BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

That pass was very poor Tom, but Mulgrew's mistake was worse just a bit later. Funny how no one has remembered that one. Guess who bailed Mulgrew out.......

Yes, one of the stand out mistakes in the game.  The easy ball was to knock it into touch (i.e. do the basics) but he decides to hoof it over his head to the middle of the pitch when he could not see who was there.  It then became a 2 on 2 where Lowe bailed us out.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Mowbray's subs cost us yesterday.

It was clear after 2 minutes of coming on that Mahoney was leaving Nyambe totally exposed on the right. When Feeney come on him and Conner should have switched wings, we looked totally unbalenced I spotted it why couldn't Tony?

Hopefully just a one off and we can pick up a unexpected point or two in the next couple of games before that really crucial easter fortnight.

Absolutely agree, Feeney has been starting as he protects Nyambe far more than Mahoney. As soon as Mahoney launched that ludicrously late lunge on their winger I thought, hmmm maybe his lack of experience will catch up with him today.

On the flip side I'm sure the "theory" of the subs would have been that Mahoney and Gallagher would have been brought on to expose gaps that Preston would have left pushing forwards, unfortunately for us Preston pushing forwards exposed their lack of defensive guile rather than their attacking talents.

Just now, cesus said:

Absolutely agree, Feeney has been starting as he protects Nyambe far more than Mahoney. As soon as Mahoney launched that ludicrously late lunge on their winger I thought, hmmm maybe his lack of experience will catch up with him today.

On the flip side I'm sure the "theory" of the subs would have been that Mahoney and Gallagher would have been brought on to expose gaps that Preston would have left pushing forwards, unfortunately for us Preston pushing forwards exposed their lack of defensive guile rather than their attaching talents.

Exactly.  Well said.

Felt like a defeat and in all honesty if the game would of carried on There'd have only been one winner.. Grayson proved tactically better than Mowbray with his subs.. We needed players who could see the game out as we all know we struggle defending. Who's fault is that venkys of course they sold our best defenders 

Just now, Athlete said:

Felt like a defeat and in all honesty if the game would of carried on There'd have only been one winner.. Grayson proved tactically better than Mowbray with his subs.. We needed players who could see the game out as we all know we struggle defending. Who's fault is that venkys of course they sold our best defenders 

No, he had an ace up his sleeve in theirGallacher, ours showed his naivity . If ours had held the ball in the corner flag then they wouldn't have got the ball back to allow theirs to pick the pass which split us wide open.

9 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

oh youve forgotten how bad Brighton are atm,i reckon we can get a positive result there,did forest not thump them a few weeks back,they have lost 3 in a short space of time.

No coincidence that Brighton have started to lose points and goals since Duffy was ruled out.

Wolves now marching up the table with a rejuvenated Ben Marshall pulling the strings.

If only we'd have offered them new deals when Lambert asked eh Venkys.......

He's going to have to rethink his subs strategy on a game by game basis rather than doing a similar thing every time. Admirable he wanted to try and hit them and the kill the game off but if the team is doing ago and looks comfortable then leave it be or at least delay the subs.

Can't legislate for cock ups like Gallys though and to be fair a lesser team than PNE at this min probably wouldn't have capitalised. Sadly they are well known for swift counters and late goals.

Just now, Athlete said:

If you try and see a game out by trying to defend your own penalty area 9 times out of 10 you will come unstuck as we did yesterday. You see out a game by getting the ball in the opposition's half and keeping it their as much as possible. Bringing on two inexperienced lads and expecting them to be able to do this is a bit of a big ask. They were our options on the bench though.

Where was Graham yesterday and what's happened with Stokes ?  They'd have had the sense to take the ball to the corner flag and buy a foul to take the pressure off.

Has anyone seen anything to say that Graham was missing through injury? Don't think Graham has started too many under Mowbray and maybe one of those where the managet doesn't really fancy him. Let's hope the toys haven't come out the pram.

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where was Graham yesterday and what's happened with Stokes ?  They'd have had the sense to take the ball to the corner flag and buy a foul to take the pressure off.

Graham has a groin injury which he having a minor op on tomorrow then hopefully he will back for Brighton game.

Stokes out of favour.

If it was Graham instead of Gallagher we would have won due to he would have kept the ball in the corner flag

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Comment on Preston forum:

''Blackburn should not be where they are with their strike force and it just goes to show what a @#/? manager Coyle is.''

I just fear Coyle was allowed far too much time to do irreversible damage.

I would go as far as to say almost anyone but Coyle would have had this squad lower midtable at this point. Man is a disaster the stats don't lie in his career since Burnley.

Yes he brought Mulgrew and a few good loans but completely ballsed by wasting squad places with a load of pointless loans and loaded more duds on the wage bill. Yes damage was already done but he most definitely made a bad situation worse.

Total muppet.

53 minutes ago, Gav said:

No coincidence that Brighton have started to lose points and goals since Duffy was ruled out.

Wolves now marching up the table with a rejuvenated Ben Marshall pulling the strings.

If only we'd have offered them new deals when Lambert asked eh Venkys.......

Holy hyperbole Batman !! :D

Just now, tomphil said:

I would go as far as to say almost anyone but Coyle would have had this squad lower midtable at this point. Man is a disaster the stats don't lie in his career since Burnley.

Yes he brought Mulgrew and a few good loans but completely ballsed by wasting squad places with a load of pointless loans and loaded more duds on the wage bill. Yes damage was already done but he most definitely made a bad situation worse.

Total muppet.

We all know Coyle should have been nowhere near the football club but haven't you just contradicted your own argument tomphil?

Playing devils advocate:

By most peoples admission Mulgrew is now our best player, when he's not on form as a side we're vulnerable, Graham, Emnes, Gallagher, Joao, Williams? all integral parts of the recovery under Mowbray?

Maybe Coyle was a victim of the same player apathy thats occurred at Leicester under Ranieri, they're flying now and so are we compared to a month ago.

20 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Comment on Preston forum:

''Blackburn should not be where they are with their strike force and it just goes to show what a @#/? manager Coyle is.''

I just fear Coyle was allowed far too much time to do irreversible damage.

I think that pretty much sums it up. We have a mid-table Championship team. We had a Sunday League manager. 

Just now, Gav said:

We all know Coyle should have been nowhere near the football club but haven't you just contradicted your own argument tomphil?

Playing devils advocate:

By most peoples admission Mulgrew is now our best player, when he's not on form as a side we're vulnerable, Graham, Emnes, Gallagher, Joao, Williams? all integral parts of the recovery under Mowbray?

Maybe Coyle was a victim of the same player apathy thats occurred at Leicester under Ranieri, they're flying now and so are we compared to a month ago.

Maybe others couldn't have got an array of attacking players in like those but maybe another more tactically astute manager would have brought defensive ones in instead and built from the back.

His record since Burnley speaks for itself as does his similar recruitment so it looks like apathy has a funny habit of following him around.  Obviously any good he brings all falls apart on the training ground and pitch, give em an inch (or a doughnut) and they'll.....

I agree we are in this mess partly due to Coyle and predominantly due to our incompetent, arrogant,  clueless owners, but we lost 2 possibly pivotal points yesterday due to Mowbray's simple mistakes.

I don't agree he was tactically outwitted by Grayson, he conceeded control of the match through naive, suicidal substitutions.

If he does this again, we'll go down. If he doesn't, we'll stay up.....

Just now, garnersfags said:

I agree we are in this mess partly due to Coyle and predominantly due to our incompetent, arrogant,  clueless owners, but we lost 2 possibly pivotal points yesterday due to Mowbray's simple mistakes.

I don't agree he was tactically outwitted by Grayson, he conceeded control of the match through naive, suicidal substitutions.

or Grayson had the one ace in our ex-player bombed out by Big Sam. Gally destroyed us last season and in 10 minutes showed us up again. I was upset that Mowbray gave PNE too much respect at the start and seem to change his tactics to counter them rather than give them something to think about. They were the away side. So I can't really complain he tried to give them something to think about with his subs but I wish he'd have change it to take Gally out of the game.

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think that pretty much sums it up. We have a mid-table Championship team. We had a Sunday League manager. 

Exactly.

Anybody knocking TM or the players needs to give their head a wobble.

We haven't lost a game under his management and we've played some tough ones (on paper).

We have a momentum of not losing......what would we have given for that 3 months ago?

Many posters were predicting defeats against Deby, Fulham, Norwich and Preston!!!

Credit where credits due.

On 16/03/2017 at 4:00 PM, Liam George said:

Gary Paul has been banned by an over-zealous mod.

Poor form really, considering all the posts complaining about over-zealous policing of this fixture.

The wrestler mod (Aka Kim Jong-Un) needs to have a good look at himself and lighten up. 

I think people should make a stand against this dictator, and protest for the reinstatement of the excellent Gary Paul.

Was a bit slapstick though, particularly in the current climate with what's happening to their club, I can understand why it's not welcomed.

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Maybe others couldn't have got an array of attacking players in like those but maybe another more tactically astute manager would have brought defensive ones in instead and built from the back.

His record since Burnley speaks for itself as does his similar recruitment so it looks like apathy has a funny habit of following him around.  Obviously any good he brings all falls apart on the training ground and pitch, give em an inch (or a doughnut) and they'll.....

Yes absolutely spot on.

I remember his time at burnley, they approached games believing they'd score 1 more than the opposition, defense went out of the window, worked that one season and he's be useless ever since.

10 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

or Grayson had the one ace in our ex-player bombed out by Big Sam. Gally destroyed us last season and in 10 minutes showed us up again. I was upset that Mowbray gave PNE too much respect at the start and seem to change his tactics to counter them rather than give them something to think about. They were the away side. So I can't really complain he tried to give them something to think about with his subs but I wish he'd have change it to take Gally out of the game.

Gallagher (P) joined the fray on 75 minutes but just as he was starting to control the game Mowbray riskily used his last 2 subs (on 80 min) in a move designed to stretch the game but left Gally with the freedom of the Park. 

Having said that Lowe knows full well how Gallagher will play and should have taken responsibility for eliminating his threat, or at least trying to. Unfortunately, despite his slight improvement in recent weeks, I don't think he has the ability to do anything but chase hard and try to break up play. 

I think the reason some of us are still hurting just as much as in the 94th minute is because we genuinely feel that if we were in the 'relative' comfort of 19th place, we would probably continue our slow but steady climb to safety, but now we are still susceptible to good results from teams around us dragging us ever nearer the trap door to oblivion, and nearer to the day where we will again be able to watch the 1st team training down at Pleasington....

I really hope that's just my football hangover talking.....

13 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

His subs yesterday didn't have the impact they were brought on for. Mahoney was poor and Gallagher was awful.

But I think Feeney should have come on instead of Mahoney.

But lets forgot Mowbray hasn't even had a full week of training with the players where he has worked on shape and formation. This will be done in the next 2 weeks, so for Mowbray to get us 11 points from 7 games and get us playing some good football has been nothing less that very good.

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

This is why I mention bringing on Akpan to man mark him and reduce his influence on the game

Archived