BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

Just now, garnersfags said:

Gallagher (P) joined the fray on 75 minutes but just as he was starting to control the game Mowbray riskily used his last 2 subs (on 80 min) in a move designed to stretch the game but left Gally with the freedom of the Park. 

Having said that Lowe knows full well how Gallagher will play and should have taken responsibility for eliminating his threat, or at least trying to. Unfortunately, despite his slight improvement in recent weeks, I don't think he has the ability to do anything but chase hard and try to break up play.

Gawd, here we go again - all players make mistakes all over the field throughout 90 minutes yet the whipping boy gets the blame again.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I would go as far as to say almost anyone but Coyle would have had this squad lower midtable at this point. Man is a disaster the stats don't lie in his career since Burnley.

Yes he brought Mulgrew and a few good loans but completely ballsed by wasting squad places with a load of pointless loans and loaded more duds on the wage bill. Yes damage was already done but he most definitely made a bad situation worse.

Total muppet.

Yep, so why on earth was he appointed ?  One person at Ewood needs to explain and apologise.

Just now, garnersfags said:

I think the reason some of us are still hurting just as much as in the 94th minute is because we genuinely feel that if we were in the 'relative' comfort of 19th place, we would probably continue our slow but steady climb to safety, but now we are still susceptible to good results from teams around us dragging us ever nearer the trap door to oblivion, and nearer to the day where we will again be able to watch the 1st team training down at Pleasington....

I really hope that's just my football hangover talking.....

Feel the same.

Nearly 24 hours later and I still feel gutted, I've not had it linger this long after a game for years.

I just feel so frustrated, yes, at conceding a late goal, but these things happen. My frustration is at the fact we actually do have a decent team for this level, yet we are still staring down the barrel. Mowbray has given us a glimpse of what could have been. Coyle was a ridiculous appointment, as was the fact he staggered on until February, the club is constantly being hobbled by its own owners.

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Exactly.

Anybody knocking TM or the players needs to give their head a wobble.

We haven't lost a game under his management and we've played some tough ones (on paper).

We have a momentum of not losing......what would we have given for that 3 months ago?

Many posters were predicting defeats against Deby, Fulham, Norwich and Preston!!!

Credit where credits due.

When Coyle was here folk were saying he had his hands tied and the players weren't good enough. "Even Mourinho couldn't do any better". Funny thing was, the same people said the same before Bowyer was replaced with Lambert.

Proper managers get results.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Feel the same.

Nearly 24 hours later and I still feel gutted, I've not had it linger this long after a game for years.

I just feel so frustrated, yes, at conceding a late goal, but these things happen. My frustration is at the fact we actually do have a decent team for this level, yet we are still staring down the barrel. Mowbray has given us a glimpse of what could have been. Coyle was a ridiculous appointment, as was the fact he staggered on until February, the club is constantly being hobbled by its own owners.

Rovers fans were ridiculed when there were Coyle Out calls before he had even got here. Once again, foresight ridiculed and called negative.

Not been as mad after a result for as long as I can remember. Didn't say a word all the way home. Literally felt like I had been robbed.

At 2-1 up in the second half our play was better than I have seen for many years. We knocked it about, tormented Preston, regained possession quickly when lost and looked to be enjoying it. At that point we should have gone 3-1 and then 4-1 up. The reason we didn't is because we don't have enough end product. Time and time again there is no one available in the box other than our two strikers who are heavily outnumbered. We need bodies in the box and by that, I mean our central midfielders; neither of whom ever score! Midfielders should chip in with at least half a dozen goals in a season. I repeatedly watch Jason Lowe charge forward when we counter attack, only to stop about ten yards outside the box. The only reason he does this is because he has zero confidence in front of goal, because he is a very poor footballer. 

This is why I would pick Akpan instead of Lowe if you want their kind of football in your team. He does everything slightly better than Lowe and tries to support the attack.

Not that he is a world beater, far from it but he is an upgrade on Lowe. 

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

When Coyle was here folk were saying he had his hands tied and the players weren't good enough. "Even Mourinho couldn't do any better". Funny thing was, the same people said the same before Bowyer was replaced with Lambert.

Proper managers get results.

Stop trying to justify your 'Bowyer Out' stance.

Lambert and Coil turned out to be a step down from Bowyer.

It's amazing how football gets you - last minute equaliser at Fulham and we walked away from the ground feeling like we'd won and went for to the pub to celebrate. Last minute equaliser in our own net and it feels like a defeat.

That's why fans love it. It's a drug with highs and lows.

Just now, Doug said:

Coyle, yes, Lambert, no.

Anyone who thinks Bowyer is a better manager than Lambert is an idiot.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

It's amazing how football gets you - last minute equaliser at Fulham and we walked away from the ground feeling like we'd won and went for to the pub to celebrate. Last minute equaliser in our own net and it feels like a defeat.

That's why fans love it. It's a drug with highs and lows.

You've got to learn to take the rough with the smooth and try and keep a sense of proportion.

Having said that if we'd have played 80 minutes like in rugby this season instead of the usual 90 we'd be mid table now.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You've got to learn to take the rough with the smooth and try and keep a sense of proportion.

Having said that if we'd have played 80 minutes like in rugby this season instead of the usual 90 we'd be mid table now.

Recent games at Norwich and against Preston cases in point, 4 points lost in the dying seconds. It's been a theme all season and the reason is a combination of lack of fitness, inexperience on the part of some players, and in particular, game management - the ability to concentrate fully for the last few minutes and see a game out and not make silly mistakes - which is down to the manager to impress on his players.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Recent games at Norwich and against Preston cases in point, 4 points lost in the dying seconds. It's been a theme all season and the reason is a combination of lack of fitness, inexperience on the part of some players, and in particular, game management - the ability to concentrate fully for the last few minutes and see a game out and not make silly mistakes - which is down to the manager to impress on his players.

I agree Jim but we've suffered from this  " inability to play out matches "  problem for a good while now. It's not just this season but we have been particularly bad this time round. 

Fitness plays a big part but so does mentality. We've got to learn to play out games in our opponents half as much as possible and not in our own. We need to push out not drop back. When you get to the point in the game were  you're consistently defending your own penalty area you're in big trouble.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

They did indeed. It's all gone downhill since Bowyer left. Fact.

Lambert has spent £13m on one player at Wolves and still can't get to midtable. Embarrassing really. 

Lambert has managed at a higher level than Bowyer albeit with only fleeting success but Bowyer was a better manager for Rovers than Lambert. Bowyer brought some excellent players to the club for next to no money.

I was distinctly unimpressed with Lambert's tenure at Ewood - his rhetoric of "getting fans on the edge of their seats" with his brand of "attacking football" turning out to be no more than empty words. Some of the stuff Lambert served up was the most sterile and turgid if I've ever seen at Ewood. Having said all that, I didn't want him to leave and felt he would have done well for us over the longer term given the right backing.

The Facts.

He saved us from relegation in his first year. Then had two full seasons and finished 7th and 8th. Then he was sacked when we were in 16th and recovering from an awful start. He also made the club a shed load of money on transfers. Not even close to a year-on-year decline. Bowyer was great for Rovers.   

Just now, Mattyblue said:

11 points difference in those 7th and 8th places.

As I said, a constant decline and it was time for a change.

You can't have a constant decline over just two seasons. Especially when the club is selling your best players. The change worked out very badly. The facts tell you that. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You can't have a constant decline over just two seasons. Especially when the club is selling your best players. The change worked out very badly. The facts tell you that. 

And the third season we were stuggling.

Owen Coyle and the vice like grip of Venky's worked out badly, not replacing an out of his depth manager.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Lambert has managed at a higher level than Bowyer albeit with only fleeting success but Bowyer was a better manager for Rovers than Lambert. Bowyer brought some excellent players to the club for next to no money.

I was distinctly unimpressed with Lambert's tenure at Ewood - his rhetoric of "getting fans on the edge of their seats" with his brand of "attacking football" turning out to be no more than empty words. Some of the stuff Lambert served up was the most sterile and turgid if I've ever seen at Ewood. Having said all that, I didn't want him to leave and felt he would have done well for us over the longer term given the right backing.

That's how I see it Jim, the displays under Lambert were some of the worst I've seen at Ewood.

The final part of your sentence in bold is the problem, no manager will get the right backing under these idiots running/ruining our club.

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

They did indeed. It's all gone downhill since Bowyer left. Fact.

Lambert has spent £13m on one player at Wolves and still can't get to midtable. Embarrassing really. 

Lambert didn't sign Costa, the Fosun group did, first of all on loan back in the summer then full time in January, Lambert just happened to take over half way through proceedings. Given time and backing here he'd have worked out well, but thats not the Venky way.

I agree Bowyer did a good job though, its a fact lost on many, we'd be in a much worse position than we are now if it wasn't for Gary Bowyer.

Archived