BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a pathetic situation and it says everything about the Venky dictatorship.

Not one person at Ewood can give the go ahead to sign a player who's been here for months on a free transfer. This as well, after £20m brought in from sales.

What a pathetic situation and it says everything about the Venky dictatorship.

Not one person at Ewood can give the go ahead to sign a player who's been here for months on a free transfer. This as well, after £20m brought in from sales.

Sending a request to the owners and getting a response is likely to have more steps than the laundry, sorry I mean the clean £23m

Maybe the answer has to go via Bradford and the Cayman Islands.

Might not be far wrong there, probably has to be a group call in to central office in Brunei or somewhere before they all agree.

Sales are different it's an automatic yes over a certain amount. They all already know their percentages :huh:

Not one person at Ewood can give the go ahead to sign a player who's been here for months on a free transfer.

I think they'll have been a lot of confusion with the Elton John signing. It's taken 4 months to explain to the idiots that he isn't a centre half.

Ewood - "No!! How many times! *smashes head against wall* Wes Brown is a footballer, sometimes, and Elton John is a singer. For crying out loud!!"

Venkys - "I'm really confused.... Hang on, just a minute, are you disrespecting me?"

Farcical. Your telling me that in the whole of football they can't find another player with a bit of champ experience and enough age and fitness to offer us games.

We just absolutely know how this will end he'll limp off first or second game then disappear till Christmas.

The Mulgrew deal looks more dodgy and inexplicable by the day.

Out of contract all summer. 30 years old. Major fitness issues over the last few seasons. No pre-season. Then suddenly on the final day of the transfer window handed a 3 year contract before being thrown straight into the starting line up for the game at QPR, then lasting all of 20 minutes before getting injured.

Why?

If he was a target then why not invite him to training for a few weeks to ascertain his fitness/ability first? Why not let him play in some friendlies to earn a 1 year deal? Why leave it until the last day of the window? After he joined why not let him train with the team for a few weeks and then put him in the team?

Very strange goings on.

The Mulgrew deal looks more dodgy and inexplicable by the day.

Out of contract all summer. 30 years old. Major fitness issues over the last few seasons. No pre-season. Then suddenly on the final day of the transfer window handed a 3 year contract before being thrown straight into the starting line up for the game at QPR, then lasting all of 20 minutes before getting injured.

Why?

If he was a target then why not invite him to training for a few weeks to ascertain his fitness/ability first? Why not let him play in some friendlies to earn a 1 year deal? Why leave it until the last day of the window? After he joined why not let him train with the team for a few weeks and then put him in the team?

Very strange goings on.

We are a vehicle providing contracts for these types and always have been imo. Happened with the parachute money and now that's all gone but there is a few quid about from sales it's happening again. Mulgrew, Greer, Graham, maybe Brown and even Stokes, would they get the deals and wages they are getting here anywhere else ? No chance that's why they are here.

Why can't we offer contracts to anyone under 28 anymore ? We just act as a shop window for other clubs young lads.

It will be interesting to see how many starts Mulgrew and Stokes manage between them this season for their combined 5 years of contracts given to them this summer. Both have already fallen upon injuries that are preventing them being available for selection within the first 6 games of the season and have now both missed the last 4 games and counting. For a club supposedly so tight on money and unwilling to hand out silly contracts I've got to say the decision to hand Mulgrew 3 years after his recent past is right up there among the most ridiculous/suspect things I've seen. He might be a decent signing, but a 1 year deal once he had trained with the team would have been far more appropriate.

I also expect Danny Graham will now spend the majority of the rest of this season either not fit or sat on the bench.

It will be interesting to see how many starts Mulgrew and Stokes manage between them this season for their combined 5 years of contracts given to them this summer. Both have already fallen upon injuries that are preventing them being available for selection within the first 6 games of the season and have now both missed the last 4 games and counting. For a club supposedly so tight on money and unwilling to hand out silly contracts I've got to say the decision to hand Mulgrew 3 years after his recent past is right up there among the most ridiculous/suspect things I've seen. He might be a decent signing, but a 1 year deal once he had trained with the team would have been far more appropriate.

I also expect Danny Graham will now spend the majority of the rest of this season either not fit or sat on the bench.

It would be of no surprise to see us relegated then having to sell one or two others to pay these guys off as happened before.

Pay offs not play offs.

Whether it's on purpose again by those really running it or it's just the continuing idiocy and neglect of the Indians allowing this type of thing an avenue to carry on who knows. It will never ever end though and there'll be not correct and legitimate plan put in place to rebuild until there is a change of ownership and a broom through all levels.

It will be interesting to see how many starts Mulgrew and Stokes manage between them this season for their combined 5 years of contracts given to them this summer.

Rumour is they've given Elton a two year contract, despite him making it clear he's only going to play once!

I was thinking about what Charlie Cheston said about one of Coyles strengths (he listed several which were all fantasy) namely being able to bring young players through. I checked his six permanent signings and they have an average age of just over 29. If you take Williams out of the six it jumps up to nearly 31. Adding Brown to that five takes the average age to well over 31. And with the exception of Greer they have two or three year deals. The financial commitment I believe will be in excess of £10m. I can honestly see some of them given deals to terminate their contracts before the actually end.

I think Cheston or Coyle need to be challenged about this at the supporters meeting with the club.

Archived