Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is a youtube video of Bogle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=MjcD5eJtnW0

I see no reason why we shouldn't be looking into the lower leagues for talent. There is gem's out there.

Coyle wants to sign Emnes permanently

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14790268.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_wants_Marvin_Emnes_on_permanent_deal___as_he_plots_way_for_Venky_s_to_release_more_funds/

Chaddy, I do respect your views but even you have got to admit that Venkys are a total and utter waste of space. They are a cancer in our club and as such need to be cut out and thrown away in order that we should survive. I have no doubt there are gems in the lower leagues but it would appear that is what we are looking at in order to discover someone and sell them on for a profit for the benefit of those in Pune.

With regard to Emnes, there is a country mile between the manager pleading for funds and making a purchase.

Chaddy, I do respect your views but even you have got to admit that Venkys are a total and utter waste of space. They are a cancer in our club and as such need to be cut out and thrown away in order that we should survive. I have no doubt there are gems in the lower leagues but it would appear that is what we are looking at in order to discover someone and sell them on for a profit for the benefit of those in Pune.

With regard to Emnes, there is a country mile between the manager pleading for funds and making a purchase.

I agree with your first 2 sentence and I have said it on here in the past.

not like chaddy to post venkyganda :rock:

Please show me where I posted anything about Venkys in my posts today?

I agree with your first 2 sentence and I have said it on here in the past.

But not to the point were you will miss even a few minutes of a match to show your disapproval!

The nieve way you post things that we can all see for ourselves in that rag and from afar you seem to believe it or want to believe. This imo makes you look gullible.

Thats what you chosen to called the LT. Because you dont like their coverage. Thats your problem.

So the answer to my question Previously would have been NO

In fairness to Abbey the LT have not exactly covered theirselves in glory. Wheelock and Cryer knew exactly what was going on at Rovers but chose to turn a blind eye. If either had been proper journalists, they could have broke the cover and followed up on Glen's hard work and made a reputation for them personally within the industry. Cannot understand their lack of ambition?

In fairness to Abbey the LT have not exactly covered theirselves in glory. Wheelock and Cryer knew exactly what was going on at Rovers but chose to turn a blind eye. If either had been proper journalists, they could have broke the cover and followed up on Glen's hard work and made a reputation for them personally within the industry. Cannot understand their lack of ambition?

I know Paul Wheelock wanted to do a story but the final decision is with his bosses not him.

Also worth noting that Nick Harris has the same info but cant do a story due to a injuction.

Thats what you chosen to called the LT. Because you dont like their coverage. Thats your problem.

So the answer to my question Previously would have been NO

Ok .. you chose to post a link that had Venky brain washing and you choose to ignore this .

I know Paul Wheelock wanted to do a story but the final decision is with his bosses not him.

Also worth noting that Nick Harris has the same info but cant do a story due to a injuction.

Sorry Chaddy but I don't buy that. They are excuses. There are ways round injunctions. Like does the injunction apply in Scotland which has an entirely separate legal system? If it doesn't then get a mate from the Daily Record or any of the Scottish papers to publish and then just report what they have said. If some boss at the LT has prevented publication then that opens questions as to why and probably demands further investigation. I think that both Wheelock and Cryer just couldn't be arsed and that is lazy journalism at best or?

Sorry Chaddy but I don't buy that. They are excuses. There are ways round injunctions. Like does the injunction apply in Scotland which has an entirely separate legal system? If it doesn't then get a mate from the Daily Record or any of the Scottish papers to publish and then just report what they have said. If some boss at the LT has prevented publication then that opens questions as to why and probably demands further investigation. I think that both Wheelock and Cryer just couldn't be arsed and that is lazy journalism at best or?

well I know Paul Wheelock did want to do a story I do speak to him quite regular tbh and I would say he very good honest man

On Nick Harris, I would suggest he has tried that as he has said that he has the info and the same info as Glen, But cant do a story on it. if you have a problem with that I would suggest you speak to him. don't forget all the articles he ran during Kean's reign.

You're wrong, certainly in Wheelock case anyway. Any controversial reporting has to be approved from above.

The paper itself may well not have the balls but it's not the reporters fault.

well I know Paul Wheelock did want to do a story I do speak to him quite regular tbh and I would say he very good honest man

On Nick Harris, I would suggest he has tried that as he has said that he has the info and the same info as Glen, But cant do a story on it. if you have a problem with that I would suggest you speak to him. don't forget all the articles he ran during Kean's reign.

Chaddy, as I said earlier I respect your views as I do with all Rovers supporters, at the end of the day we are all different but with a common purpose at the end. However on this issue, I think that we will have to agree to differ as my view is the LT should have done more, to the point of letting us down. Even at the minute they are paying lip service to the current situation, amount of loan signings, offloading players with any value and they must know about the proposed demonstrations but virtually nothing forthcoming from them.

You're wrong, certainly in Wheelock case anyway. Any controversial reporting has to be approved from above.

The paper itself may well not have the balls but it's not the reporters fault.

very correct there.

Chaddy, as I said earlier I respect your views as I do with all Rovers supporters, at the end of the day we are all different but with a common purpose at the end. However on this issue, I think that we will have to agree to differ as my view is the LT should have done more, to the point of letting us down. Even at the minute they are paying lip service to the current situation, amount of loan signings, offloading players with any value and they must know about the proposed demonstrations but virtually nothing forthcoming from them.

The LT should be doing more but you cant blame the reporters if the paper wont print what their reporters wants to write about.

Doesn't the fact that the paper won't print these things show that the paper is mostly garbage these days (not wheelcock's fault, more the state of the industry)... Therefore does that not mean that what is printed within is mostly worthless?

Doesn't the fact that the paper won't print these things show that the paper is mostly garbage these days (not wheelcock's fault, more the state of the industry)... Therefore does that not mean that what is printed within is mostly worthless?

Once more, with feeling.

Isn't that a general thing caused by reality tv shows. People talk about the contestants on strictly come dancing and big brother etc by their first names as though they know them, whereas in fact they know the very little bit that's carefully stage managed on tv. We are all given a false sense of familiarity by social media. I always try to be careful and say There's a guy on the messageboard who says ........ not i know someone who says ..... to remind myself that i really don't know any of you in person and could easily walk past you in the street without recognising you.

Chaddy, you go on about talking to people regularly which infers you speak at length with them in person when in fact you get a reply to the odd tweet which is very very different.

But it isnt just the odd tweet tho.

I speak to him through DM on twitter regularly but you wouldnt know that.

Archived