BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Just go, ask as searching a question/s as you can - and make sure their incompetence is publicised as far and wide as possible. You can do no more than that.

The idea of going, issuing a vote of no confidence then walking out gets us where exactly? Might as well not bother having the biggest fans m/b involved in the first place.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just go, ask as searching a question/s as you can - and make sure their incompetence is publicised as far and wide as possible. You can do no more than that.

The idea of going, issuing a vote of no confidence then walking out gets us where exactly? Might as well not bother having the biggest fans m/b involved in the first place.

This is exactly what we intend on doing. Our questions have been submitted, if they get screened we will be asking them again anyway.

• Backroom

Abs, I will be protesting ofc!

My point was more that their answers to targeted questions (as stated above by Madon) may pinpoint which weaknesses to target in future protests.

At the moment it's a plan to (quite rightly) attack from as many angles as possible. See which pressure points hurt them most and apply more pressure.

This is exactly what we intend on doing. Our questions have been submitted, if they get screened we will be asking them again anyway.

If the questions are submitted in advance does that mean the club can choose which ones to answer and which to ignore ? or are they obliged to answer each and every question.

Remember

Each of the Leagues will provide a template to clubs outlining the minimum level of information which should be shared at these meetings.

I'm sure you have prepared thoroughly but I think this is the first opportunity we have had where they MUST answer certain questions and MUST provide information regarding the running of the club. Previously they could always claim ignorance.

Will you get the chance to 'cross examine' any of the details they provide? It may be a good idea to try and predict any non-committal answers that they provide and have a response ready which will force them to be specific

Anyway, good luck. I am sure you have thought of all this already. Is there any way we can get to see the questions in advance ?

BLACKBURN ROVERS MEETING DRINKING GAME:

Key Facts & Rules:

Each key phrase expected by the club will have a forfeit - please see below and feel free to add additional rules. Please go into this with numerous drinks ready and book the next day off work.

Note: 1 'gulp' is internationally known as 2 fingers width on your glass.

1) "That was before my time here - its not something I can answer"

2 'gulps'.

2) "Thats something you would have to ask the owners directly"

Drink for 5 seconds

3) "Not that we are aware"

1 gulp, followed by exclaiming the words; Ole!, followed by another 2 gulps.

4) "We will put it to the owners and their representatives for answer"

3 gulps of your current drink, followed by 3 gulps of your next drink.

5) "We've never heard of Kentaro"

Down your current drink.

6) "Outstanding candidate"

Loudly proclaim "LIARS!" followed by 1 gulp.

7) "FFP compliant"

2 gulps of your current drink, followed by 2 gulps of your neighbours drink. Your neighbours drink becomes yours until further notice.

8) "Due to the owners other business interests, they couldn't be here today"

Down your drink.

• Backroom

All questions are screened, yes.

If the questions we want answering are screened, we will ask them again anyway. If they refuse to answer them then it will tell us all we need to know and I am of the impression that the agreement is to walk out.

As for seeing the questions, I believe Ste B has the finalised list.

From page 1

Minutes will be taken at the meetings and will be forwarded to groups for distribution within 3 working days.

Might be worth one of the non Venky employees/ collaborators attending to actually record minutes as well, wouldn't want the official minutes to leave something out by mistake, particularly if they are forwarded to the doFA or FL.

All questions are screened, yes.

If the questions we want answering are screened, we will ask them again anyway. If they refuse to answer them then it will tell us all we need to know and I am of the impression that the agreement is to walk out.

As for seeing the questions, I believe Ste B has the finalised list.

This is the question I raised in the first place. Can you tell us:

Who or which group has decided this?

Is it a walkout or is it closing the meeting on the basis no further questions can be answered.

I may sound pedantic with that but I see no benefit in a walkout - never slam the door behind you - as it gives the club/owners the high ground.

• Backroom

This is the question I raised in the first place. Can you tell us:

Who or which group has decided this?

Is it a walkout or is it closing the meeting on the basis no further questions can be answered.

I may sound pedantic with that but I see no benefit in a walkout - never slam the door behind you - as it gives the club/owners the high ground.

It is only a walkout if we feel as a collective that the people present in the room are unable to answer our questions.

I'm pretty sure all of us from BRFCS agree on this, and BRFCAG also have this stance. I've not spoke to anybody from the other groups as of yet.

Den, one could just as easily say 'The idea of going, just to get lied to, gets us where exactly'. Both arguments each have their own credence. If only there was a way of collating all our opinions and determining a majority voice....

I don't think any of our choices will get us anywhere to be completely honest. Would just be nice to be at least asked to involve our members as a collective whole. People want to be involved and have their voices heard.

I struggle to believe that 72 hours before the meeting, they don't yet know if Pasha or other owners representative will attend.

Cheston forgot to ask Lynsey to put paper in the fax machine?

Den, one could just as easily say 'The idea of going, just to get lied to, gets us where exactly'. Both arguments each have their own credence. If only there was a way of collating all our opinions and determining a majority voice....

I don't think any of our choices will get us anywhere to be completely honest. Would just be nice to be at least asked to involve our members as a collective whole. People want to be involved and have their voices heard.

This initiative from the EFL is meant to allow the fans to directly ask questions to the club's owners. Its meant to allow fans to question anything pertaining to the running of the club. It's exactly what any fan should want or expect - it's also what rovers fans especially, should be in favour of. There is also some kind of responsibility laid down by the EFL for the club to answer the questions in a straight forwards manner.

I would hope that the club does answer the questions openly and honestly, but the chances are they won't. In that case the meeting minutes should be referred back to the EFL for their comments. I would also hope that the reps from BRFCS, DON'T walk out at any point and at least take it back to the FA.

Personally, I understand the idea of walking in, saying "up yours" and walking out straight away, but the club would be more than happy to see that. They'll be off the hook. Don't make it that easy. At least give it a go and let's see how committed the EFL is.

I struggle to believe that 72 hours before the meeting, they don't yet know if Pasha or other owners representative will attend.

Cheston forgot to ask Lynsey to put paper in the fax machine?

Maybe pasha the slasher has cut the plug off to save on the leccy bill

• Backroom

This initiative from the EFL is meant to allow the fans to directly ask questions to the club's owners. Its meant to allow fans to question anything pertaining to the running of the club. It's exactly what any fan should want or expect - it's also what rovers fans especially, should be in favour of. There is also some kind of responsibility laid down by the EFL for the club to answer the questions in a straight forwards manner.

I would hope that the club does answer the questions openly and honestly, but the chances are they won't. In that case the meeting minutes should be referred back to the EFL for their comments. I would also hope that the reps from BRFCS, DON'T walk out at any point and at least take it back to the FA.

Personally, I understand the idea of walking in, saying "up yours" and walking out straight away, but the club would be more than happy to see that. They'll be off the hook. Don't make it that easy. At least give it a go and let's see how committed the EFL is.

My view too, albeit more eloquently stated.

Agreed.

There is always the next meeting to give um up yours if they don't approach it properly.

That's why I think someone from SD could have been invited as an independent.

Any of the attendees are able to act in what ever way they feel is appropriate / ask whatever they want in the meeting itself. If people think there is a question that needs to be asked then feel free to suggest it.

The list of questions we submitted for the agenda were discussed with all attendees. I expect that the inidividual questions would end up being summarised in the agenda itself.

Ste. Just for info, how do the club communicate (for want of a better word) with you?

Email only?

Yeah. We used to get regular invites to see John Williams / Tom Finn, especially around organising the games in Turkey. We had a reasonable relationship. Clearly some others in the PR team didn't like it. Glenn P got the brunt of all that fun.

I don't think my views would ever be reflected in a poll Andy ;)

They could. Even if the poll was a simple 'no confidence vote', and the question was: "Do you have confidence in Venkys to continue to own and run Blackburn Rovers?", then - even if you voted 'Yes' the vote could be read out as 'those who have confidence, x%, those who do not have confidence, y%.

Not sure why this isn't possible.

Saying all that, it's really only a sample statement. It's a shame all club groups - even the likes of RoversTalk - can't canvas their members with the exact same question.

Any of the attendees are able to act in what ever way they feel is appropriate / ask whatever they want in the meeting itself. If people think there is a question that needs to be asked then feel free to suggest it.

The list of questions we submitted for the agenda were discussed with all attendees. I expect that the inidividual questions would end up being summarised in the agenda itself.

You could get anyone in that room that's been involved over the past 6yrs and in my opinion it still wouldn't be worth the effort of attending.

What can anyone say that will send you home with renewed hope?

A sale is going through maybe?

Mark Hughes is coming back and being given £50m to take us up?

Id like to think the penny will drop eventually, but I won't hold my breath.

Archived