BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club - Brfcs Attendees ?

Ste B

Cheston knows now that many BRFCS members have no confidence in him. Saying that to his face then walking away from any other meetings is going to achieve what - apart from being able to say "well that told him". As Bob said, he'll use that to his advantage.

Ask him fair but hard hitting questions. Get that into the LT and any other media we can. The fans are right in their views about the way the club's been run for the last 6 years. Keep drumming that home at every opportunity.

They've been doing this for 6yrs den.

Shaw, Agnew and Singh etc have seen everyone off because they don't have answers, can't provide answers and they don't give a toss.

I give up, far to much p1ss and wind and no actual plan of action, talking has us where we are today, advocating more talks is just bonkers, damaging and a real threat to the future of the club.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its sounds to me like you're advocating turning up, and keep turning up until we get the right people in the room?

Filming it, turning up dressed as chickens, SteB going in the buff, it makes no difference whatsoever, well maybe Ste in the buff would :(

We just keep going round and round in circles, its time to take a different approach as 6yrs of meetings and eating the club chocolate biscuits has got us nowhere.

Agree

Bob can see where you are coming from but what questions are there to be asked that are going to actually make any difference?

We all know what we want and it only needs one and at most 2 questions.

To make it newsworthy it has to be controversial imo - otherwise it just becomes what it actually is to satisfy the EFL doctrine and box ticking

The post and link from Blueboy333 earlier should be enough to convince even the most 'undecided' or anti boycott.

If the 'committee' is a meeting with Cheston and some other nobodies at the club, who clearly hold no power and influence its almost a pointless exercise.

Cheston knows how we're all feeling and either isn't relaying that to the owners (who'd have to live under a rock to avoid the criticisms) or is simply being ignored (more likely).

Its sounds to me like you're advocating turning up, and keep turning up until we get the right people in the room?

Filming it, turning up dressed as chickens, SteB going in the buff, it makes no difference whatsoever, well maybe Ste in the buff would :(

We just keep going round and round in circles, its time to take a different approach as 6yrs of meetings and eating the club chocolate biscuits has got us nowhere.

No, I'm not advocating that. They won't get the "right" people in the room. They're faceless individuals - they aren't Venky's. I expect you'll be told that that is never going to happen anyway. This meeting is once every six months so there's no time to wait for that.

Go, film it, get the right people there - then issue the statement when it inevitably turns into a farce when the answers to all the questions that everyone wants answering aren't forthcoming.

I'll refrain from the "SteB turning up in the buff would soon see them selling up gag". They'd be no need for that.

Imo a flat out boycott of the meeting plays directly into the hands of the owners. They get to say the meeting went ahead and went well.. and all is right in the world.

Its now about setting the right agenda, asking the right questions snd getting the answers off the right people.

I'd go along with that Ste, got to be tough questions though (that we might well know the answers to via Glen's revelations) and the most important part in my view, get the results out to the public eg councillors, MPs, local (and if possible, national) press. OK it's maybe not groundbreaking but is that a good aim for this gathering? Gets the cause more widely known though.

I'd go along with that Ste, got to be tough questions though (that we might well know the answers to via Glen's revelations) and the most important part in my view, get the results out to the public eg councillors, MPs, local (and if possible, national) press. OK it's maybe not groundbreaking but is that a good aim for this gathering? Gets the cause more widely known though.

Here we go again though - what are the tough questions.

Why does there need to be questions ?

If its already known it ain't newsworthy.

It has to be a mission of intent - otherwise we are definitely back at Groundhog day

Questions for cheston and coyle.

1. When was the last time either spoke to the Rao's either in person or by phone?

2. Who is currently highlighting Rovers transfer targets

3. Who is negotiating contracts for new or current players ?

4. Why was Coyle appointed without the prior knowledge of Cheston. Who recommended him to the owners if no one seems to be able to make contact with them?

5. What happened to job advert which was put out for an advisor for the owners ? Was Pasha just given the role?

6. What qualifies Cheston or Pasha to be making footballing decisions regarding recruitment?

7.Has Cheston got any power to make a single decision regarding the day to day running of the club, including sacking the manager?

8. What would be the difference if Cheston was not there?

9. At what point does Coyle walk away?

Won't get any honest answers to any of these , which is why we need owners or representatives in the room.

I can give you the answer to Q5 now Glen, because we asked it on Monday at the Fans Forum meeting and at the meetings before. The club has selected a candidate and is completing the "legaliities" and hopes to be able to make an announcement in the first week of October.

Cheston knows now that many BRFCS members have no confidence in him. Saying that to his face then walking away from any other meetings is going to achieve what - apart from being able to say "well that told him". As Bob said, he'll use that to his advantage.

Ask him fair but hard hitting questions. Get that into the LT and any other media we can. The fans are right in their views about the way the club's been run for the last 6 years. Keep drumming that home at every opportunity.

Tell everyone what the questions were and show how hopelessly inadequate the answers were.

Should be a very short meeting! Better than making a statement and walking out.

The club's take on that will be" we came in good faith, they just wanted publicity."

I have had zero response from the club when I repeatedly ask who will be attending from the club.

A member of the fans forum has informed me however that at the forum meeting on Monday Mike Cheston confirmed that they are hopeful of an owners representative attending.

Can someone from the fans forum on here confirm or elaborate on this

I've just skim read the 'Government Expert Working Group on Football Supporter Ownership and Engagement'. This is the document which recommended that supporters meetings should take place and this is the reason all clubs have to participate.

The report states:

Senior representatives from the clubs - either club owners, directors and/or senior executive management - should represent the club at these meetings.

Each of the Leagues will provide a template to clubs outlining the minimum level of information which should be shared at these meetings.

So they can't get away with sending just Cheston and Coyle - there must be more than one 'Senior' representative.

Also, they can't just say 'I don't know what the owners intentions are' as they must provide a 'minimum level of information'.

Does anyone know where we can find the details on what they MUST provide?

Once a strategy for the meeting has been decided - if we are providing questions for the club, maybe we could use these 'minimum levels of information' to our advantage.

I've just skim read the 'Government Expert Working Group on Football Supporter Ownership and Engagement'. This is the document which recommended that supporters meetings should take place and this is the reason all clubs have to participate.

The report states:

Senior representatives from the clubs - either club owners, directors and/or senior executive management - should represent the club at these meetings.

Each of the Leagues will provide a template to clubs outlining the minimum level of information which should be shared at these meetings.

So they can't get away with sending just Cheston and Coyle - there must be more than one 'Senior' representative.

Also, they can't just say 'I don't know what the owners intentions are' as they must provide a 'minimum level of information'.

Once a strategy for the meeting has been decided - if we are providing questions for the club, maybe we could use these 'minimum levels of information' to our advantage.

https://www.bluestrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Football_Supporter_Ownership_and_Engagement_2015_FINAL__1_-.pdf

Page 23:

"Each of the Leagues will provide a template to clubs outlining the minimum level of information which should be shared at these meetings.

Although the focus of these meetings should be on strategic / major issues, all parties will be able to table additional topics where relevant and timely, to ensure that the issues which matter to supporters and clubs are discussed

The Group believes that codifying this new level of structured dialogue between representative groups of fans and senior club personnel will be a major factor in improving and increasing opportunities for fans to be involved in club governance."

So there's a template outlining minimum level of info. Has this been shared with any of the groups in advance?

The report states:

http://www.supporters-direct.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Structured-Relationship-discussion-paper-for-EWG.pdf

I have had zero response from the club when I repeatedly ask who will be attending from the club.

A member of the fans forum has informed me however that at the forum meeting on Monday Mike Cheston confirmed that they are hopeful of an owners representative attending.

Can someone from the fans forum on here confirm or elaborate on this

Yes – Mike Cheston stated that he was hopeful a representative of the owner’s would attend & came across pretty confident that this would happen. Obviously not confirmed though!

This would be in addition to himself, Lynsey Talbot, Ian Sylvester, Robert Coar, Owen Coyle and anybody else relevant to the agenda.

Yes – Mike Cheston stated that he was hopeful a representative of the owner’s would attend & came across pretty confident that this would happen. Obviously not confirmed though!

This would be in addition to himself, Lynsey Talbot, Ian Sylvester, Robert Coar, Owen Coyle and anybody else relevant to the agenda.

just to be clear Ben, Mike Cheston, Lynsey Talbot, Ian Sylvester, Robert Coar AND Owen Coyle will all be in attendance?

Hopeful - so they don't know

At this stage this should be a definite

Can anyone tell me of a question and answer that would sway you opinion/feelings from those people in the room?

The obvious one:

Q) When are Venkys selling the club?

A) A sale is already going through.

Anything else is irrelevant, to attend is just having our pants pulled down once again by highly paid Venky employees.

Statement and walk.

Can anyone explain to me what Lynsey Talbot or Robert Coar could bring to the party?

What is Lynsey Talbot's day to day role and how will her input benefit? As far as I'm aware she isn't a director, isn't a decision maker, and thus won't be able to answer the important questions.

Likewise not really much point in Coyle being there, although from the clubs point of view Coyle's impressible gift of the gab they might be hoping he wins some fans over with his comments.

Coar doesn't work at the club. So he probably knows less than most of us on here about what goes on at the club day to day. A despicable individual whose presence at a fan meeting would serve only to provoke and antogonise those supporters who are aware of his continuing involvement in the demise of the club. There's only really one area of questioning that could be directed at him and I very much doubt he's going to provide an honest answer. Even if he did he's little more than a sideshow to the real issue(s). When, and only when, these terrible people release their grip on the club will Coar become a major issue and I would certainly expect anyone taking over the club to swiftly remove Coar from the club and any privileges he enjoys.

This is the extract from the minutes which I assume will be on the website shortly:

"From the club it was expected that he and Lynsey would be joined by Ian Silvester, Robert Coar, Owen Coyle and any other appropriate attendee dependent on the agenda items".

Robert Coar ? hell fire there must be a buffet on expenses laid on. Will he stay awake long enough to get through the evening ?

What is Lynsey Talbot's day to day role and how will her input benefit? As far as I'm aware she isn't a director, isn't a decision maker, and thus won't be able to answer the important questions.

Err - she's the Supporter Liaison Officer. It would be a bit odd if she wasn't at a Supporter Consultation Meeting.

Archived