BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys Not Selling Rovers

How do you know it was "a ridiculously underfunded and unrealistic proposal for them to hand over control of the Club"?

Rovers is a club haemorrhaging £20million+ a season with debts I would think now in the region of £130million+.

If I was the owner of a business in such financial shyte, I would be eternally grateful if I was approached by a credible operator offering some financial relief and a potential way to recoup some serious money.

Genuine question Merce, What was the story behind the Story, you referred to when this story broke. Would appreciate a PM is you can't make it public.

And I thought that the source of the story was from Pune originally which doesn't tally with Venkys refuting they had received a bid.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know it was "a ridiculously underfunded and unrealistic proposal for them to hand over control of the Club"?

Rovers is a club haemorrhaging £20million+ a season with debts I would think now in the region of £130million+.

If I was the owner of a business in such financial shyte and an operation sinking, IMV, almost as fast as the Titanic, I would be eternally grateful if I was approached by a credible operator offering some financial relief and a potential way to recoup some serious money.

All depends on how interweaved Rovers is to their other business - off setting loss in one etc.

David GouldenWe were far wòrse before jack walker inthird division with no money and poor managers but out the blue you find a good one and things get better .but you must support your team through it all most people who moan have only whatched since 92 onwards and havent seen the terable days good luck venkys thanks for keep putting money in​

Elliot ClarkWe need to back the venkys now who have stuck by us losing money every week, back the new manager and back the team for the season ahead​

Kyle RichmanI agreeh Elliot now that that's done and we have clarification we can now move on and upwards! And look forward to a promotion push next year hopefully!​

hopefully look forward to a promotion push? And pigs are gonna fly too. Promotion push? Can't say I've heard many more ridiculous things than this in current circumstances

Agreed as for the long term picture. However in the first instance the idiots that Stuart and DunnFC are referring to on facebook need to understand the truth. If the LT wanted to, they could seriously help turn the opinion of locals.

Unfortunately they seem unwilling to risk angering a club which does nothing for them at all with regards to reports or exclusives. They are scared from being banned from the ground / press conferences otherwise they will have nothing.

imagine the media would pick up on it...

All depends on how interweaved Rovers is to their other business - off setting loss in one etc.

Plus they give every impression of the losses not being a burden, so may well feel they don't need a life belt thrown their way.

Their motivations have always been a mystery to me but I'd be amazed if being strapped for cash came into it.

They need to set out their stall, getting banned from the ground / press conferences is a story in itself. They need to 'pick' a side now and act.

People really have no idea what is going on, pre Internet all we had was the paper, but now there should be no excuse for this sorry tale not getting out to everyone.

I wonder who provides more revenue? The LT buying Rovers fan (a subset of a pretty small East Lancs readership) or BRFC advertisements?

If the answer is the latter then we will never have their ear - and will never see proper journalistic coverage of the club ever again.

Genuine question Merce, What was the story behind the Story, you referred to when this story broke. Would appreciate a PM is you can't make it public.

And I thought that the source of the story was from Pune originally which doesn't tally with Venkys refuting they had received a bid.

Don't want to comment on this until the Seneca story has run its course and we know a little bit more about the supposed additional £30million that Philipl understands Venky's have put into Rovers.

I picked my understanding of the 'story' up from Manchester which is a long way from Pune! Think it was Kamy who mentioned Pune.

Plus they give every impression of the losses not being a burden, so may well feel they don't need a life belt thrown their way.

Their motivations have always been a mystery to me but I'd be amazed if being strapped for cash came into it.

Take out the cash ..load the club with debt and pay just the interest as you continue to take out the cash from transfers and keep loading the debt and paying the interest.

Philipl pointed out theres enough cash to go another two and a half years for which he was dismissed.

Don't know anything about Indian tax regimes, however, a UK company with a big overseas loss would derive minimal taxation advantage.

However if the alleged offer and the subsequent fans backlash to Venky's apparent dismissal of it needle Venky's into doing a better job of running the Club then some good will have come of it.

Sorry Rev - no it wont imo - the damage is already done

Whilst the loons/goons/muppets/idiots ..(continue at will) - are here, there is no good whatsoever

Take out the cash ..load the club with debt and pay just the interest as you continue to take out the cash from transfers and keep loading the debt and paying the interest.

Philipl pointed out theres enough cash to go another two and a half years for which he was dismissed.

I'm pretty sure the Bank of India wouldn't loan 120 million against a business worth 10-20 million.

hopefully look forward to a promotion push? And pigs are gonna fly too. Promotion push? Can't say I've heard many more ridiculous things than this in current circumstances

Agreed! But it looks like a promotion push if your head is stuck firmly up yer arse...which it clearly is with a lot of numb-nuts here in the town...

What are Seneca going to go to the National Press about exactly?

That the Venky's turned down a ridiculously underfunded and unrealistic proposal for them to hand over control of the Club? No story there.

However if the alleged offer and the subsequent fans backlash to Venky's apparent dismissal of it needle Venky's into doing a better job of running the Club then some good will have come of it.

that's a good way of looking at it,

i think they made a big faux par in the timing and wording of there statement, they should have waited until just after appointing the new manager and then slipped the statement out amongst the rest of the media and articles surrounding the appointment of a new manager and amongst the positivity that's usually around when a new manager comes in.

I'm pretty sure the Bank of India wouldn't loan 120 million against a business worth 10-20 million.

Isn't the BoI loan around the £10-20m mark with the rest structured differently.

Just watch what the summer transfers generate.

Sounds as though the proposal was never taken to the owners despite Seneca's best attempts. Venky's have obviously made it clear to their people that they're not interested in selling the club.

didn't it say they had spoken about to this Pasha bloke? my guess is they knew all about in india -its been live for ages over here> we are owned and run by conmen

one name...mg

they knew and anyone saying different needs to remove the giblets that have been rammed up there willing arses.

didn't it say they had spoken about to this Pasha bloke? my guess is they knew all about in india -its been live for ages over here> we are owned and run by conmen

• Moderation Lead

Seen a lot of name calling and silly comments in this thread over the last few pages. It ends here, or there are warnings/bans if needs be.

one name...mg

they knew and anyone saying different needs to remove the giblets that have been rammed up there willing arses.

Isnt MG now Sergithemeerkat on here

Isn't the BoI loan around the £10-20m mark with the rest structured differently.

Just watch what the summer transfers generate.

With a recent 30mill cash injection one would assume the BOI have called this already in which saw Rhodes leave very similar to the Barclays and Samba thing?

Isnt MG now Sergithemeerkat on here

meerkat ... a cat quite ironic given the article on the cat, venkys and the vets the other week!!!

Archived