BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

By now I expected the Raos to be fed up and looking for the Exit door......but still they are playing around in the most feeble way.

We argued a long-time ago whether it was 'conspiracy' or 'cock up' and it has to be the latter -there is no money to be made from the current state of BRFC for any conspirator to think it is worth their time and risk. The whole situation is heart-breaking and totally unnecessary.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tittle tattle, gossip, leaks, did they? didn't they? etc etc. All products of the maelstrom of rubbish that goes through various forms of social media, and which usually end in bitching, abuse of others and pathetic childlike insults. Rational debate has gone by the wayside because it is too easy to use forums etc to insult others with whom you do not agree, or even dislike. On a football note, Seneca's bid was never going to be accepted as soon as news of it was leaked to .....social media? Oh, and Venkys reign has been a disaster, but it won't stop thousands of people buying season tickets and attending games, whether you agree with them doing so or not.

When we talk about this deal being "leaked to the press" do we mean when Kamy messaged Nixon on Twitter with info on the deal? (I'm not trying to uncover any scandal here, if you simply follow both people that message would have been on your timeline).

As I understand the day after Nixon did a few lines in the sun and then out with of that there has been lots of coverage in the LT and on here but nationally well none. Or did I miss more coverage in the national press?

Nixon had the story first. No doubt in my mind on that. Which is why I keep wanting to know from who and why?

This leak had huge potential to damage the approach and club. If we're honest with ourselves Seneca were probably flogging a dead horse but had to try. If there was the slightest chance of success Nixon could have scuppered it.

Believe me I've questioned myself a lot over recent seasons! I still disagree with Mr E saying that more tickets just means happy Venkys. The last part of the post (about questioning) is just to Abbey because I'm bored stiff of his content, nobody else.

Somewhere in the middle of all this arguing their is a football team.

that I won't dispute JB :tu: and for that there is argument whichever side of the fence we sit

I'm not even sure they are clever enough for Stockholm Syndrome. I just think there is a certain shallowness that, providing the team play in blue and white halves, with the 1986 badge, at Ewood Park, then it is the same club it always was. A breakaway club would flounder for the same reason.

The blue and white halves thing has a big pull on me . God, I even root for the team in Rovers colours, if I come in to a room to find the kids playing FIFA...To echo Richard Nixon..."I am not shallow!"

I think Stockholm Syndrome is a particularly challenging phrase, but it is shorthand for the "without Venky's, we're f***" script. My own belief is that we are f***d with them because all that makes a football club is dying under their tenure.The only hope is Vexit( sorry, nicked off a previous poster!)

After all, they are never going to change.It even looks like previous dark forces may not have gone away and we know that agenda was certainly not in the interests of BRFC.

Nixon had the story first. No doubt in my mind on that. Which is why I keep wanting to know from who and why?

This leak had huge potential to damage the approach and club. If we're honest with ourselves Seneca were probably flogging a dead horse but had to try. If there was the slightest chance of success Nixon could have scuppered it.

I don't know whether Nixon had the story first or not but as I said all I can go off is what I saw with my own eyes and that was Kamy telling him he had some news of a potential takeover bid. A short time later Nixon posted on his own timeline about having some potential news about the takeover and the next day it hit the press with Nixon having no more knowledge or information than what could have been found on this very forum.

I don't know whether Nixon had the story first or not but as I said all I can go off is what I saw with my own eyes and that was Kamy telling him he had some news of a potential takeover bid. A short time later Nixon posted on his own timeline about having some potential news about the takeover and the next day it hit the press with Nixon having no more knowledge or information than what could have been found on this very forum.

Kamy said if Nixon didn't publish what he had (Nixon that is) by a certain time, he would spill the beans, and he did

Kamy said if Nixon didn't publish what he had (Nixon that is) by a certain time, he would spill the beans, and he did

Exactly.

Exactly.

Kamy also said the leak came from Pune. This on the face of it does not seem logical.

Are we all trying to find some logical reason for the Venky's actions without having the facts.

If a logical answer is not there then it must be an illogical answer.

If we think outside the box for a while we might sus it out.

Example, are they trying to force out an un named party !

Kamy also said the leak came from Pune. This on the face of it does not seem logical.

Are we all trying to find some logical reason for the Venky's actions without having the facts.

If I remember correctly going off kamy's timeline on Twitter and his posts on here..He said the initial leak came from Pune following that Nixon was contacted by the Ian's as they wanted the story out nationally.No disrespect to what Paul is saying but kamy has seen the proposals sent by senaca and has been in dialogue with the two Ian's so it seems would have more of an inside track

If Kamy says the leak came via Pune, then that is where it came from.

I don't see any reason why he would want to lie about it.

From all sides the situation has been handled very badly.

It does not matter where or who leaked the information first.

It should never have been mentioned at all in the media. It is not the way to do any business.

Senaca should have just approached venky / or their representatives, not the media.

Hehehe we all going around looking at where the leak came from rather than concentrating on the key thing for me which is that the statement released yesterday was basically a lie and that Venky's have yet again ignored a very sensible way forward for both them and the club.

For the record, the leak did come from Pune. I knew it was genuine so contacted Seneca who confirmed what I had and gave me some background. Alan also had the same leaked information so we were able to corroborate with each other that the information was legitimate.

You're a family worth 4 billion. (According to Nick Harris). Why would you consider handing over control of the Club to guys with relatively limited access (60m) to a tranche of other people's money?

Youre a family worth 4 billion, why do you finance your VLL subsidiary with a loan from Barclays, have you're credit withdrawn then refinance with the Bank of India??

Hehehe we all going around looking at where the leak came from rather than concentrating on the key thing for me which is that the statement released yesterday was basically a lie and that Venky's have yet again ignored a very sensible way forward for both them and the club.

For the record, the leak did come from Pune. I knew it was genuine so contacted Seneca who confirmed what I had and gave me some background. Alan also had the same leaked information so we were able to corroborate with each other that the information was legitimate.

That cleared it up for people I hope.

Any idea why they have responed in this way Kamy, it does not make any sense on the face of it.

We have all seen the statement that "someone" released but the important line is their denial of receiving the Seneca proposal but that makes no sense at all when it's obvious that it was sent.

Surely even people as stupid as they are could not expect to get away with such a lie. However I'd be interested to see how the proposal was forwarded to them as surely Seneca could prove it was sent.

Something is not right about the whole thing but then things have never been right since they took over.

Youre a family worth 4 billion, why do you finance your VLL subsidiary with a loan from Barclays, have you're credit withdrawn then refinance with the Bank of India??

I think everyone who has seen the bizarre situation that is Venkys as owners of the Rovers would be concerned ( this is Barclays ). On the other hand Bank of India probably know a lot more about the Family and their wealth and have trust in them. The might have guarantees and Securities in India the Bank of India can obtain.

This is just from a Financial perspective

I think everyone who has seen the bizarre situation that is Venkys as owners of the Rovers would be concerned ( this is Barclays ). On the other hand Bank of India probably know a lot more about the Family and their wealth and have trust in them. The might have guarantees and Securities in India the Bank of India can obtain.

This is just from a Financial perspective

agreed - the point really was that Revidge had commented "Why would you consider handing over control of the Club to guys with relatively limited access (60m) to a tranche of other people's money?"

I was merely suggesting that Venkys were themselves financing the club debt with other people's money, it isn't really a justification for ignoring a bid.

Believe me I've questioned myself a lot over recent seasons! I still disagree with Mr E saying that more tickets just means happy Venkys. The last part of the post (about questioning) is just to Abbey because I'm bored stiff of his content, nobody else.

Somewhere in the middle of all this arguing their is a football team.

Jesus .. I've seen you , you are an ugly Barry manilow Doppler ganger who seemingly can't get enough of me .. News flash im married

No-one. Someone else correctly made the point though that if they were to hand over control to another party/parties, that party could then issue unlimited amounts of new shares thereby diluting the V's shareholding and rendering it virtually worthless.

That would have to be done by a rights issue and the Venkys would have rights to purchase too.

Someone leaked it to Nixon. Seneca would not have briefed the press while there was a glimmer of hope and possibly not after it was dead in the water.

I think you might be right Paul. Seneca have said nothing really that I can trace. The day it all broke, the LT said ''not appropriate to comment'' (or similar) and until yesterday 's response to the Venkys bullsh1t they have said nothing which suggests to me they haven't released anything to the media and didnt want anything out there.

So in summary, they make some kind of proposal to the owners , speak with Cheston and Pasha about it and two weeks later the Club inform them via a release on the Club's website that not only are they not interested but they are ''committed to further advancement'' Is that about right?

In typical Venkys style its like they have pretended the last 2 weeks haven't existed ( a bit like the last 5 years then) and then come out with a pack of lies . How hard would it have been to get round the table for an hour and listen to what Seneca had to say and if that is of no interest then you shake hands and all move on? You could have then said, we have held talks but nothing is progressing at the current time , It would have been disappointing for the hopes to be dashed again .Instead we get this classless nonsense from them. Another half chance for them to do the right thing and actually gain some PR out of it if handled the right way. But no!

Something very very wrong here. Am I alone in thinking that the words ''Due Diligence'' will have scared the daylights out of Venkys?

30 odd years of watching my team since being a child but its over for me with these crooks. They can further advance to their hearts content as far as I'm concerned .please wake me up again when we are in administration.

I think you might be right Paul. Seneca have said nothing really that I can trace. The day it all broke, the LT said ''not appropriate to comment'' (or similar) and until yesterday 's response to the Venkys bullsh1t they have said nothing which suggests to me they haven't released anything to the media and didnt want anything out there.

So in summary, they make some kind of proposal to the owners , speak with Cheston and Pasha about it and two weeks later the Club inform them via a release on the Club's website that not only are they not interested but they are ''committed to further advancement'' Is that about right?

In typical Venkys style its like they have pretended the last 2 weeks haven't existed ( a bit like the last 5 years then) and then come out with a pack of lies . How hard would it have been to get round the table for an hour and listen to what Seneca had to say and if that is of no interest then you shake hands and all move on? You could have then said, we have held talks but nothing is progressing at the current time , It would have been disappointing for the hopes to be dashed again .Instead we get this classless nonsense from them. Another half chance for them to do the right thing and actually gain some PR out of it if handled the right way. But no!

Something very very wrong here. Am I alone in thinking that the words ''Due Diligence'' will have scared the daylights out of Venkys?

30 odd years of watching my team since being a child but its over for me with these crooks. They can further advance to their hearts content as far as I'm concerned .please wake me up again when we are in administration.

Due diligence it will never get to that stage due to there underhandedness with other parties

Absolutely.

For me, it's back to known unknowns again. Who else is involved in the ownership and what is the real agenda?

They're hiding something imo. Its the only logical reason.

Venkys know they are hated, they don't even dare come to the games. Even when they're in the country they don't visit. They don't speak about the club, they don't talk to anyone at the club, they don't speak to journalists. They don't promote that they own the club. There is no way they haven't been told how much we @#/? hate them.

They keep pumping money in because its the easy option when you are rich as @#/?. If the club goes into admin or liquidation at the moment it'll be all over the news and questions will be asked. So how can they hide, whatever it is that they are hiding and walk away quietly? They can slowly reduce the funding. They can make it impossible for success to happen. Slowly we'll fade away, get lower and lower in each league. Once we're in the conference everybody will expect us to go into liquidation. No questions will be asked, because people will accept its unsustainable at that level.

For anyone that doubts it - they are cash rich, they're asset rich, they've got money everywhere. Seneca's 60m is small change to them. They could pay every debt we have and wipe out their 120million tomorrow. But that isn't part of the plan. That increases the risk of whatever it is they are hiding coming out. So they use the BOI to fund it, despite being able to fund it themselves, so they can send it under.

Archived