BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all know what to do;

18/75 walk in/out.

Donate £1 or more to the advertisement in India fund ; https://www.gofundme.com/venkysadvert

Help Madon on here create his video. If you've a smart or iphone its just takes a minute to say I'm boycotting and emailing it to madon@sky.com.

Come on enough of sitting back. Let's build that momentum again. You've seen tonight nothing has changed.

• Backroom

Owen Coyle came across very well to be fair to him, the rest of the table might as well not have been there for 75% of the meeting as he was answering everything.

It started off with a presentation from Mike Cheston, after about 10 minutes Mark Fish told him in no uncertain terms to stop his presentation and answer some questions.. he carried on for another 5 minutes until Owen Coyle actually put a stop to the presentation himself!

Was it worthwhile attending? Not sure to be honest, I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know apart from the fact they admitted they have zero day to day contact with the Rao family and everything runs through Pasha.

Would I go again? I'd love to if Pasha was there, or alternatively as I suggested in the meeting they set up a video link with the owners seeing as though Cheston already had all the needed equipment there for his presentation!

Rob Coar did threaten Paul Keogh with legal action for calling him a cop out although when Mark Fish told him to bring it on and walked out he offered to have a pint with them so I presume he instantly regretted it.

It's being broadcast on Radio Lancashire tomorrow night for anyone interested.

This statement has only been produced because of this meeting. The owners didn't attend, nor did their representative, so as a result Cheston and co. needed to come up with a statement 'from the owners' to satisfy the league that they are engaging in the process. They are paying lip service to the whole thing.

They could have come out with this statement weeks/months ago. They've left it until now and have only done it now because having not turned up to the consultation meeting they need to satisfy the powers that be that they are taking this seriously, even though they aren't.

The "Owners " statement now up on Rovers website, no mention of our exec director and man at the FA comments though or Keoyle's memory jog

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-3337546.aspx

That statement was either written by Cheston or it shows just how detached the owners actually are.

Backed the manager? He brought in 13 players but was only allowed to spend £200k (loans aren't free, I know)

Recent results have us still in the bottom 3.

Joke owners (at best)

Coyle states he made bids of over a million for players but was priced out. I cant believe Real Madrid or Barca didn't get back to him.

Ha, Coyle would have probably been the making of that Bale lad.

Or Neymar for that matter.

A healthy mix of doughnuts and bullplop (verbal, not physical) would have seen them reach their peak.

That statement is embarrassing. They want to see the club back where it truly belongs and yet they are bringing in a man to further cut costs. Unless they truly believe we belong in League Two. Hoist the white flag. And Rovers is in their hearts?

Anybody falling for that guff needs treatment.

I am so glad I'm not contributing financially to this charade anymore.

according to jbzz we are, quote "fair weather" and "glory hunters"

That statement is embarrassing. They want to see the club back where it truly belongs and yet they are bringing in a man to further cut costs. Unless they truly believe we belong in League Two. Hoist the white flag. And Rovers is in their hearts?
Anybody falling for that guff needs treatment.
I am so glad I'm not contributing financially to this charade anymore.

Firstly thank you to my fellow posters and BRFCS for allowing me to be part of the delegation tonight.

Meeting started with Cheston reading statement from owners claiming they were still 100% committed to returning club to the top league .

Cheston then gave power point presentation which will be circulated by club to the whole supporter base , which was championing the non footballs side achievements and work in the community. It also showed the progress that home grown talent has made since they joined the club as children.

The power point went on too long and Mark from the BRFCAG jumped in to state we had come to ask questions and was not interested in the power point . Cheston tried to continue before Coyle stepped in and stopped presentation and got the questions going.

I asked the whole panel if any of them had any direct contact with the owners , they all stated they went through Pascha who is now employed by the club.

At that point for me , the meeting was over , as they were just as in the dark as everyone else.

I asked if the owners were still interfering with team selection and outside parties with substitutions ? coyle stated he was solely responsible for the team and substitutions , no one denied it had happened previously .

I stated we wanted footballing people making decisions at boardroom level and not decisions made regarding football matters from 1000's of miles away and by people who know nothing about football .

Other questions posed by the Action Group was regarding Coyles statement he had never heard of he SEM. His answer was everyone has heard of SEM , but he said he stated he had never met Jerome Anderson.

The action group asked Rob Coar what he had done to stop this rot in the last 6 years. He stated he was not an employee of the club, thus does not get paid. He was pushed further and words were exchanged by both parties before the BRFCAG walked out with a few others too.

Coyle stated he had bid in access of a million pounds for a few players but had been priced out of the moves, although he admitted the decision making process is too slow.

Cheston was quizzed regarding a previous statement that supporters are damaging the club via boycott , he denied claiming they were not proper fans .

Coar claimed the owner club relationship now is no different to the one he worked under when jack Walker was here .

In summary Coyle came across with credit, whilst the other members of the panel knew nothing and don't speak to the owners . Any further meetings would be pointless unless owners are there or at least their representation

Firstly thank you to my fellow posters and BRFCS for allowing me to be part of the delegation tonight.

Meeting started with Cheston reading statement from owners claiming they were still 100% committed to returning club to the top league .

Cheston then gave power point presentation which will be circulated by club to the whole supporter base , which was championing the non footballs side achievements and work in the community. It also showed the progress that home grown talent has made since they joined the club as children.

The power point went on too long and Mark from the BRFCAG jumped in to state we had come to ask questions and was not interested in the power point . Cheston tried to continue before Coyle stepped in and stopped presentation and got the questions going.

I asked the whole panel if any of them had any direct contact with the owners , they all stated they went through Pascha who is not employed by the club.

At that point for me , the meeting was over , as they were just as in the dark as everyone else.

I asked if the owners were still interfering with team selection and outside parties with substitutions ? coyle stated he was solely responsible for the team and substitutions , no one denied it had happened previously .

I stated we wanted footballing people making decisions at boardroom level and not decisions made regarding football matters from 1000's of miles away and by people who know nothing about football .

Other questions posed by the Action Group was regarding Coyles statement he had never heard of he SEM. His answer was everyone has heard of SEM , but he said he stated he had never met Jerome Anderson.

The action group asked Rob Coar what he had done to stop this rot in the last 6 years. He stated he was not an employee of the club, thus does not get paid. He was pushed further and words were exchanged by both parties before the BRFCAG walked out with a few others too.

Coyle stated he had bid in access of a million pounds for a few players but had been priced out of the moves, although he admitted the decision making process is too slow.

Cheston was quizzed regarding a previous statement that supporters are damaging the club via boycott , he denied claiming they were not proper fans .

Coar claimed the owner club relationship now is no different to the one he worked under when jack Walker was here .

In summary Coyle came across with credit, whilst the other members of the panel knew nothing and don't speak to the owners . Any further meetings would be pointless unless owners are there or at least their representation

Jeez unbelievable! So if Coar is being pushed further away, and not being paid, then what the hell is he still doing at the club.

Also how can Cheston and Coyle not have spoken directly with Venkys? Cheston should in fact resign, if he has to talk to a puppet in Pasha 1st, before any decision gets made.

Wow just wow!

Archived