BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Backroom

It bugs me no end that we're so often paying loan wages and loan fees, yet refuse to play young players for fear of triggering bonuses!

Doyle should get a shot ahead of Hendrie.

Wharton should be on every bench at the very least.

The likes of Hardcastle, Mahoney, Rankin-Costello, Nyambe should all be at least given a shot when the standard of our squad is that low. Hell, it may just set them up nicely for League One next season.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It bugs me no end that we're so often paying loan wages and loan fees, yet refuse to play young players for fear of triggering bonuses!

Doyle should get a shot ahead of Hendrie.

Wharton should be on every bench at the very least.

The likes of Hardcastle, Mahoney, Rankin-Costello, Nyambe should all be at least given a shot when the standard of our squad is that low. Hell, it may just set them up nicely for League One next season.

Scot Wharton is apparently being kept out of a first team place as one more appearance will activate a £2k a week contract.

So how are we going to create valuable players from within if this is how the club works. Accountants and football don't best mixed even in a "normal" club and definitely not one like ours with cost cutting the buzz word under Cheston, yet claiming bring young players through the academy will help balance the books.

In the scheme of thing and all the sh1t going on at the club, not important, but shows what a mixed up club we are.

The club needs to release a statement to clarify the Samuelson situation. If it is the case that he's returned to West Ham then its absolutely no surprise, but the club should have the decency to confirm this.

If its the case that some sort of first of its kind hybrid loan is in place to enable him both to play for Rovers and West Ham reserves at the same time then it is a stark reminder of how far this club has fallen and a slap in the face to most of our own academy players who feature for Rovers U23s every week in the same division as West Ham who haven't been given a look in for the first team this season.

Perhaps most interestingly our U23s are playing West Ham in their next league game so perhaps could face the unprecedented situation of lining up against West Ham's reserves featuring a Rovers first team player in the side!

The club needs to release a statement to clarify the Samuelson situation. If it is the case that he's returned to West Ham then its absolutely no surprise, but the club should have the decency to confirm this.

If its the case that some sort of first of its kind hybrid loan is in place to enable him both to play for Rovers and West Ham reserves at the same time then it is a stark reminder of how far this club has fallen and a slap in the face to most of our own academy players who feature for Rovers U23s every week in the same division as West Ham who haven't been given a look in for the first team this season.

Perhaps most interestingly our U23s are playing West Ham in their next league game so perhaps could face the unprecedented situation of lining up against West Ham's reserves featuring a Rovers first team player in the side!

Surely, he can't still be with us if he turned out for WHU tonight. If he got injured tonight it would make a farce of any loan deal. I think you'd agree that we could have done with him at Walsall tonight!

Scot Wharton is apparently being kept out of a first team place as one more appearance will activate a £2k a week contract.

So how are we going to create valuable players from within if this is how the club works. Accountants and football don't best mixed even in a "normal" club and definitely not one like ours with cost cutting the buzz word under Cheston, yet claiming bring young players through the academy will help balance the books.

In the scheme of thing and all the sh1t going on at the club, not important, but shows what a mixed up club we are.

Perhaps this situation with Wharton, could lead to a question at the next meeting. That way it can be recorded on a pen drive and left for future generations to mull over.

Maybe he could play for West Ham first half and us second half or 5mins one way then 5mins the other way. Venkys would probably think that is normal.

Always rated him from the first time I saw him play. It takes a special manager and owners to force him out at a bargain price.

Feast on that Venkys! If you remember who he is of course.

Me too. Was it Man City or Arsenal he made his debut against ? I remember Adebayor scoring in the game. When I saw the team it was Steve Who but I was impressed by his composure and mobility.

I see Stokes has pleaded guilty in his case today. Now on original bail conditions until sentencing in December. Menes could go back shortly, there are rumours that Gallagher will be recalled following his form, if Stokes ends up at her majesty's pleasure that could leave Graham as our only striker with any experience.

Cheers for that Coyley

I see Stokes has pleaded guilty in his case today. Now on original bail conditions until sentencing in December. Menes could go back shortly, there are rumours that Gallagher will be recalled following his form, if Stokes ends up at her majesty's pleasure that could leave Graham as our only striker with any experience.

Cheers for that Coyley

Looks like he may have done a deal ,slapped wrists and a fine for a guilty plea.

Cheers for that Coyley

Pleaded guilty probably after agreeing to pay a fine and do some local community work aswell.

Emnes could be coming here permanently if Swansea don't want him. don't see him fitting in with Bob Bradley's plans

Do Southampton have a option to recalled in the loan deal? will he even play? Austin has been 1st choice

Cheers for that Coyley

If he gets a custodial sentence then it really will take the biscuit if a club supposedly hard up for cash continues to pay his wage whilst he sits behind bars. Of course this was in the pipeline when we signed him yet we appear to have ignored the risk of a guilty verdict and still handed him a 2 year deal.

Jailhouse? Rock on! No chance, he's not the devil in disguise. he'll get a fine, community service and told he's been a Hound dog. An be all shook up about it.

You lot have suspicious minds.

Archived