BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

Just now, Tom said:

Not been as nervous about a game for a long while, really need and want Mowbray to be a success and worry that a loss would get some people on his back early.

Take a point now!

I'd hope we wont get on his back so quick. None of this mess is his making so far. He'll have his work cut to scrape enough points with the rabble that's been thrust upon us.

The real focus of any relegation ire should be firmly with 'the family'

I have some optimism back, least of all cos we've got a genuine football man in the dugout as opposed to a complete w@nker and fraud.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irvine, Kightly, and Akins should be missing out for Burton.

Bennett and Akpan suspended for Rovers. Evans, Ward, and Hoban injured, but latter two should be featuring in reserve game against Cardiff on Monday. How badly we need central defenders back again.

Gallagher back from injury, and João available for selection.

Form-wise, it feels hopeless. On paper, as always, it feels hopeful. I'll be negative and say I'll take a point now. Although that's quite positive. Or is it. :wacko:

Not sure about all this "would take a draw" stuff. This is a must win even with NO manager. 

It's no use saying "we can't blame Mowbray" either. We are in a four team league table and we need to finish at least second. That's his mission and that's what he gets paid for.

So let's stop being defeatist and demand better from the N.O.C. (New Outstanding Candidate, aka Not Owen Coyle). Otherwise we may as well have given the gig to Johnson. This cannot be one less game to "judge him on", "too soon", "what chance did he have?". The ground work for excuses is already going in.

First test: Who does Mowbray pick tonight and who is his captain. If he picks Coyle's team then that's a big black mark and a wasted opportunity to put his own mark on things. D Lowe and Dunn should be able to point him in the right direction here. We are desperate for a proper leader, and Dunn especially will know who that should be. No pally pally stuff.

I'm expecting the crowd will absolutely back the team tonight from the first whistle.

No excuses.

Burton Albion 1 Blackburn Rovers 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure about all this "would take a draw" stuff. This is a must win even with NO manager. 

It's no use saying "we can't blame Mowbray" either. We are in a four team league table and we need to finish at least second. That's his mission and that's what he gets paid for.

So let's stop being defeatist and demand better from the N.O.C. (New Outstanding Candidate, aka Not Owen Coyle). Otherwise we may as well have given the gig to Johnson. This cannot be one less game to "judge him on", "too soon", "what chance did he have?". The ground work for excuses is already going in.

First test: Who does Mowbray pick tonight and who is his captain. If he picks Coyle's team then that's a big black mark and a wasted opportunity to put his own mark on things. D Lowe and Dunn should be able to point him in the right direction here. We are desperate for a proper leader, and Dunn especially will know who that should be. No pally pally stuff.

I'm expecting the crowd will absolutely back the team tonight from the first whistle.

No excuses.

That's more like it Stuart. You sounded like someone on suicide watch yesterday.

All that sounds like setting up to stick the boot in someone who has no responsibility for the mess we are in. (Stuart's post)

I can't judge Melton on this season. It would be an impossible job for many, and if he turns us into a team who can defend, be organised and pick up points consistently in less than a month, I'll be pinching myself.

4 minutes ago, Jbizzle said:

All that sounds like setting up to stick the boot in someone who has no responsibility for the mess we are in. (Stuart's post)

I can't judge Melton on this season. It would be an impossible job for many, and if he turns us into a team who can defend, be organised and pick up points consistently in less than a month, I'll be pinching myself.

:lol: so you think we should happy with a draw? You don't consider tonight a must-win game.

Funnily enough, I almost used the term Melton for Mr Mowbray but decided it was disrespectful so early on.

This team now has a point to prove. Was Coyle the problem or was it them? The United game suggests the can play if properly motivated.

Love that you see fit to stick the boot into me - even when I'm trying to be positive! Careful or you'll turn into another site self-parody: "Jbizzlerman".

10 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

That's more like it Stuart. You sounded like someone on suicide watch yesterday.

Stood watching a station monitor update for over an hour, dreading the word CANCELLED appearing next to your already long delayed train can do that to you...

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

:lol: so you think we should happy with a draw? You don't consider tonight a must-win game.

Funnily enough, I almost used the term Melton for Mr Mowbray but decided it was disrespectful so early on.

This team now has a point to prove. Was Coyle the problem or was it them? The United game suggests the can play if properly motivated.

Love that you see fit to stick the boot into me - even when I'm trying to be positive! Careful or you'll turn into another site self-parody: "Jbizzlerman".

How can melton be derogotary? I love pies.... :)

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt, it's a fair point that we NEED wins but I would disagree on any criticism for the new boss until he has a stamp, i.e. 10 games.

41 minutes ago, Stuart said:

No excuses.

One slightly worrying thing which TM said in his Roversplayer interview was that he watched the Utd game and didn't think he would be tweaking an awful lot. Certainly not too soon.

Slightly understandable given the timescales between his appointment and the Burton game but it does mean in the main, he will largely be leaving things as they are.

He did say that he would be "leaning" on his coaches for guidance on the players at this stage.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

How can melton be derogotary? I love pies.... :)

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt, it's a fair point that we NEED wins but I would disagree on any criticism for the new boss until he has a stamp, i.e. 10 games.

Ah, the old 10 game rule. It really is Groundhog Day!

The only flaw in your argument is that we don't have 10 games. We could be down by then.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

No excuses.

So thats the NOC list Tom Cruise is looking for in Mission Impossible!

Just now, Stuart said:

Ah, the old 10 game rule. It really is Groundhog Day!

The only flaw in your argument is that we don't have 10 games. We could be down by then.

Quite, and it would be no fault of the current "fall guy" in Mowbray.

Certainly a plethora of reasons to criticise Senior, (lies, taking months to replace Coyle) Cheston (outstanding candidate?) Coyle, a few of the playing staff and ultimately the owners.

No final judgement on Tony can be made IMO, regardless of what he has inherited. 

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Quite, and it would be no fault of the current "fall guy" in Mowbray.

Certainly a plethora of reasons to criticise Senior, (lies, taking months to replace Coyle) Cheston (outstanding candidate?) Coyle, a few of the playing staff and ultimately the owners.

No final judgement on Tony can be made IMO, regardless of what he has inherited. 

Fall guy? Ha. He's our manager. The guy is being paid because it IS his problem.

@#/?, they may as well have given the job to me! I would easily ensure our relegation, so being paid very well and having no blame attached to me would be fantastic!

Just now, Stuart said:

Fall guy? Ha. He's our manager. The guy is being paid because it IS his problem.

@#/?, they may as well have given the job to me! I would easily ensure our relegation, so being paid very well and having no blame attached to me would be fantastic!

Stuart out! Venkys stooge!  

If anyone going by car id leave a bit of extra time. From pretty much junction 20 to 16 there's those ghastly 50mph average zones to protect the workforce. A good 20-30 miles at various points getting 50 mph was a pipe dream yet I didn't see one solitary worker. 

Just now, Stuart said:

You know as well as I, most or perhaps even all are doomed to "fall" under this ownership. Hence usage of that terminology.

The point I am trying to make, is that Mowbray at least deserves the standard amount of time to really implement his style I.E deal with "his problem", that's without even taking the aforementioned variables he has to cope with.

I think a large percentage of our fans even gave this to Coyle, myself included (despite initial outrage). Tony, (imo) has far better credentials for the task at hand, thus a poor result tonight wouldn't necessary be a marker of his chances.

Archived