BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

I urge you to ignore any perceived insults or jibes on here and take them as the frustrations they are and join the fight.

nothing perceived about it...if Neal can't accept that Mike has a different point of view from him, goading him isn't going to work and also doesn't reflect very well on him either. He seems very happy to run away with his mouth on here, however I would hope he would show a little more respect should he ever meet him.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that's the position your head seems to be on a permanent basis. Still, each to their own.

Spoke to one or two who went last night and they were more upset with Coar being slated than anything else. Like it or not Abbey, there are lots of different views - go on Roverstalk for a different viewpoint of last night's meeting. The bottom line is that the fanbase is split and we are never to going to agree on things.

I'm biting my tongue big time . Roverstalk oh ok . 5 venkpologists having a vankfest . Do you agree with rovers threatening to take fans to court like oystons ? Do you agree that we are run as well as uncle jack ran us ?

If yes please explain why .

And having a pop at fellow board members gets the rest of chastised.

See you in coart?

I have a coart of armies you know and sleevies

nothing perceived about it...if Neal can't accept that Mike has a different point of view from him, goading him isn't going to work and also doesn't reflect very well on him either. He seems very happy to run away with his mouth on here, however I would hope he would show a little more respect should he ever meet him.

I haven't had a go at Mike, in fact agree with most of what he says. I havent goaded anyone, Parson took exception to what I said and we've exchanged words, it's that simple. As far as showing respect, i'm a well mannered person but when it comes to Rovers I don't hold back, I say what I think and stand up and be counted, hence the reason i protested alone before protests began and attended every other protest following it. You seem to be almost suggesting I wouldnt say what I have to say on here in person, we obviously haven't met. If you or anyone else can't accept what I have to say then it's fine, it's not that I can't accept what Parson has to say its just I simply dont agree with it. So what? I'm not crying about it.

You're wasting time posting about people feelings getting hurt and how I'm perceived on here (seems you care more about that than i do), all the while Venkys have spat in our faces and a board room member is threatening fans... Get some perspective man.

I haven't had a go at Mike, in fact agree with most of what he says. I havent goaded anyone, Parson took exception to what I said and we've exchanged words, it's that simple. As far as showing respect, i'm a well mannered person but when it comes to Rovers I don't hold back, I say what I think and stand up and be counted, hence the reason i protested alone before protests began and attended every other protest following it. You seem to be almost suggesting I wouldnt say what I have to say on here in person, we obviously haven't met. If you or anyone else can't accept what I have to say then it's fine, it's not that I can't accept what Parson has to say its just I simply dont agree with it. So what? I'm not crying about it.

that's fair enough. I'm not a spokesman for Mike, however I do think some of the treatment he gets on here is a bit OTT on occasion. He has a right to an opinion just as much as the next person...you say that you don't hold back when it comes to Rovers, which is fair enough so hopefully you'd accept that people are also well within their right to not hold back when coming back at you. That would seem fair, wouldn't it?

that's fair enough. I'm not a spokesman for Mike, however I do think some of the treatment he gets on here is a bit OTT on occasion. He has a right to an opinion just as much as the next person...you say that you don't hold back when it comes to Rovers, which is fair enough so hopefully you'd accept that people are also well within their right to not hold back when coming back at you. That would seem fair, wouldn't it?

Of course it would, goes without saying doesn't it? I post expressing opinions and I have done on here for years, I have also been treat like @#/? by our own fans at protests so I'm quite aware how some of our fans don't hold back but yet i'm still here saying how I see it...

P.S. I'm not sure if I misunderstood who 'Mike' you refer to is, wether it's Parson or Mike who helps on here but as I said before, I agree with most of what Mike says.

Of course it would, goes without saying doesn't it? - on this site you just never know ;)

P.S. I'm not sure if I misunderstood who 'Mike' you refer to is, wether it's Parson or Mike who helps on here but as I said before, I agree with most of what Mike says. - Parsonblue - his real name is Mike and as I know him feels a bit weird calling him Parson/Parsonblue

Of course it would, goes without saying doesn't it? - on this site you just never know ;)

P.S. I'm not sure if I misunderstood who 'Mike' you refer to is, wether it's Parson or Mike who helps on here but as I said before, I agree with most of what Mike says. - Parsonblue - his real name is Mike and as I know him feels a bit weird calling him Parson/Parsonblue

Ok. For what its worth i agree with one of your earlier posts, i also think at times he gets a bit of a tough time because he's obviously a big Rovers fan but its just the nature of the beast i'm afraid... You either post your views and take on whatever comes back at you or you dont post.

Looked at the presentation today. What a complete waste of time as was the owner's statement. They are all clueless

Lets get back on topic... Suprised anyone has read them, wouldn't waste a second on the thoughts of Mike 'Brown-nose' Cheston. Cretin.

Just listened to the RL broadcast of last night's meeting (it's on the iplayer too according to the RL presenter for those who have missed it) . As others have said Coyle spoke well without really saying much. The most interesting thing was hearing the players we bid for in the summer, Armstrong and Mawson. No complaints if the club are going down the route of buying young players that can develop and be sold on for a profit, as Coyle suggested was the case.

Cheston just came across like an employee of the club who is in the dark as to the true intentions of the owners, which is what he is. He was playing semantics though when asked about his comments re the boycotters hurting the club, and he was right to be called out on it. He didn't have much of an answer when it was put to him that it wasn't the supporters harming the club. He started to sound like a man who regretted making such stupid statements from the comfort of his office during the summer. Well done to whoever asked the question.

It was also interesting to hear someone defend Coar as someone who bled 'blue 'n' white' and who was at the sharp end during the lean years before Jack turned up. Bill Fox is an unsung hero at Rovers as far as i'm concerned and did a lot to keep us out of the mire when the rest of the NW clubs headed for Div.4. To hear Coar mentioned alongside him makes you stop and think for a while...but then you remember he threatened a Rovers fan with legal action for having an opinion on him. I've never met him but it was such a crass and stupid thing to do. I'd hope his non-executive role comes to an end soon.

Some great questions from the audience but some of our fans don't do themselves any favours. If you're going to ask the manager the difference between the CB's he had this year and the ones he's got now and if he's happy don't end the question with 'yes or no'. Ludicrous, passive-aggressive nonsense.

All-in-all i'd say it was counter-productive in terms of uniting the fans, in part because Coyle came across well. He 'appeared' passionate about the job he has at Rovers, and proud to be here. The numpties who called Coar a k**bh**d could have also put people off joining the protests.

The club have done well. They played the game the EFL wanted them to play and they were seen to be saying the right things. It's just a job to them. Not sure it's actually achieved anything positive for the fans who want to see change at the club though.

The club have done well. They played the game the EFL wanted them to play and they were seen to be saying the right things. It's just a job to them. Not sure it's actually achieved anything positive for the fans who want to see change at the club though.

A few of us knew that moment it was decided that fans were going to attend the meeting.

you can't ask for all fans to come together and then label anybody who doesn't agree with you the above. I don't always agree with Mike, but would never resort to this sort of thing. Does you no favours whatsoever...

The thing is 'selfish' is pretty accurate.

Trading a football club for our children and grandchildren for the status quo of the here and now.

As for slating whoever called Coar a @#/? , pathetic, only a @#/? would threaten someone with legal action after what his puppet masters have done . IMO @#/? isn't far enough.

I don't for one minute dispute the description, just where it was said.

Archived