BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where have I missed this? Always love a Mercer pearler.

When the Seneca bid first broke. Not one to miss an opportunity, Mercer said something along the lines of being 80% sure we'd have new owners by the start of the season.

Here you go.

I was abused by the King super fan a season ago when I spoke out about Venkys. I think him and his little group like the thought of Rovers being small and 5hite. ' look at us we are the only ones left in Ewood, our own little club '

King super fan was the first on to Nutall Street protesting back in the day, now he says support the club through thick and thin.

The mans a hypocritical idiot with a bunch of no mark sheep that follow him around looking for scraps from the trough.

But we distress...

King super fan was the first on to Nutall Street protesting back in the day, now he says support the club through thick and thin.

The mans a hypocritical idiot with a bunch of no mark sheep that follow him around looking for scraps from the trough.

But we distress...

Great summation (it's digress though fella!) there Gav and not a shred of it untrue.

But we distress...

The Venkys and The Spiv know how to divide us.

Looks like some people didn't understand Orwells Animal Farm. I wonder if we'll have a creepy advert for the new kit this season.

We don't hear often from Venkys so it's worth spending a few minutes seeing what we can learn from the statement for any future attempts..

1) It was clearly written in another language and then badly translated. This suggests English isn't their primary language for doing business. It's no surprise; while English is widely spoken in India it's not the official language but used more as a lingua franca to overcome the 20-odd official languages and hundreds of dialects. In the large cities in companies with big overseas connections I'd expect things to be written in much better, if a little idiosyncratic English. Pune, while large, is a bit off the beaten track and most of their business is done in India, so little need for strong English skills. Every little helps in trying to get the attention of heads of large companies so if it were me, I'd find out what language they do speak and send anything in that.

2) No-one at Ewood felt empowered to do them a favour and polish the statement, hardly sticking your neck out in the real world. This suggests it's not worth approaching anyone at Ewood about anything.

3) The wording, while odd, does sound more than bit petulant. I interpret it a bit as "Who the @#/? are you sending us unsolicited offers?" I would think it pretty sure that, while the two Ian's are big fish in the North-West, they wouldn't be on the radar of many Indian billionaires - the deals they talk about on their website are simply too small to be of interest. So to get any traction, it's probably going to take someone getting an intro with a reco from a much bigger fish who does get on their radar. I've been wondering how an ex Arsenal stadium announcer like Anderson got in, because he isn't a big enough fish either. Maybe that Huber got him in, or even whoever got Huber in. To me it looks liek for anyone to make any progress with them, they first have to gain the trust of someone who can get them some airtime with the family.

Any other budding Conan Doyles read anything else into it?

Dear peasants,

We wouldn't p**s on you if you were on fire.

Please carry on watching your beloved club die slowly, while we sit here laughing as we pour the anitdote, bottle by bottle, down the sink.

Love,

The poison running through the veins of Blackburn Rovers.

We don't hear often from Venkys so it's worth spending a few minutes seeing what we can learn from the statement for any future attempts..

1) It was clearly written in another language and then badly translated. This suggests English isn't their primary language for doing business. It's no surprise; while English is widely spoken in India it's not the official language but used more as a lingua franca to overcome the 20-odd official languages and hundreds of dialects. In the large cities in companies with big overseas connections I'd expect things to be written in much better, if a little idiosyncratic English. Pune, while large, is a bit off the beaten track and most of their business is done in India, so little need for strong English skills. Every little helps in trying to get the attention of heads of large companies so if it were me, I'd find out what language they do speak and send anything in that.

2) No-one at Ewood felt empowered to do them a favour and polish the statement, hardly sticking your neck out in the real world. This suggests it's not worth approaching anyone at Ewood about anything.

3) The wording, while odd, does sound more than bit petulant. I interpret it a bit as "Who the @#/? are you sending us unsolicited offers?" I would think it pretty sure that, while the two Ian's are big fish in the North-West, they wouldn't be on the radar of many Indian billionaires - the deals they talk about on their website are simply too small to be of interest. So to get any traction, it's probably going to take someone getting an intro with a reco from a much bigger fish who does get on their radar. I've been wondering how an ex Arsenal stadium announcer like Anderson got in, because he isn't a big enough fish either. Maybe that Huber got him in, or even whoever got Huber in. To me it looks liek for anyone to make any progress with them, they first have to gain the trust of someone who can get them some airtime with the family.

Pune isn't off the eaten track though, it is part of what is know as the golden triangle of Mumbai, Pune and Nashik.

Tata Motors, Mahindra Mahindra, Gabriel Corporation and many many more are based or have major operations in Pune

Company executives that I came across working in the area have better English than most English people.

The fact that it is a bad translation sets the alarm bells ringing for me, something or someone is working behind the scenes, in shadows even.

Pune isn't off the eaten track though, it is part of what is know as the golden triangle of Mumbai, Pune and Nashik.

Tata Motors, Mahindra Mahindra, Gabriel Corporation and many many more are based or have major operations in Pune

Company executives that I came across working in the area have better English than most English people.

The fact that it is a bad translation sets the alarm bells ringing for me, something or someone is working behind the scenes, in shadows even.

I don't disagree, my ex employer has a factory in Pune. Maybe it's the combination of an Indian focused business being there. You and I most likely wouldn't have come across such a company there??

Interesting theory, but surely all the prime suspects involved definitely speak English as a first language?

This suggests it's not worth approaching anyone at Ewood about anything.

I posted something similar this morning about the amateurish nature of the press release.

With regards to the above, it also suggest that no one at Ewood dare edit the press release (or possibly even suggest it) either.

I could be as mundane as this is obviously the time of year when most of the full time staff take their holidays, so the place is like the Marie Celeste and a phoned-in missive from from India got written up by the tea boy.

I could be as mundane as this is obviously the time of year when most of the full time staff take their holidays, so the place is like the Marie Celeste and a phoned-in missive from from India got written up by the tea boy.

Possible but amateurish and still shouldn't happen. It's like the editor of a newspaper allowing the cub reporter to write the splash headline.

Even as short-handed as they are you would expect coordination to ensure someone is there who can handle stuff that comes up. We do have 270 employees after all.

But we distress...

If I am not mistaken he had his own protest when Gordon Lee left for Newcastle but i could be wrong its a lo g time ago...

I don't disagree, my ex employer has a factory in Pune. Maybe it's the combination of an Indian focused business being there. You and I most likely wouldn't have come across such a company there??

Interesting theory, but surely all the prime suspects involved definitely speak English as a first language?

I was thinking more along the lines of the double bluff lol.

A shadowy figure wanting to make it look like a credible piece written by an Indian,

Can't think of any suspects that I could name at the moment, can you ;)

Archived