BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

An extract from The Sheffield Star. Perhaps he sold himself to the Indians with guff like this.

Website Bleacher Report said earlier this year Senior claims to have personally detected and successfully recruited to professional clubs more than 100 players currently playing Premier League, Championship and other levels of league football in the UK and abroad. He also claims that the players he has helped recruit have generated more than £200m in transfer fees.

The full article:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-new-owls-advisor-s-rich-scouting-past-1-7245690

Course he has. For anyone in any doubt (and I appreciate I'm talking to the wrong audience, especially you arbitro) then ask yourself just what the hell is this bloke doing here if he's any good?

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that structure offer that a Manager / Good Chief Scout structure doesn't give?

Contracts and other stuff is done by the directors rather than the manager anyway. Final say on players should stop with the manager.

Sporting director can do contracts and put bids. Plus look at the overall footballing structure like Academy.

Nothing wrong with Manager/chief Scout structure. It has good benilefits.

Both structures have benefits and drawbacks.

Just research tell you that.

Chelsea have had it for years even when Ancelotti, AVB and Mourinho were there.

Everton have Steve Walsh who they recruited from Leicester..

Southampton have Les Reed.

Read Koeman's comments on Steve Walsh.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/everton-boss-ronald-koeman-angry-with-former-leicester-city-chief-steve-walsh-after-fa-cup-defeat/story-30039739-detail/story.html

my thoughts are

1. the guy likes talking about his achievements and what he has done. deffo can talk the talk.

2. for me, I think he wants Coyle out as manager and would like another manager in of his choice.

3. he is right that this squad should be higher up the league

4. there is no money to spend at the minute so basically Coyle get on with it and use the players we have and the academy players

5. I think he would like to be charge of signings if he was allowed and work with a head coach under

6. Venkys still have to make the decisions so no power to do owt unless they authorised it

I'm not asking the questions am I. I only posted the report. for god sake have a day off from having a daily dig

Not having a dig just saying he's another joker another stooge who should be nowhere near Ewood.. BTW why did he get sacked at Sheff wed

Just research tell you that.

Chelsea have had it for years even when Ancelotti, AVB and Mourinho were there.

Everton have Steve Walsh who they recruited from Leicester..

Southampton have Les Reed.

Working in conjunction Chaddy I'd suggest. I doubt the likes of Reed, Walsh and of course the guy at Chelsea your alluding to (who no one knows their name (see also my Real / Barca comparison btw)) have the final say.

Anyway, we digress, Swiss Tony has spoken Chaddy! Great news!

Does Alan know him?

Working in conjunction Chaddy I'd suggest. I doubt the likes of Reed, Walsh and of course the guy at Chelsea your alluding to (who no one knows their name (see also my Real / Barca comparison btw)) have the final say.

Anyway, we digress, Swiss Tony has spoken Chaddy! Great news!

Does Alan know him?

Michael Emenalo is Chelsea Technical director

Sporting director can do contracts and put bids. Plus look at the overall footballing structure like Academy.

At clubs that don't have sporting directors, I'm fairly sure someone puts the bids in and does the contracts.

If his role is ticket prices, ground issues, talking to the authorities etc... then fine. If his role is deciding whether the manager is good enough then great. However he should not be involved on choosing who comes into the club or who goes on the pitch other than budget info.

I think he's bringing a positive enhancement to strategic rapports, but obviously only at service level. Where there's a capacity need to have difficult conversations within a defined framework of malleable objectives, however, he may need to source and then import a new narrative arc. In a nutshell, he's going to open up the clubs bonnet, peel the onion, drill down and lay the foundations for a new strategic staircase.

It couldn't be clearer.

You forgot to chuck " going forward " in there somewhere.

He also said "add value to the squad" a few times.

I'm assuming he means financial value, so they can be sold for a profit for Bala's pocket.

we all know what that means putting cash in bazza and his cronies sky rockets

I think he's bringing a positive enhancement to strategic rapports, but obviously only at service level. Where there's a capacity need to have difficult conversations within a defined framework of malleable objectives, however, he may need to source and then import a new narrative arc. In a nutshell, he's going to open up the clubs bonnet, peel the onion, drill down and lay the foundations for a new strategic staircase.

It couldn't be clearer.

I've just read that again. Superb!

"Open up the clubs bonnet, get into the very soul and the culture of this fantastically historic club. I want to reach out and really connect with the fans. They live and breath, the whole community, lives and breathes The Elwood Park. The owners, wow, these guys are so passionate, they care a blinking hell of a lot. It's beyond words. Certainly any words I've learnt yet. Sure, they've not been to Elwood for 4 years, but despite that, underneath that layer of aloofness and pig ignorance, they really do barely give a damn.

It was their "...and we don't care!..." ethos, which reminded me of an early Elton John* and his crazy Punk Rock attitude, that made me really think and drew me and my agent to The Park. That and the ridiculously high salary. Believe me I'm fired up and ready sell, sorry, help, wherever I can.

Yes, it's true I did play right back in my youth but I've told Coyley Baby that it isn't going to happen, but if needs must, and I can get paid, along with my agent, which is me, ha ha ha, then so be it. I'll go again, that extra mile.

We'll stay up no problem. I've told Owen that we must do that as a bare minimum. Or go down. There's no remit from the owners other than retain to our current position in the league. That's another thing that excited me, no, not the 2 hour working days, that we really can do what we like. Anything.

Don't doubt me, I've been around the block, I've been round the world with my baby, from a service point of view of course. I can take the pressure, I've been told that here I just need to be able to exist and keep breathing without having my photograph taken. I'm up to the challenge.

Together we can succeed, or fail. It's a fine line. Blurred I'd say. That's where I come in, to unblur the nonsense, to bring focus where before it was unfocused, or as some would say, blurred, and together, as one, we can march through this hand in hand and go re-scope ourselves, maybe even refocus in uncharted territory. Focussed.

Like 21st position is great, yes, but really, is it essential? Would 22nd really be that bad? I don't think so. If we can make 22nd then the level of consistency we'll all have achieved this season, as one, as one big lovely loved up team on E, will have been remarkable. Something we can all be proud of, and yet, on the outside at least, publically, really disappointed with at the same time."

(*tickets on sale now. 20 year premier league pledge, and a straight face whilst being served, included)

He also said "add value to the squad" a few times.

I'm assuming he means financial value, so they can be sold for a profit for Bala's pocket.

Hope that isn't the plan they've decided on to try and get some of their money back, it won't work and it means we're stuck with them until they find out it won't work.

What's the point us having one then when we have no money to offer contracts!! a

And in regards to the academy we had to loan Scott Wharton, a product of the youth system out to Cambridge because we couldn't afford to play him! Wake up Chaddy

Together we can succeed, or fail. It's a fine line. Blurred I'd say. That's where I come in, to unblur the nonsense, to bring focus where before it was unfocused, or as some would say, blurred, and together, as one, we can march through this hand in hand and go re-scope ourselves, maybe even refocus in uncharted territory. Focussed

Haha genius.

On Wharton then if the dingbat isn't going to involve him then best to send him out on loan. Something is obviously going on there seeing as he was quite rightly in front of the likes of Nyambe in being involved in the squad earlier. I'd like to think it's purely to get him experience but iv'e a bad feeling about this one and i don't trust Coyle , if he stays i can see them cashing in on this lad.

Really we should have a right back in and have Nyambe out on loan cutting his teeth and why hasn't Henley been shunted out yet ? If they give him a new deal it's another stinking move.

Well - not much changes then.

The club is still peddling the "we can buy a player that fits our profile and adds value" line.

The 'adds value' has been the mantra since day one.

The only possible positive is there was no blowing smoke up Coyle's jacksy.

That, coupled with his expectation that the current squad should be performing better, may spell the end for Coyle - especially if he loses tomorrow.

Archived