BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich people tell lies - stop the presses!!

An approach was made, but how far it got up the food chain is completely unclear. What is clear is that it never stood a chance.

So now what? Just seems like certain individuals are happy that Seneca never made a bid.

You are just demonstrating you don't understand how bids work. You are either a claret or being obtuse for a weird power trip. Either way, pack it in.

no agenda from me, this whole issue is a farce and is helping nothing, just lots of posturing

So? What is not helping is that we have people who want to open up proper dialogue to assist, and they cant be bothered to listen.. Venkys are a joke

I'd just urge as many as possible to join Rovers Trust now, we need to unite under something and this is probably the best way. We need a voice to publically and regularly speak out against these lot and the stronger that voice the better.

All those who are now boycotting put a tenner into this. All those who want these @#/?s gone UNITE !

Not knocking the idea but £10 is nothing unless you can back it up with a £1000 pledge.

Not at all. But getting the fanbase all excited by briefing Kamy and Nixon when the "bid" hadn't got anywhere wasn't very helpful, was it?

They are trying to buy a football club not a set of golf clubs. Is a process that takes months. Personally after the last 6 years i think it's a damn good idea to inform the fans what's going on.

The pressure will now increase further on the current "owners" so that's a good thing. Cannot believe some people are having a pop at them.

Not at all. But getting the fanbase all excited by briefing Kamy and Nixon when the "bid" hadn't got anywhere wasn't very helpful, was it?

Im not sure that is fair EIT. Seneca tried, venkys failed to hear them out. It was discussed 2 weeks ago, there was clearly an offer on the table based on the discussions. Seneca mentioned that they disscussed assistance on both a financial and operational aspect. The people that they spoke to, should have taken this to Venkys. If they did, it was ignored. 2 weeks alot could have been done, if Venkys had participated in this, but they didnt. So to say Seneca didnt make a bid is nonsense, because they tried. They approached, they gave their say, gave a deadline and they waited for a response. It didnt come.

They are trying to buy a football club not a set of golf clubs. Is a process that takes months. Personally after the last 6 years i think it's a damn good idea to inform the fans what's going on.

The pressure will now increase further on the current "owners" so that's a good thing. Cannot believe some people are having a pop at them.

Indeed they are and yes it does, it's also a process conducted out of the public eye for the most part, especially where privately-owned concerns are involved.

My guess is that the pressure, if it exists at all, just mnakes them more stubborn.

Indeed they are and yes it does, it's also a process conducted out of the public eye for the most part, especially where privately-owned concerns are involved.

My guess is that the pressure, if it exists at all, just mnakes them more stubborn.

They tried the private thing several times over the last 6 years. This is a different approach. A group actually trying to help us/save us.

Im not sure that is fair EIT. Seneca tried, venkys failed to hear them out. It was discussed 2 weeks ago, there was clearly an offer on the table based on the discussions. Seneca mentioned that they disscussed assistance on both a financial and operational aspect. The people that they spoke to, should have taken this to Venkys. If they did, it was ignored. 2 weeks alot could have been done, if Venkys had participated in this, but they didnt. So to say Seneca didnt make a bid is nonsense, because they tried. They approached, they gave their say, gave a deadline and they waited for a response. It didnt come.

I think your last sentence is most likely what actually happened.

Who knows how things get decided in Venkyworld - maybe people are scared to approach the owners with stuff they feel the owners won't like or maybe Madame replies to all her emails by 8am every day, or something inbetween. What's clear is they aren't going anywhere until they want to.

You are just demonstrating you don't understand how bids work. You are either a claret or being obtuse for a weird power trip. Either way, pack it in.

vent away if yo really must, I can take it.

but all I'm basically saying is that I think they're all just playing games and they're all as bad as each other really, its not helping anything and is just causing more unrest amongst fans, the only people that are on "power trips" are those involved in the shenanigans, I don't know anything and have no power over anybody or anything, Im just giving my thoughts, simply ignore if they bother you so much.

I think your last sentence is most likely what actually happened.

Who knows how things get decided in Venkyworld - maybe people are scared to approach the owners with stuff they feel the owners won't like or maybe Madame replies to all her emails by 8am every day, or something inbetween. What's clear is they aren't going anywhere until they want to.

What i have to say though is this. Seneca or Battersby and Currie should have been on a plane to Pune. Face to face dialogue with venkys, not via Pasha or Babu or any other middle man

vent away if yo really must, I can take it.

but all I'm basically saying is that I think they're all just playing games and they're all as bad as each other really, its not helping anything and is just causing more unrest amongst fans, the only people that are on "power trips" are those involved in the shenanigans, I don't know anything and have no power over anybody or anything, Im just giving my thoughts, simply ignore if they bother you so much.

Well there are people that do know them, both Ians. What an intelligent person would do is read about them, take in first hand views given on this board, if they did not know them. Playing games is one thing they are not trying to do.

Worst case scenario on this is the media will now chase the owners on the bid and may turn the spotlight on something that might help us.

They are trying to save us.

Kudos to them for keep trying, but personally I'd only rather hear about it when they, or someone else, gets there. Maybe that's just me.

So people are trying ito get involved and invest in the club to help turn it's fortunes around and are being refused.

But what you are saying is that you would rather not know that Venkys are refusing this offer and are continuing to run us into ruin. You would rather be oblivious thinks there is no alternative???

Archived