BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamy also said the leak came from Pune. This on the face of it does not seem logical.

Are we all trying to find some logical reason for the Venky's actions without having the facts.

If a logical answer is not there then it must be an illogical answer.

If we think outside the box for a while we might sus it out.

Example, are they trying to force out an un named party !

I am sure you are onto something here.

It's like looking at Donald Rumsfeld's jigsaw with key bits missing. My guess is that some of the missing pieces are about other stakeholders/owners. Others are likely to be about wrongdoing in the past.... "Rummy" has come up quite a bit on this message board..I .wonder why!

People who praise the Venkys for not turning off the financial taps completely baffle me...

It's like thanking someone for not turning off your life support when they were the ones who beat you into a coma in the first place!

People who praise the Venkys for not turning off the financial taps completely baffle me...

It's like thanking someone for not turning off your life support when they were the ones who beat you into a coma in the first place!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

When you're dead, you don't realise it, and it makes life difficult and painful for those around you.

Same for when you're a hopeless moron, always grasping the incorrect conclusion with the utmost certainty and confidence.

As others have said, as soon as "due diligence" was mentioned the proposal would've gone dead.

It's going to take someone equally as crooked to get out of this situation.

Looks like that's what happened at Portsmouth and Leeds. One bad owner after another.

Leaking to the press wouldn't have helped as we know from past experiences that Venky's don't like anything linking them to the media it seems when it comes to Rovers.

Even if it was kept under wraps and they managed to submit and actual proposal to the Venky's directly it was always going to be rejected. Offering to buy the club outright might get them thinking maybe it's time to exit but their stubbornness and reluctance to admit failure likely would have stopped that. But a deal involving them securing the debt and running costs of the club but giving up a controlling stake and put trust in others that they would turn it around was never going to happen.

I am totally convinced that we are cursed to be stuck with Venkys to the end of time.

Nothing moves them, neither fan hostility, loss of money, association with a club in terminal decline-----nothing.

So, negative response-----don't go and find something else to do.

Come back when the nightmare is over, assuming you live that long.

Hehehe we all going around looking at where the leak came from rather than concentrating on the key thing for me which is that the statement released yesterday was basically a lie and that Venky's have yet again ignored a very sensible way forward for both them and the club.

For the record, the leak did come from Pune. I knew it was genuine so contacted Seneca who confirmed what I had and gave me some background. Alan also had the same leaked information so we were able to corroborate with each other that the information was legitimate.

Kamy, you keep referring to "Pune"; offer was sent to Pune, link came from Pune etc. Can you be more specific given it's the 9th biggest city in India? Venky HQ must have hundreds, maybe thousands of employees. Without naming names are we talking family, inner circle, senior figure, anyone who'll talk to you/Nixon/Seneca?

Its simply an excuse to do nothing.

I blame the fans.

You do not deserve a top-flight team.

Bunch of whingers. You get cheap tickets and still moan.

Those nice Venky folk are putting in £M's and keeping the Club going; you should be backing them.

Reminds me of something Stewart Lee once said... "You people get the shows you deserve."

My observation of Venky apologists is that some are too young too comprehend that the club could go out of existence, some are old enough but too thick to comprehend it, and some aren't actually fans at all. They just jumped on the bandwagon in 1995, like the shirt colours but have never actually set foot inside Ewood. They live nowhere near Blackburn so don't know anything about what's going on other than via what they believe to be doom and gloom merchants.

Its simply an excuse to do nothing.

Yes the "can't be arsed" merchants. The casual "fans" making out they are the hardcore because they have a season ticket. They go to Ewood because there's nothing else better to do. If Rovers weren't there they'd be watching Stanley. Sad really, if I weren't into Rovers as much as I am I wouldn't be anywhere near the club. If that's a casual "day out" for some they really do need to reassess what they are doing with their lives.

Apart from all the other weird stuff, and there is so much, two things keep playing on my mind.

The statement is so poorly written, and the spelling of endeavour, which gets auto corrected on my computer... So must have been written on an American keyboard?

Also in the kit thread, Sergei says the ultimate choice is made by the owners... But they don't care or pay any attention to us...

Reminds me of something Stewart Lee once said... "You people get the shows you deserve."

My observation of Venky apologists is that some are too young too comprehend that the club could go out of existence, some are old enough but too thick to comprehend it, and some aren't actually fans at all. They just jumped on the bandwagon in 1995, like the shirt colours but have never actually set foot inside Ewood. They live nowhere near Blackburn so don't know anything about what's going on other than via what they believe to be doom and gloom merchants.

There's another type - "People who believe everyone else is as respectful and professional as they are."

My father comes under this umbrella. He's been around Professional football for 50 years.

He despises Venkys with a passion, but fears the end of the club without them - despite all views that contradict.

I'm adamant that I wont renew my season ticket, and the look on his face when I say that is painful.

He keeps trying to persuade, and eventually I'm bound to give in.

He's an intelligent man, but his faith in these idiots is simply down to his own standards, and a fear of the unknown, of a bygone era.

There's another type - : "People who believe the best in people/ everyone else is as respectful and professional as they are."

My father comes under this umbrella.

He's been around Professional football for 50 years.

He despises Venkys with a passion, but fears the end of the club without them - despite all views that contradict.

I'm adamant that I wont renew my season ticket, and the look on his face when I say that is painful.

He's an intelligent man, but his faith in these idiots is simply down to his own standards, and a fear of the unknown, of a bygone era.

He will never change.

Yes the "can't be arsed" merchants. The casual "fans" making out they are the hardcore because they have a season ticket. They go to Ewood because there's nothing else better to do. If Rovers weren't there they'd be watching Stanley. Sad really, if I weren't into Rovers as much as I am I wouldn't be anywhere near the club. If that's a casual "day out" for some they really do need to reassess what they are doing with their lives.

A lot of the youth are blinded by their passion and don't really get it but we've all been there. Not long ago I and plenty others were moaning on here about stay aways but things have moved on a notch in wrong direction since then.

It does seem though that loads who do live miles away are always the first ones to slag off the locals who are kicking off safe in the knowledge that they have a perfect excuse not to go. Of course they all always state that if I lived there I'd be getting one of these cheap STs and I'd be there every week no matter what. Well NO they wouldn't actually because they'd be just as wrapped up in it and just as brassed off as those of us who've stuck with it but had enough of those ignorant cretins thousands of miles away.

Then again there is the others who should know better after seeing what's happening under their noses. I'm sure the V's could just give the club to Barry Kilby and he'd declare it Burnleys feeder academy club and they'd just shrug their shoulders and turn up as long as the shirt colour didn't change !

There's another type - "People who believe everyone else is as respectful and professional as they are."

My father comes under this umbrella. He's been around Professional football for 50 years.

There's another type - : "People who believe the best in people/ everyone else is as respectful and professional as they are."

He will never change.

Gulp!

He will never change.

I was abused by the King super fan a season ago when I spoke out about Venkys. I think him and his little group like the thought of Rovers being small and 5hite. ' look at us we are the only ones left in Ewood, our own little club '

He will never change.

Your father sounds very old school. A bit like when people had done well for themselves they used to donate or fund local causes. Custodians of local institutions. I wish there was my people about like your father.

I was abused by the King super fan a season ago when I spoke out about Venkys. I think him and his little group like the thought of Rovers being small and 5hite. ' look at us we are the only ones left in Ewood, our own little club '

There are without doubt elements of our support that revel in being small time.

I was talking to one at Sheff Wed away, without a hint of sarcasm he said; 'I bet Bolton fans can't wait for next season, think of all those Derbies!'

Just read the comments section in the LT. I honestly cannot believe the pond life that call themselves supporters on there. Those 2 pillocks Beetlejuice and Leitchy seriously need outing, what a pair of bellends.

Archived