absolutely fine by me and they should never be shouted down for that. But they should give those who are unhappy with Venky ownership the same courtesy. There are Venky apologists attacking anyone who is remotely negative about the Rao's ownership of the club and it is toxic. Perhaps you are right that anger isn't the answer, but you can't reason with idiots and God, I've tried today. Ultimately, they are part of the problem.

We have come across certain media reports that we have received a proposal for joint ownership of the club.
We wish to clarify that there is no truth in these reports. We, the owners of the club, have no intention of selling or diluting our stake in any manner.
We are totally and absolutely committed to supporting the club and endeavor for its advancement in all aspects.

The sheer amateurish nature of the press release with its poor English, mis-spelling and strange phraseology smacks to me of someone in a foreign country dictating it over the telephone to a lackey at Ewood Park. Who those people were doesn't need much imagination.

Venkys are absolutely taking a giant dump on everything Rovers, I mean if this fiasco hasn't reached the point of action, nothing ever will. "Positive" season ticket sales kill any and all hopes to fight Venkys, however, they are the nail in the coffin of the club.

Quite rightly blame the owners but the fans along with them? The real enemy lies nowhere near the club but in India, in fact mostly unaware that the club exists bar a couple of zeros on some paperwork somewhere.

Can't blame rovers fans for supporting their team through thick and extremely thin. When that starts happening, and it's thrown in with this fallacy of "putting money in tho'wd hags pocket" it's little wonder it's difficult to get a consistent message or statement of intent from the whole fan base as one.

Those who require an education into why they are wrong in their views that all is rosey will simply ignore anything you've got to say after being called a ******* simpleton.

Funding Venkys is not "supporting the team." Supporting Rovers would be doing everything humanly possible to get rid of Venkys, and ensure that the club is in the right hands, to actually give the team a chance to progress and reach the Premiership again. The type of "support" you are talking about, and that many still seem to be buying into, does nothing to help the long term prospects of the team, and only makes Venkys happy.

Seneca themselves leaked it to the press by all accounts, but we'll never know will we....

Seneca/Trust need to take their fight to the masses, publish facts in the press, get the fans onside, because at the moment i'd estimate around 80% of the fans that attend games don't feel the need to protest, or feel the need to get rid of the owners, they actually think Venkys are our only option and thats criminal Paul it really is.

Enough is enough, we need change, or at least go down fighting.

I very much doubt your first sentence but I'm 100% with the rest. It may be too late but there has to be action.

I haven't read any account which suggests Seneca leaked this to the press. What my have happened is Nixon received a leak and then went to Seneca for confirmation. Once that happens Seneca are between a rock and hard place. I think the following is true.

There was absolutely no benefit for Seneca in being the source of this leak. I have strong reason to believe this. It's also clear the Raos would respond negatively to publicity so why would Seneca risk this? It wouldn't be to get the fans inside.

This leaves two potential sources for the leak, Pune and Ewood. At Ewood Seneca would have approached Cheston or Pasha. In Pune we don't know who would receive the approach but can assume it would be someone very senior in the Venky organisation, probably a member of an inner circle?

The question has to be why?

Seneca had nothing to gain and everything to lose through a leak.

At Ewood is there quite literally anyone left who might benefit or effectively be on the take? If Cheston/Pasha leaked the info what would be the motivation?

From Pune seems unlikely. From what we have seen of Venky's their management style is ruthless. Therefore why should a senior individual risk a leak for personal benefit?

I believe the leak was "authorised" in some manner by the Raos. Why? I've no idea.

The only other alternative is someone at Ewood/Pune stands to benefit from leaking stories to Nixon.

And you have never slagged or blamed fans have you ? Siggggggggghhhhh

When we talk about this deal being "leaked to the press" do we mean when Kamy messaged Nixon on Twitter with info on the deal? (I'm not trying to uncover any scandal here, if you simply follow both people that message would have been on your timeline).

As I understand the day after Nixon did a few lines in the sun and then out with of that there has been lots of coverage in the LT and on here but nationally well none. Or did I miss more coverage in the national press?

Funding Venkys is not "supporting the team." Supporting Rovers would be doing everything humanly possible to get rid of Venkys, and ensure that the club is in the right hands, to actually give the team a chance to progress and reach the Premiership again. The type of "support" you are talking about, and that many still seem to be buying into, does nothing to help the long term prospects of the team, and only makes Venkys happy.

You, like me and many others have no idea of the owners intentions, so how could you be so sure? Buying a season ticket just makes them happy? I can't fathom that one.

Long term prospects of the team wouldn't be effected by how many fans we still have? Not sure I follow you there.

And you have never slagged or blamed fans have you ? Siggggggggghhhhh

Again, ask yourself this question before you post, is it worthwhile?

because at the moment i'd estimate around 80% of the fans that attend games don't feel the need to protest, or feel the need to get rid of the owners, they actually think Venkys are our only option and thats criminal Paul it really is.

Enough is enough, we need change, or at least go down fighting.

Probably right on this GAV

However, its the classic stats scenario and working it to one's argument if required but the truth is there will be less attending than there were 5-6 years ago and its that what matters

ie of those attending /that will attend for next season, it will possibly be for arguments sake and estimate 25% less than last year -which as we know has dwindled every year and will continue as things stand.

Fact is , that most will be those that are still backing the loons - yet something else will happen next season which the same groundhog day discussions/anger will rage and another 25% will turncoat etc ( year on year)

So the protest will be in the lack of attendance

What I find astonishing and hypocritical is those in the loons out camp and itk more than others -still complain - yet still submit to renewing the S/T counteracting anything they say - this is for me far worse than the ones with the 'heads in the sand'

Fair do's for being loyal and maybe attending some games - but this is no 'sticking with your club' through the highs and lows scenario and for me its disrespectful to the legacy of Jack and totally agree there has to be change with the loons being removed or forced out somehow.

You, like me and many others have no idea of the owners intentions, so how could you be so sure? Buying a season ticket just makes them happy? I can't fathom that one.

Long term prospects of the team wouldn't be effected by how many fans we still have? Not sure I follow you there.

Mr black says white

I think you will probably find it will jb - nobody will be enticed to come and play at a virtually empty chicken coop except for the mercenaries who will just pop up for a second and collect the corn and cluck off.

(something that has been all to evident don't you think ...don't blink now)

Maybe you should question yourself before you question others once in a while

I very much doubt your first sentence but I'm 100% with the rest. It may be too late but there has to be action.

I haven't read any account which suggests Seneca leaked this to the press. What my have happened is Nixon received a leak and then went to Seneca for confirmation. Once that happens Seneca are between a rock and hard place. I think the following is true.

There was absolutely no benefit for Seneca in being the source of this leak. I have strong reason to believe this. It's also clear the Raos would respond negatively to publicity so why would Seneca risk this? It wouldn't be to get the fans inside.

This leaves two potential sources for the leak, Pune and Ewood. At Ewood Seneca would have approached Cheston or Pasha. In Pune we don't know who would receive the approach but can assume it would be someone very senior in the Venky organisation, probably a member of an inner circle?

The question has to be why?

Seneca had nothing to gain and everything to lose through a leak.

At Ewood is there quite literally anyone left who might benefit or effectively be on the take? If Cheston/Pasha leaked the info what would be the motivation?

From Pune seems unlikely. From what we have seen of Venky's their management style is ruthless. Therefore why should a senior individual risk a leak for personal benefit?

I believe the leak was "authorised" in some manner by the Raos. Why? I've no idea.

The only other alternative is someone at Ewood/Pune stands to benefit from leaking stories to Nixon.

Pasha with his crescendo Kentaro link or is that too much of a coincidence

whelk of the LT has said they have received a response from Seneca but I haven't seen it published yet.

Hopefully it will shed some light on things. But its al @#/? and wind, we all predicted how it would pan out.

I think you will probably find it will jb - nobody will be enticed to come and play at a virtually empty chicken coop except for the mercenaries who will just pop up for a second and collect the corn and cluck off.

(something that has been all to evident don't you think ...don't blink now)

Maybe you should question yourself before you question others once in a while

Believe me I've questioned myself a lot over recent seasons! I still disagree with Mr E saying that more tickets just means happy Venkys. The last part of the post (about questioning) is just to Abbey because I'm bored stiff of his content, nobody else.

Somewhere in the middle of all this arguing their is a football team.

Believe me I've questioned myself a lot over recent seasons! I still disagree with Mr E saying that more tickets just means happy Venkys. The last part of the post (about questioning) is just to Abbey because I'm bored stiff of his content, nobody else.

Somewhere in the middle of all this arguing their is a football team.

Currently just enough 1St teamers to raise the 11...The Blackpool scenario looming ever closer

We have come across certain media reports that we have received a proposal for joint ownership of the club.

We wish to clarify that there is no truth in these reports. We, the owners of the club, have no intention of selling or diluting our stake in any manner.

We are totally and absolutely committed to supporting the club and endeavor for its advancement in all aspects.

The sheer amateurish nature of the press release with its poor English, mis-spelling and strange phraseology smacks to me of someone in a foreign country dictating it over the telephone to a lackey at Ewood Park. Who those people were doesn't need much imagination.

I reckon it's been put directly onto the website by someone who doesn't speak the best English. Not necessarily from this country.

whelk of the LT has said they have received a response from Seneca but I haven't seen it published yet.

Hopefully it will shed some light on things. But its al @#/? and wind, we all predicted how it would pan out.

Radio Lancs reported Seneca response this morning.

I reckon it's been put directly onto the website by someone who doesn't speak the best English. Not necessarily from this country.

Would rich people who don't need to work know how to work a website ?

Would rich people who don't need to work know how to work a website ?

It wouldn't of been rocket science but I wonder whether we are talking about some proper spacemen with Venky's

On match of the day bbc Facebook page the headline is 108 millions in debt then the club statement

Even nationwide the club are a joke

The interesting thing is that whenever we get mentioned in the national press there is reference to being '£108 million in debt' (or whatever figure it is), as though this financial situation is putting Venkys under real pressure and difficulties and that they might be looking to sell on that basis.

I think nothing could be further from the truth. The majority of the 'debt' is owed to them and I think even they realise by now that they aren't getting that back any time soon. A similar situation to the 'debt' owed by Fulham to Al Fayed, Bolton to Davies and Ipswich to Evans. Interest free loans to the parent company with no date for repayment are commonplace as a means of funding a club.

I don't think this figure is a problem for Venkys or the club at this stage. They clearly don't seem bothered by it or they would have snapped Seneca's hands off if offered a route out. Venkys will only ever leave if or when they are ready to, I don't believe the debt situation is the driving factor.

Archived