BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

If he gets Coyle out fair enough but he should be nowhere near suggesting transfer targets for a head coach. A pointless muppet who I only hope has been brought into "assess" Coyle.

Isnt his role as director of football/sporting director? At some clubs they choose the players to sign.

Im not saying he should btw

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isnt his role as director of football/sporting director? At some clubs they choose the players to sign.

Im not saying he should btw

I have no idea what his job description is at Ewood. God knows.

I just believe that if you have a man whose job it is to coach players and come up with match day strategy and tactics, surely he should choose the players to fit those tactics.

Sorry but...

"You meet people on the circuit and you have conversations and build a rapport, but thats only at service level"

I mean, come on. Really? Read that again.

Let me think, shall I question that? Shall I have an opinion on this bull I see before me. Who is this guy? Why has he been employed? What is he bringing to the party other than bullsh1t bingo?

He talks brazenly about the Indians putting £10m in each season to keep us out of administration but he fails to recognise that it is entirely their fault we are in that position. That interview should be enough to convince anybody that we are firmly on the road to ruin and he is here to allow any circling vultures to pick what remains on the Blackburn Rovers carcass.

He is just another shyster in a cheap suit.

I have no idea what his job description is at Ewood. God knows.

I just believe that if you have a man whose job it is to coach players and come up with match day strategy and tactics, surely he should choose the players to fit those tactics.

I don't disagree Hasta.

if you look at the European model of Sporting Director/head coach, where the sporting director(in most cases) buys the players and the head coach decides the tactics and style.

For me, the sporting director and head coach need to work together and been on the same wavelength. IMO, this isn't the case here

I don't disagree Hasta.

if you look at the European model of Sporting Director/head coach, where the sporting director(in most cases) buys the players and the head coach decides the tactics and style.

For me, the sporting director and head coach need to work together and been on the same wavelength. IMO, this isn't the case here

But this system has never worked in England. The English football management culture is completely different to Europe.

Did I hear he's here to support coyle when he gets emotionally vulnerable. The club is dying and I've just listened to the grim reaper for 15 mins say he's going to give coyle a cuddle before turning the life support machine off. Call me cynical but that's how I interpreted that bullshlt

But this system has never worked in England. The English football management culture is completely different to Europe.

the sporting director/head coach does work in England as long as the DoF/head coach work on the same wavelength

don't Southampton have this system or Sheff Wed.

Les Reed is director of football at Southampton.

article-1326196131528-001ea88e00000258-1

"Being a Sporting Director at Blackburn Rovers is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You've got to massage the figures, have everyone's pants down while you strip the assets and bend her over until you're tired of it and then leave"

the sporting director/head coach does work in England as long as the DoF/head coach work on the same wavelength

don't Southampton have this system or Sheff Wed.

Les Reed is director of football at Southampton.

I didn't say it isn't used but it hasn't worked. From memory Tottenham have tried to do it and reverted back to the manager being allowed to manage. In a way it is what Anderson tried to do when he handed Allardyce a list of players he wanted over dinner at a restaurant in London.

I didn't say it isn't used but it hasn't worked. From memory Tottenham have tried to do it and reverted back to the manager being allowed to manage. In a way it is what Anderson tried to do when he handed Allardyce a list of players he wanted over dinner at a restaurant in London.

Correct Spurs have tried it 3 times and its failed every time.

I am a fan of a director of football/head coach structure as long as both are working together and the same wavelength. It is something I would like to see here at Rovers. currently we don't have this. Senior and Coyle aren't on the same wavelength IMO so we have conflict within the structure.

It doesn't work. It's a joke set up. Ok at Real, or Barca, just buy the best. Anywhere else? You let the manager manage surely?

Budgets sorted out nice and early, as soon as you know which division you're in. Here's what you've got to spend, get on with it. Would Shankly, Clough, Ferguson have put up with a "Director of Football"? Would any decent manager in any division? They just need to know where they stand and get on with it. Hence Coyle took the job and is quite happy to be pi$$ed about.

Sorry but...

"You meet people on the circuit and you have conversations and build a rapport, but that’s only at service level"

I mean, come on. Really? Read that again.

Let me think, shall I question that? Shall I have an opinion on this bull I see before me. Who is this guy? Why has he been employed? What is he bringing to the party other than bullsh1t bingo?

I think he's bringing a positive enhancement to strategic rapports, but obviously only at service level. Where there's a capacity need to have difficult conversations within a defined framework of malleable objectives, however, he may need to source and then import a new narrative arc. In a nutshell, he's going to open up the clubs bonnet, peel the onion, drill down and lay the foundations for a new strategic staircase.

It couldn't be clearer.

He certainly seems to enjoy the sound of his own voice. He loved having the chance to rattle off a list of clubs and made-up jobs that he's occupied over the years.

Then he goes on about his role in the improvements seen at Sheffield Wednesday over the last 12 months. Obviously its all down to him rather than their owner who has poured real cash into it and allowed the club to strengthen on and off the pitch unlike the Indian crooks we've got. I'm also sure I've read that he was merely in an advisory capacity at Wednesday alongside Glenn Roeder and Adam Pearson so not the Director of Football or decision maker he's claiming.

'In recent years I've met members of the family, met the owners at various games' - really? I'm not aware the owners have even been to a single game for the last 3-4 years, before that they came to about 2-3 a season at most. We really need some more clarity as to who has invented this position and who has decided to offer this job to Senior.

'I have daily contact with the owners' - about what? How much cash he needs to bring in? Which players he isn't allowed to sign? How there's no money to spend? Must be short conversations.

'I'm not the only person who has contact with the owners at the football club' - still not allowed to admit Pasha is here.

It doesn't work. It's a joke set up. Ok at Real, or Barca, just buy the best. Anywhere else? You let the manager manage surely?

Budgets sorted out nice and early, as soon as you know which division you're in. Here's what you've got to spend, get on with it. Would Shankly, Clough, Ferguson have put up with a "Director of Football"? Would any decent manager in any division? They just need to know where they stand and get on with it. Hence Coyle took the job and is quite happy to be pi$$ed about.

Set up worked at Chelsea, Everton, Southampton and Sheff Wednesday

my thoughts are

1. the guy likes talking about his achievements and what he has done. deffo can talk the talk.

2. for me, I think he wants Coyle out as manager and would like another manager in of his choice.

3. he is right that this squad should be higher up the league

4. there is no money to spend at the minute so basically Coyle get on with it and use the players we have and the academy players

5. I think he would like to be charge of signings if he was allowed and work with a head coach under

6. Venkys still have to make the decisions so no power to do owt unless they authorised it

I'm not asking the questions am I. I only posted the report. for god sake have a day off from having a daily dig

You could start an argument in an Hall of mirrors!

Athlete was saying Senior was another joker. Stop with the attitude!

Correct Spurs have tried it 3 times and its failed every time.

I am a fan of a director of football/head coach structure as long as both are working together and the same wavelength. It is something I would like to see here at Rovers. currently we don't have this. Senior and Coyle aren't on the same wavelength IMO so we have conflict within the structure.

What does that structure offer that a Manager / Good Chief Scout structure doesn't give?

Contracts and other stuff is done by the directors rather than the manager anyway. Final say on players should stop with the manager.

He certainly seems to enjoy the sound of his own voice. He loved having the chance to rattle off a list of clubs and made-up jobs that he's occupied over the years.

Then he goes on about his role in the improvements seen at Sheffield Wednesday over the last 12 months. Obviously its all down to him rather than their owner who has poured real cash into it and allowed the club to strengthen on and off the pitch unlike the Indian crooks we've got. I'm also sure I've read that he was merely in an advisory capacity at Wednesday alongside Glenn Roeder and Adam Pearson so not the Director of Football or decision maker he's claiming.

'In recent years I've met members of the family, met the owners at various games' - really? I'm not aware the owners have even been to a single game for the last 3-4 years, before that they came to about 2-3 a season at most. We really need some more clarity as to who has invented this position and who has decided to offer this job to Senior.

'I have daily contact with the owners' - about what? How much cash he needs to bring in? Which players he isn't allowed to sign? How there's no money to spend? Must be short conversations.

'I'm not the only person who has contact with the owners at the football club' - still not allowed to admit Pasha is here.

Exactly

This was complete codswallop from a script faxed direct from India.

We know nobody has direct contact with India except Pasha because they have all said so on record. Mentioning his name in public is probably gross misconduct.

Senior out !!

Pasha out !!

An extract from The Sheffield Star. Perhaps he sold himself to the Indians with guff like this.

Website Bleacher Report said earlier this year Senior claims to have personally detected and successfully recruited to professional clubs more than 100 players currently playing Premier League, Championship and other levels of league football in the UK and abroad. He also claims that the players he has helped recruit have generated more than £200m in transfer fees.

The full article:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-new-owls-advisor-s-rich-scouting-past-1-7245690

Sick and tired of hearing that Venky's are hurting too and that they keep putting £x millions into the club to keep it running.

When the hell is any reporter going to counter that with the fact that if Venky's hadn't rocked up we'd probably still be a Premier League club enjoying the TV windfall.

The only reason they need to keep putting money in to keep us afloat is thanks to the last 6 years of asset stripping and destruction of our club which is their fault!

Just comes across as another Yes man happy to be in a job and don't get me started on the LT's pussy footing around any important questions / issues. Too scared to do any proper reporting! Most other local rags have the nerve to question their clubs running and face a possible media ban.

The joke just continues and we're the ones having to suffer.

Archived