BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that they say they won't dilute their "stake" in the club. Who else owns a stake in it?

How do they know the offer was to dilute their stake if they didn't receive it?

Maybe the message was lost in translation. When we get the Anthropologist Whisperer in, we'll suddenly find that we have the best owners in football and they've just been misunderstood all along. :unsure:

Have to say, im a little glad that glenn has currently removed his statement/thread, as in my opinion his comments where not as wholly representative of rovers fans as the statement claimed, from the handful of people ive spoke to in person about todays statement and the issie in general, most people are just like 'yea whatever, have we got a newanager yet'

Have to say, im a little glad that glenn has currently removed his statement, as in my opinion his comments where not as wholly representative of rovers fans as the statement claimed, from the handful of people ive spoke to in person about todays statement and the issie in general, most people are just like 'yea whatever, have we got a newanager yet'

You have made that up

Interesting that they say they won't dilute their "stake" in the club. Who else owns a stake in it?

No-one. Someone else correctly made the point though that if they were to hand over control to another party/parties, that party could then issue unlimited amounts of new shares thereby diluting the V's shareholding and rendering it virtually worthless.

No surprise as I didn't expect any other outcome for a second but yet again the way they go about things is an absolute disgrace. To deny the facts by a play on words is an insult and confirms that the club and it's supporters are held in utter contempt by this lot. I fear that this summer is turning into an end of days situation for BRFC.

Have to say, im a little glad that glenn has currently removed his statement/thread, as in my opinion his comments where not as wholly representative of rovers fans as the statement claimed, from the handful of people ive spoke to in person about todays statement and the issie in general, most people are just like 'yea whatever, have we got a newanager yet'

He hasn't removed it, he just merged the threads so it's now a post in this one. The article is still there.

If that statement didn't catch the mood then there is something wrong with people.

Should it have said, 1% are angry and confused but everyone else is delighted that Venkys will continue the advancement of the club? :rolleyes:

No-one. Someone else correctly made the point though that if they were to hand over control to another party/parties, that party could then issue unlimited amounts of new shares thereby diluting the V's shareholding and rendering it virtually worthless.

So added value from what is it worth now, no brainer

A statement that begs more questions than it answers. I can't actually see why they would issue one at all at this point, it's not like many thought a deal was likely.

There have been many references in the past to how the two Ians have had zero success in making contact with the family just to talk, let alone submit a proposal to, so the fact that the offer was "sent to Pune" clearly doesn't mean anything. Sent to who? Someone high up who has the ear of the family in pushing through deals or someone junior landed the thankless task of fobbing off any and all supporter contacts?

Getting face time with foreign, reclusive billionaire owners of a large and complex business to get prospective deals considered is nigh on impossible before you add in the personalities of our owners. Access and influence are everything, so until someone cracks that it pointless fretting about possible deals.

He hasn't removed it, he just merged the threads so it's now a post in this one. The article is still there.

If that statement didn't catch the mood then there is something wrong with people.

Should it have said, 1% are angry and confused but everyone else is delighted that Venkys will continue the advancement of the club? :rolleyes:

Advancement implies improvement, that's going well.

TJ, I think you should pick a different topic to be obtuse in.

A statement that begs more questions than it answers. I can't actually see why they would issue one at all at this point, it's not like many thought a deal was likely.

There have been many references in the past to how the two Ians have had zero success in making contact with the family just to talk, let alone submit a proposal to, so the fact that the offer was "sent to Pune" clearly doesn't mean anything. Sent to who? Someone high up who has the ear of the family in pushing through deals or someone junior landed the thankless task of fobbing off any and all supporter contacts?

Getting face time with foreign, reclusive billionaire owners of a large and complex business to get prospective deals considered is nigh on impossible before you add in the personalities of our owners. Access and influence are everything, so until someone cracks that it pointless fretting about possible deals.

Maybe they haven't got the hang of Google translate yet

Advancement implies improvement, that's going well.

TJ, I think you should pick a different topic to be obtuse in.

Maybe they haven't got the hang of Google translate yet

Maybe it should've been sent in Hindi then. I can't imagine they are used to not having everything just the way they like it. They probably make Prince Charles and his toothpaste squeezer look like Bear Grylls!

I have just been told that Seneca on are on radio lancs tomorrow evening

I guess it's always good to hear two sides to every story, overall though I am not sure what it will achieve. Fans will get @#/? off and Venky's will still own the club.

Venky's didn't need to issue a statement at all, so why they came out with something so amateur is beyond me.

Not renewing, not spending money or attending games, will not, and i repeat, will not make you less of a fan. If anybody cares about this club, they will stay away from this evil. This club is rotten to the core, this club is not the club it use to be.

So you can make this decision, and ultimately its your decision to attend or not. However, if ever this club needed a boycott then it is now. After todays statement of rubbish, and fans being take for fools again, is this what people want to continue to support?

Its a sad day, when people know they are being taken for fools, they know the club is being @#/? on, they know the legacy of Uncle Jack has been destroyed, they know the legacy of the club has been dismantled and yet and yet, they go out and give money to Venkys.

Whether you are a fan from near or far of this club, if we dont pull together now, then its over. We should not stand for this, neither should Seneca and if anybody has anything on Venkys and their dealings, step forward and reveal it.

O

I guess it's always good to hear two sides to every story, overall though I am not sure what it will achieve. Fans will get @#/? off and Venky's will still own the club.

Venky's didn't need to issue a statement at all, so why they came out with something so amateur is beyond me.

This is vastly important. Get bid confirmed and then go back to Venkys, see what they have to say.

Already said I'm out, nothing that they do now will impress me other than shutting the light out when they leave. No problem with anyone that traps up for what passes as our team/club, but they have ripped out our soul, and I'm still getting my head round, why?

I get the dark lords but despise them, and have taken in Glen's comments, but their path is to oblivion, can anyone answer that one?

Another embarrassing episode is upon us, and I'm not talking about TJ trying to steal the limelight with his bullsh1t.

They're calling some very prominent people lairs, I hope the Trust and Seneca call their bluff and out these idiots in the media.

"....

We wish to clarify that there is no truth in these reports. We, the owners of the club, have no intention of selling or diluting our stake in any manner.
We are totally and absolutely committed to supporting the club and endeavor for its advancement in all aspects."

Sounds like nonsense to me.

Also cheaper to pay a translator for 3 lines rather than anything with substance.

But you've used American spelling you @#/?.

"which would allow us to progress towards a due diligence process and hopefully thereafter, the opportunity to make a firm proposal to the owners."

You're right, didn't get to first base.

"which would allow us to progress towards a due diligence process and hopefully thereafter, the opportunity to make a firm proposal to the owners."

You're right, didn't get to first base.

But the approach was made, so Venkys lying

Archived