BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Don't worry about it then Gav.

You complain because none of the fans do anything about the situation, then when some of them are prepared to meet them and question them, or tell them what they think of the situation, you moan at them for doing that. There's no pleasing you.

You said to me at the end of lasts season that talking will get us nowhere, now you're supporting talks.

Its hard to keep up....

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said to me at the end of lasts season that talking will get us nowhere, now you're supporting talks.

Its hard to keep up....

I don't remember that Gav, but these meetings are under the EFL guidelines where clubs, according to those guidelines, must provide people who can provide answers. We'll see about that. It could well be that they get nowhere because either the questions aren't probing enough, or the club won't provide answers. Whichever way, it puts the club under pressure and in the spotlight. That's good isn't it?

Tell me, - BRFCS representatives walking out of the meeting, leaving others to continue in this meeting - and every other 6 monthly meeting will achieve what? Good luck to the guys prepared to have a go. It won't be easy.

I hope the counter arguments are ready for when Cheston says this is closed, that's cut back, we need more cutbacks because crowds are down % and income is down %. Oh and the 6 mill parachute hole he carped on about which has been plugged 3 times over.

I'm certain he'll be passing the buck to the fans especially if his paymasters are in tow. They must be asked quite clearly how the hell they expect people to continue to buy into what's gone on in the last 5+ years and why when it continues down the same path do they sit there and expect people not to finally say enough is enough and vote with their feet.

Come on Abbey.

This is the first one under the new guidelines. In theory different than any previous meeting.

We give it a go. In 2 days we will know. Next meeting can be different.

Understandable irritation from guys like Gav but I agree with Den.

First meeting. We will learn alot about the fans side as well like the Trust etc.

They WONT listen they never do !!!! They ignore everything...

What makes anyone think this Q&A or smoke blowing up venkys arse exercise will make a jot of difference

Why do people not get it . .. speak to them ? I wouldn't @#/? on them if they where on fire .

Venkys rent boys is alls they are .

Come on Abbey.

This is the first one under the new guidelines. In theory different than any previous meeting.

We give it a go. In 2 days we will know. Next meeting can be different.

Understandable irritation from guys like Gav but I agree with Den.

First meeting. We will learn alot about the fans side as well like the Trust etc.

Stuff em the only words I want to hear is " we are selling" until then f em

They WONT listen they never do !!!! They ignore everything...

What makes anyone think this Q&A or smoke blowing up venkys arse exercise will make a jot of difference

Why do people not get it . .. speak to them ? I wouldn't @#/? on them if they where on fire .

Venkys rent boys is alls they are .Stuff em the only words I want to hear is " we are selling" until then f em

Yours and Gavs passion is admirable Abbey. Let's see how it goes.

I don't remember that Gav, but these meetings are under the EFL guidelines where clubs, according to those guidelines, must provide people who can provide answers. We'll see about that. It could well be that they get nowhere because either the questions aren't probing enough, or the club won't provide answers. Whichever way, it puts the club under pressure and in the spotlight. That's good isn't it?

Tell me, - BRFCS representatives walking out of the meeting, leaving others to continue in this meeting - and every other 6 monthly meeting will achieve what? Good luck to the guys prepared to have a go. It won't be easy.

As i said right from the start, we're now supposed to have cross supporter group agreement on a way forward, it should have been discussed and one out all out.

Its easy to criticize I know, I try to go out of my way not to, but sadly we have far to many people involved interested in talking and eating the clubs chocolate biscuits and its not worked so far and it won't work going forward.

One crumb of comfort is Glens going in, he's no nonsense having been at the coalface for 5yrs, so we'll hopefully get no spin.

My understanding from reading the meeting guidelines are that they MUST provide answers with significant levels of information.

Questions aimed at the owners must be answered by the owners even if it is communicated via another club employee.

The people attending MUST be owners / directors / senior management executives - there is only a small pool to chose from (Cheston/Pasha/Raos).

This is the first time they have been in a position where they have to respond to our questions. Its worth a try. If they still won't communicate meaningfully then the football governing bodies should be able to force the issue.

I would ask if Steve Kean got his £1.6 million bonus when we got relegated. If so why?

My understanding from reading the meeting guidelines are that they MUST provide answers with significant levels of information.

Questions aimed at the owners must be answered by the owners even if it is communicated via another club employee.

The people attending MUST be owners / directors / senior management executives - there is only a small pool to chose from (Cheston/Pasha/Raos).

This is the first time they have been in a position where they have to respond to our questions. Its worth a try. If they still won't communicate meaningfully then the football governing bodies should be able to force the issue.

I would ask if Steve Kean got his £1.6 million bonus when we got relegated. If so why?

The problem is that the governing bodies don't want to force the issue. There's no motivation at all on their side to upset clubs and their owners by taking them to task on these issues. They've come up with these requirements because the government has been applying pressure in relation to clubs and their management. This is the league's solution.

What can they do if answers aren't forthcoming? What sanctions can the league apply if people like Cheston just turn up and shrug their shoulders?

My guess is they'll do nothing, as usual.

The problem is that the governing bodies don't want to force the issue. There's no motivation at all on their side to upset clubs and their owners by taking them to task on these issues. They've come up with these requirements because the government has been applying pressure in relation to clubs and their management. This is the league's solution.

What can they do if answers aren't forthcoming? What sanctions can the league apply if people like Cheston just turn up and shrug their shoulders?

My guess is they'll do nothing, as usual.

Make them pay for the lunch meeting (a pair of ears in Ribchester have just pricked up) when they receive a slap on the wrist

in respect of the £1.6 million pound bonus that Kean got and did he get it when we were relegated, do not be fobbed off. If the answer is I was not at the club then, just state well your bosses were, so please ask them and report back to the fans. An adequate answer to this, may bring some fans back.

Of course there can never be an adequate answer to that stich up.

in respect of the £1.6 million pound bonus that Kean got and did he get it when we were relegated, do not be fobbed off. If the answer is I was not at the club then, just state well your bosses were, so please ask them and report back to the fans. An adequate answer to this, may bring some fans back.

Cheston is the finance guy. This will be a transaction on the books if payment was made so he will know.

In general though questioning needs to be current and future to avoid the "before my time" answer. This particular question though is a cold hard fact yes no answer.

Of course they know. They're just keeping the fans dangling/guessing.

The very best we'll get is an appearance from Pasha.

Far more likely is it will be Cheston, Coyle and Lindsay Talbot and it will be treated as a run of the mill fans forum meet.

Any chance of Coar making a guest appearance?

Cheston is the finance guy. This will be a transaction on the books if payment was made so he will know.

In general though questioning needs to be current and future to avoid the "before my time" answer. This particular question though is a cold hard fact yes no answer.

I agree that the questioning needs to be current, but a shocker like that needs clearing up. All sorts of speculation about what that was for and given the events of this week, it is relevant.

The reply will be 'Contractual matters are confidential'

Yes, according to what we were told at the last Fans Forum.

He's the one constant thats been at Ewood since the Venky's came in. He without doubt knows the goings on that have happened, so ALL the questions should be aimed at him! In saying that, he is a arragent barstewerd and will brush everything to one side just like the FA he serves. I was talking to the son of a late Rovers and burnley player who said he (coar) knew from the off what the Venky's and co were up too!

Nail him!

Archived