BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see what happened in this meeting. Got some good people in there lets give them a chance to see what the outcome is

You have much to learn Grasshopper,

obviously the last 6 years have not prepared you for the outcome

Lets see what happened in this meeting. Got some good people in there lets give them a chance to see what the outcome is

What is the best realistic 'outcome' from this meeting?

(Initially aimed at Chaddy but thrown open to everyone who thinks its a good idea).

(Realistic does not include the owners saying they are selling, the club telling the truth on the past or the meeting forcing the FA to act on our situation.)

Andy, Chaddy - that's great, glad you both had opinions. Let's have a poll and you guys can vote on the above.

Give it a few days, find out what the majority vote - and go with that decision. I personally think we shouldn't be attending and going ahead with their usual questions, however as a member of BRFCS assuming that's what the majority of the other members want I'm happy to roll with it.

J*B, I realise there have been meetings in the past which were proven in hindsight to be pointless.

I think we need to forget those and give this first meeting a chance.

It isn't a one off. There will be 2 every year. If they prove themselves to be a shower on the first outing it will be on record.

The next meeting can have statement, boycott whatever.

This is an opportunity to either show them up for what they are or to actually get some answers... Depending who attends.

That's what I think anyway.

Not disagreeing with you. Just explaining my view.

I am agreeing with Chaddy.

We don't know what will happen...

His quote says it perfectly

Be interesting to see what agreements are made re confidentiality. These are the instructions:-

'To be agreed in advance between all parties.

There is a balance to strike between confidentiality of what may be discussed at the SR and the need to communicate that discussion and the information to a wider audience.

We believe that the sensitivities can largely be dealt with by way of a clear protocol of what can and can’t be reported and there should be an element of discretion to be agreed upfront between both parties.

It would normally be the case that confidentiality is time limited in order that a club can use an SR meeting as a sounding board for supporters’ views in advance of a club announcement, but that such information would subsequently be made public.

As a general rule, recognised supporters groups should be given the ability to discuss a confidential matter as talked about in a SR meeting with their fellow board members6, but no further without prior agreement'

http://www.supporters-direct.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Structured-Relationship-discussion-paper-for-EWG.pdf

I wonder what level of disclosure the club will agree to for those hard-hitting questions?

Interesting 'core topics' too.

So this thread is for people to volunteer to go and then you decide who actually goes? Seems like you're trying not to upset a certain group of people.

Nothing like that at all. We had a set of attendees who volunteered and then we suggested a list and nobody expressed an issue. If it was massively over subscribed I would have sorted something

Nothing like that at all. We had a set of attendees who volunteered and then we suggested a list and nobody expressed an issue. If it was massively over subscribed I would have sorted something

Sorry, I must have missed the suggested list, who is going from BRFCS?

• Backroom

That list of people is spot on.

For those asking about a poll, I feel it should be up to those going to act as they feel. I for one feel confident in supporting whatever approach they take, as they have a healthy mix of views, are sensible enough folk, and we have the 2 single Rovers fans who have done more than ANYONE recently to get us to this point in getting #VenkysOut.

Do what you feel and I'll support you. I'm not like WAR.

Participants at the meetings:-

Supporters who are all democratically elected as follows: (or a combination of both)

o Directly elected individuals for the purpose of the SR1

o through the recognised supporters2 group they are representing

http://www.supporters-direct.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Structured-Relationship-discussion-paper-for-EWG.pdf

How were you elected again?

'democratically elected supporter representatives'

Well we all fail on that one! :brfc:

I must admit to being extremely disappointed that people still seem to think that dialogue is the way forward, the arguments have been done to death and I do see both sides of the debate, I just strongly disagree with meeting them.

I was a very vocal all those years back when the FF got invited to Pune, they should have made a stand at that point and refused to go, to send a message to the owners, but sadly that was never going to happen, that was clear from the outset :rock:

So here we are 5yrs on and we're still doing the same thing, jumping to the clubs tune, falling into line, its pathetic, frustrating and leaves me feeling flat about the whole protest movement.

Since the meeting a few weeks back we've had infighting, exclusion and confirmation of things we already know, its like the campaign is being run by Venkys its that poor and this latest meeting puts the icing on the cake for me.

As Ste says above, you do what you want, I think thats my stance going forward, I want to be part of the protest group, but its so 'prawn sandwich' its nauseating, we need a few willing to actually do something and until we get that we're snookered.

I was going to come up tomorrow, but I'll now watch from a far now until people are actually prepared to turn those words into actions.

#venkysout

I would be a willing volunteer.

In reading all the posts on this thread, whoever attends the meeting is already making preparations for the answers and therefore nothing is going to be achieved with the meeting especially if its a bombastic approach demanding this and that. Surely, there has to be an alternative approach in trying to mete out the right information we so desperately desire and a strategy employed to extract it.

Fair play

me

Glen Mullan

Andy Neil

Madon

Grateful to these four for devoting their time.

I strongly suggest that they meet beforehand and agree what questions should be asked and how they handle follow ups and blocking tactics from the Chair.

Questions should be short and pointed to minimise the chance of the club avoiding them without looking evasive.

I see this not so much as dialogue- the people you will be talking to will have nothing to say and zero empowerment to say it- as an opportunity to make positions unambiguously clear.

Archived