BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

Somethings always been amiss and from day one

It seems that away from the main business which is probably run by trusted business associates from when the old man got it going then everything this guy gets involved in turns into a farce.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the bit about Rao being unable to be reached even by people in his own backyard, not like them to ignore anything. I reckon that explains the bodyguards as they are there to keep people away who he owes money rather than anyone wanting to kidnap him for a ransom !

Dave Whelan and SAF called it right

SAF has never been the sort to make open comments like that as well.. but back then I think we all wanted the dream of getting back to the top... If we think the last 5 years have been bad... then we are really in for a proper train ride from now on I reckon, writing has been on the wall but now it is a proper banksie level job

Still half our fans refuse to see what's happening and somehow dismiss the last 5 years as oh they knew nothing, shame but they'll get it right ! Mostly the same fans who've been missing for years !

They've been up top their neck in it from the word go and could have stopped this chain of events years ago. They don't want to.

Still half our fans refuse to see what's happening and somehow dismiss the last 5 years as oh they knew nothing, shame but they'll get it right ! Mostly the same fans who've been missing for years !

They've been up top their neck in it from the word go and could have stopped this chain of events years ago. They don't want to.

totally agree, the answer I always get it you support the players forget the owners, for me I can't the poison has spread across all area's of the club and I can't separate it

We've gone from a respectable, mid-table Premier League club to a debt-ridden shambles staring down the barrel of division 3 football. If those supporters can't see the common denominator, then the penny is never going to drop m'afraid. They are either deluding themselves or they are simply too thick to see it, which given the IQ of your average footy fan is more than likely.

A fair portion of our fanbase believe this is our natural level;

'we'd have ended up here anyway'.

'At least Venky's are keeping us afloat'.

Indeed. There is a school of thought that because Rovers were short of money and in the 2nd/3rd divisions in the 70's and 80's that this is 'our place' or our 'destiny' as a club, and only the input of Jack Walker artificially and temporarily lifted us out of that status and that only huge investment will see us get back to where we were.

I think that is complete bunkum. I'm not interested in what the situation was like 30-40 years ago, because football generally, and Blackburn Rovers specifically, have changed so much so quickly that the playing field is completely different. Other than 11 men running around on Ewood in blue and white shirts there is no comparison to 1970 whatever. The input of Jack Walker changed things forever, or at least it should have done. The facilities he developed, along with the glory he brought and status to the town and club, lifted it into a higher bracket in the echelons of English football. Standards and expectations at this club should be higher because of 1990-2010.

We've ended up in this state because we've been systematically neglected and run into the ground from within. Not over one season or a couple of seasons like many clubs are, but for more than 5 years, without interruption, with only the tenure of Gary Bowyer temporarily changing the flow and bringing some normality to the club. In hindsight I think it becomes more clear by the day what a good job Bowyer did in almost impossible conditions, not just on the pitch and bringing great financial income to the club, but off the pitch in being able to cope with the dismal working conditions and being out on a limb for more than 2 years with little or no support from above.

Now Bowyer's calming influence has gone the edifice of the regime has collapsed once again and the power vacuum has returned.

Our decline has been nothing to do with our size as a club, or being 'above' our level previously, or some sort of natural process of ups and downs in football. We're in the same boat as Leeds and Portsmouth - decline caused purely because of bad owners, only the real travesty is that we haven't had the financial issues they had.

Some of our fans will be tweeting and emailing Venkys as we speak, apologising for the ingratitude of Rovers fans.

I think there is a strong likelihood of something seriously, seriously unusual/ dodgy behind the scenes.

At this stage it is the only thing that makes sense.

*golf clap* took just 5 years to work that out..

"we will keep the manager" - LIE

"we will keep the board" - LIE

"we will run the club like a professional football club" - LIE

"we will maintain community relations" - LIE

Within the first six months of them taking over, agents advising the club on who to buy... a year later managed by the second in charge of the first team with a board of directors you can laugh at (but of course our fault as fans for having any issue with that).. 5 years later 14-16 professional players including 3 long term sick notes, no manager, no board of directors (a board normally dictates having more than one chap talking to himself), no money, no income, ongoing debts, owners never seen and who refuse to sell....need I even bother going into detail

*golf clap* took just 5 years to work that out..

"we will keep the manager" - LIE

"we will keep the board" - LIE

"we will run the club like a professional football club" - LIE

"we will maintain community relations" - LIE

Within the first six months of them taking over, agents advising the club on who to buy... a year later managed by the second in charge of the first team with a board of directors you can laugh at (but of course our fault as fans for having any issue with that).. 5 years later 14-16 professional players including 3 long term sick notes, no manager, no board of directors (a board normally dictates having more than one chap talking to himself), no money, no income, ongoing debts, owners never seen and who refuse to sell....need I even bother going into detail

tweeting this

I hear from several sources today that allegedly JA is still running Rovers.

It is very easy to deduce that this is the case but are the allegations based on actual facts or hard recent evidence?

In the absence of any other logic, this is the only logical explanation which makes sense, but logical deduction doesn't always mean it is factually true.

I hear from several sources today that allegedly JA is still running Rovers.

Sure?

The SEM agent on twitter says he is 90% retired and has no involvement in Rovers.

Journos says he has no involvement in Rovers and hasnt for many years

Sure?

The SEM agent on twitter says he is 90% retired and has no involvement in Rovers.

Journos says he has no involvement in Rovers and hasnt for many years

Are you talking about SEM_NW ? He is not a SEM Agent!!!!!!!!!!!! but no doubt he may still be in contact with his mate in the south He jumped into bed with the dark lord by becoming a scout/talent spotter for SEM during Andersons charm offensive on Rovers supporters,although he is no longer .

SEM virtually do not exist anymore like most of the associated companies and the Kentaro group. The employees , agents and those who they represented as well as their associates spread far and wide.

If the above is wrong he is free to correct me by posting on here.

It may well be true that the dark lord is 90% retired the three companies he is still a director of may well just be be taking up the 10%

Archived