BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Lambert has managed at a higher level than Bowyer albeit with only fleeting success but Bowyer was a better manager for Rovers than Lambert. Bowyer brought some excellent players to the club for next to no money.

I was distinctly unimpressed with Lambert's tenure at Ewood - his rhetoric of "getting fans on the edge of their seats" with his brand of "attacking football" turning out to be no more than empty words. Some of the stuff Lambert served up was the most sterile and turgid if I've ever seen at Ewood. Having said all that, I didn't want him to leave and felt he would have done well for us over the longer term given the right backing.

He wanted backing in the transfer market to be able to bring in attacking flair. He's done that already at Wolves by signing Marshall. We already had him and didn't get the chance to add more. I'm still bitter at the likes of Pasha who made assurances to Lambert to get him in, that they either had no authority to do so or they reneged on. Either way, all of the feel-good and optimism leaked away and just to add further insult they stomped all over the fans by bringing in Coyle.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gav said:

we'd be in a much worse position than we are now if it wasn't for Gary Bowyer.

Or we might have been in a much better position if we had brought in an actual manager. The squad Bowyer mismanaged make you weep.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Lambert has managed at a higher level than Bowyer albeit with only fleeting success but Bowyer was a better manager for Rovers than Lambert. Bowyer brought some excellent players to the club for next to no money.

I was distinctly unimpressed with Lambert's tenure at Ewood - his rhetoric of "getting fans on the edge of their seats" with his brand of "attacking football" turning out to be no more than empty words. Some of the stuff Lambert served up was the most sterile and turgid if I've ever seen at Ewood. Having said all that, I didn't want him to leave and felt he would have done well for us over the longer term given the right backing.

Look at the players Bowyer had at his disposal. Do you not think Lambert would have done better ?

Just now, Stuart said:

Or we might have been in a much better position if we had brought in an actual manager. The squad Bowyer mismanaged make you weep.

Gary Bowyer deserves the utmost respect for what he achieved here, in keeping us up when we looked doomed, for working with Barry chuckle, that Fat Shelf seller and some clown from the far east who all spent night and day trying to destroy each other and the club/team in the process.

Everything else is hypothetical Stuart.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Look at the players Bowyer had at his disposal. Do you not think Lambert would have done better ?

We all know this is subjective so the discussion will continue.

The question is, do you think lambert would've have signed those players?  

I don't!

21 hours ago, broadsword said:

Oi. 

This is getting too much. His about tempering your boundless optimism with a little realism. 

We're serum conceding late goals, and we still concede every game in sufficient quantities to make it difficult to win. Yes we're doing better now that we have a decent manager but we're still in the bottom three. 

What happens if we lose a couple? suddenly goes a bit awry then.

To query why people are pessimistic after the last six years of hell really is an insult 

Pessimistic after last 6 years?  Almost 50 years of folliwing the Blue and White halves moulded me in to a pessimist

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But now Mowbray will have 2 full weeks to work on the shape and formation work now. No reason we cant beat Brighton tbf. Good team but everyone can beat any one in this league

Has Mercer hacked chadsters account.                 2 weeks is going to help but we are still dropping vital points due to individual errors.  He can't manage that only better players will fix that side of our game.  Or an exorcism to rid us if the Coyle demons.  We need to cut out the mental lapses.

I just hope we don't do our usual slow start after the break.  It is imperative way stay up and I have a nasty gut feeling Mowbray will be off in summer.

Watching Rovers yesterday was like having sex:

> 20 minutes of fiddling about.

> 50* minutes of joy.

> 20 minutes thinking what the hell was that about.

> 3 minutes of "I must get the hell out of here quick before it all goes wrong.

*some readers may want to remove 50 and replace with 5.

Just now, preston blue said:

Watching Rovers yesterday was like having sex:

> 20 minutes of fiddling about.

> 50* minutes of joy.

> 20 minutes thinking what the hell was that about.

> 3 minutes of "I must get the hell out of here quick before it all goes wrong.

*some readers may want to remove 50 and replace with 5.

The last 3 minutes you describe sounds like a well endowed Gally pulling out after he's just split his ex in two.....with a telling pass (",)

Just now, TAFKAP said:

The last 3 minutes you describe sounds like a well endowed Gally pulling out after he's just split his ex in two.....with a telling pass (",)

I'm not sure his ex felt it. He did slip it in with some style though so kudos. We taught him well.

It would have meant a lot to Gally. One last dabble in the home of the one he loves before being forcibly ejected to shack back up with his rather frumpy current partner.    

5 hours ago, Mercerman said:

Has anyone seen anything to say that Graham was missing through injury? Don't think Graham has started too many under Mowbray and maybe one of those where the managet doesn't really fancy him. Let's hope the toys haven't come out the pram.

Graham hah had a knock and was ruled out by it.

• Mike E unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His subs yesterday didn't have the impact they were brought on for. Mahoney was poor and Gallagher was awful.

But I think Feeney should have come on instead of Mahoney.

But lets forgot Mowbray hasn't even had a full week of training with the players where he has worked on shape and formation. This will be done in the next 2 weeks, so for Mowbray to get us 11 points from 7 games and get us playing some good football has been nothing less that very good.

This is why I mention bringing on Akpan to man mark him and reduce his influence on the game

Only problem is that Akpan is not alert enough to man mark. The majority of the game passes him by. Shame because in very short bursts he shows he has the attributes. Personally I'd have either left Bennett on and moved him inside instead of Gallagher coming on or put Hoban on and moved Mulgrew into midfield.

Archived