BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a mistake listening to that waffle at 6:30am in the morning, it was like being back in the office for a meeting. He really loves his own voice this one and you can see how he has talked his way in to a job, also has a real whiff of arrogance and self importance. Nothing of any interest in the whole recording, same old rubbish from a different gob. Swiss Senior is about right, this one is on for the ride alright.

There is the scenario where we may lose players so we have to think about all possible scenarios. please take out

oops didnt take out

Us staying in this division isnt dependant on us bringing in new players

we wont be bringing in new players

with a view to forward planning now for the summer window to enable us to be more competitive in the league next season.

and the inevitable begins...managing the expectations of the 6000

which league is that Paul, Pasha, whatever your name is?

Forgot to ask him about his wife being an agent

must have been a banned line of questioning

Does anybody KNOW if Pasha is still based here or has skulked back to India ?

Is Paul working alongside Pasha or reporting to him is the question.

Pasha - Paul's puppet master

Paul - Mike and Owens puppet master

aka Pashas puppet

therefore just a puppet

Mike and Owen - Pauls puppets

nothing but puppets

Do I have the new structure correct ??????

-please take out

There is the scenario where we may lose players so we have to think about all possible scenarios. please take out

Proof that the LT is nothing more than an Ewood editorial?

That article is a whole lot of nonsense. So much rubbish talked about players having to be the right players - of course they do, that's how football works!

What he says: “I’ve said to the manager, I don’t think the squad is broken, it just needs tweaking"

What he means: Coyley signed a shed load of players in the summer, some we've had to send back cos they were a bit rubbish. Therefore, I'm delighted that Coyley got 'on message' the other day when he told the LT that 'we'd be fine' if we didn't sign anyone. However don't let there be any confusion, I'm the boss, so much so that I don't even need to use the managers name'

Says: - I’m not saying we’re where we want to be, but at the same time, our opportunity of staying in this division is not dependant on bringing in new players in this window.

Means:- There's no money but the we shouldn't be where we are with the players we've got.

Says:- If we can get the balance between getting players fit and maybe a bit of tweaking in certain parts of the pitch, we will be ok.

Means:- We've had a few injuries but that's no excuse for letting in 3 soft goals every game.

Says:- “We have to look at what we have already in the building.

Means:- There's no money, I repeat, there's no money. Stop going on about the effing money!!!'

Says:- “Us staying in this division isn’t dependant on us bringing in new players.

Means:- Did i mention there's no money? So Coyley had better not start moaning about what other teams have spent again like he does in most press conferences after our regular weekly pounding at some average Championship side.

Says:- “They would enhance the squad if the player is right, but we have a talented squad"

Means: "The squad's fine. The manager isn't"

And the standout bit for me in otherwise heard it all before waffle was

'Working with partners, stakeholders and all interested parties to try and contribute to taking this football club forwards'

Rather interesting way to answer a question.

Does anybody KNOW if Pasha is still based here or has skulked back to India ?

Is Paul working alongside Pasha or reporting to him is the question.

Pasha - Paul's puppet master

Paul - Mike and Owens puppet master

aka Pashas puppet

therefore just a puppet

Mike and Owen - Pauls puppets

nothing but puppets

Do I have the new structure correct ??????

-please take out

Yes this the often used "upward arse licking structure" which has a Clown at the top usually disguised as a fat Indian with beard and ponytail and with no dress sense. The Clown will have a sister called Fat Slag and a brother who I swear is a Charlie Chaplin impersonator with a good tan which the real Charlie never had.

Not amidst all that utter nonsense there are three very important words. This has been run past senior for his approval. Check out the bottom paragraph fae6bd1d78606756692f39cb3d522c16.jpg

Looks like it's been taken out now. Just goes to show that they do check this board. Screen grabs are very useful at times - well done.

So the LT sends it's articles for proof reading by someone linked to the club to keep things "positive". No conspiracies here. Sadly no good old fashion honest journalism either.

I'd have asked him "What's your agenda"?

He talks about finding players that meet the 'criteria'.

Cheston wanted a manager that met the 'criteria' and look what we got.

Another wave of boycotters and walk always are imminent this summer as the club lurches more into the abyss.

The criteria he set out which we've heard before doesn't exactly fit with the signings of Greer, Brown, Mulgrew, Stokes or the interest in Barnes and Mears.

Either more spin or the Indians realising yet again they've let themselves be talked into taking on a dud in Coyle and his clan.

Cheaper isn't better you fools !

Have I got this correct - they printed a comment after that quote saying "please take out"?

I don't know what is worse, the editing or the ridiculous mindset of the person who deemed that quote too "risqué or negative" to include.

Ffs it's obvious we will lose players and not replace, Emnes and Marshall two examples to start with.

Thank you Blueboy for at least partially helping me see that it appears Coyle is close to being shunted out the door.

Exactly that. The main thrust of Seniors comments about transfers was that its all about getting value for money, not being held to ransom and getting players who will be assets to the club and retain value.

That all sounds very good and in a normal world I'd agree with it wholeheartedly.

A few problems with it though.

1) Virtually all the transfer business done since Gary Bowyer left has been recruiting older players with experience, basically none of which have or will increase in value as an asset to the club. Elliott Ward, Elliott Bennett, Wes Brown, Gordon Greer, Anthony Stokes and a reliance on loans which are of no financial use to the club

2) It is just over a year since they sacked a manager who was able to deliver on Senior's remit to perfection and keep the results coming. Not only did Bowyer make them millions on millions in transfer fees through his signings, but he also had the club in mid-table throughout, so no relegation risk. Their new appointment has spent his entire time at the helm with the club in the bottom 3 and other than Graham (Lambert's signing) and possibly Mulgrew none of his signings have increased in value or likely will do.

3) They then followed Bowyer's sacking by appointing two managers completely at odds with this new 'plan' claimed by Senior. If the aim of transfers was to get good value for money and assets for the club then two managers you don't appoint are Paul Lambert and Owen Coyle. Lambert is and always has been extremely ambitious and in a rush and will never prioritise individual player development over immediate results and aiming for promotion, whilst Coyle has no track record at all for developing young players or signing players who will develop over time.

Senior's interview leaves more questions than answers.

Archived