BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Maybe the player sales have to go to funding the sacking of each manager? :blink: When there is enough cash in the kitty another one gets the bullet!

Never thought of it that way - how much compensation have we paid in manager sackings and how much of that compensation goes towards their agents I wonder?

Oh that'll factor in as well for sure and another reason why the club has been so trigger happy imo. Why would a skint club keep hiring and firing managers, directors and coaches ?

All about avenues to bleed % out with it just showing as ongoing costs on the books etc probably. The revolving door here on all levels since the takeover can't have been replicated the same way elsewhere surely.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I would say the talks continue to be positive and that's where we are at"

Coyle's response to a question on Ben Marshall's contract extension.

My prediction - this will rumble on until January before he is swiftly sold for £500,000 to a rival. They're continuing to play us for fools when the club has no serious intention of keeping hold of him or giving him a longer contract. Every couple of weeks we'll have 'updates' like this one and claims that discussions are ongoing or the owners are considering it, all of a sudden we reach January and he's still not signed and the bids start arriving.

I did a site visit when it was being built. Rio Ferdinand is next door and Wayne Rooney's house was being built across the road. Nice houses built some of the quality of the build was poor.

Style(or lack of it) over substance.

Or as they say in Lancashire- Fur coat and no knickers.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Chaddy, Chaddy, Chaddy. What is our ultimate destination?

here is a youtube video of Bogle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=MjcD5eJtnW0

I see no reason why we shouldn't be looking into the lower leagues for talent. There is gem's out there.

Coyle wants to sign Emnes permanently

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14790268.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_wants_Marvin_Emnes_on_permanent_deal___as_he_plots_way_for_Venky_s_to_release_more_funds/

I see no reason why we shouldn't be looking into the lower leagues for talent. There is gem's out there.

Indeed. In fact Venkys insist on it, how else can they get their money back? If he signs and is a roaring success, he will go as soon as an acceptable offer comes in.

He will never really be "our player".

Just passing through....

But then again we have always been a selling club eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=MjcD5eJtnW0

Coyle wants to sign Emnes permanently

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14790268.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_wants_Marvin_Emnes_on_permanent_deal___as_he_plots_way_for_Venky_s_to_release_more_funds/

They're starting with the ' more funds' bull early.

Probably offer a cheeky price and get told where to stick it.

Indeed. In fact Venkys insist on it, how else can they get their money back? If he signs and is a roaring success, he will go as soon as an acceptable offer comes in.

He will never really be "our player".

Just passing through....

But then again we have always been a selling club eh?

25 years a selling club apparently.

They're starting with the ' more funds' bull early.

Probably offer a cheeky price and get told where to stick it.

Sounds like Coyle has fallen for the same patter as Lambert did. Be interesting to see how he reacts to the next negative transfer budget in Jan.

Archived