BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It clearly says that. The operation costs include money for strengthening the squad. 

At least it confirms that the money generated from transfers never makes it to the club coffers, it just disappears off to India. 

It says money for strengthening the squad. It does not say ENOUGH avaiable money to ACTUALLY strengthen the squad.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

So funds have been requested from the owners to cover the 24-25 season and for strengthening the squad and the August court case is relevant.

We'll see I suppose I personally think he's lying out of his backside.

If funds have been secured why was Suhail only flying to India around the time of the WATR meeting to discuss budgets. Most of us have Waggotts card marked and he has a habit of telling people what they want to hear and my belief is that he does this because he can't do confrontation and being asked tough questions. He has one of the easiest jobs in football and is desperate to cling on to it. He will do so by any means and telling lies and misleading people is one of his traits. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If funds have been secured why was Suhail only flying to India around the time of the WATR meeting to discuss budgets. Most of us have Waggotts card marked and he has a habit of telling people what they want to hear and my belief is that he does this because he can't do confrontation and being asked tough questions. He has one of the easiest jobs in football and is desperate to cling on to it. He will do so by any means and telling lies and misleading people is one of his traits. 

The guy is a liar and not a very good one.

If you believe a word he says then you'll be in for a nasty shock.

As you say, he clearly can't handle any kind of confrontation and will just say whatever he thinks will satisfy someone or ingratiate himself. An absolute fraud and coward.

Then you have the shadow man who is an even bigger coward.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Money for strengthening the squad covers the strengthening the squad aspect. 

But the question is how much money is avaiable. If only a few hundred thousand is available, not a lot of strengthening will be possible. Yet the statement could still be made that" Money is available to strengthen the squad ".

59 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I dunno, there answer seemed quite clear to me...

WATR were advised that there was no current impediments to allow the Owners funding the Club in the future and that the Delhi High Court case in August does not involve the running of the Club.

SW informed WATR that funds had been requested from the Owners to cover operational costs for the forthcoming 24/25 season that included looking at strengthening the squad for the coming season.

Of course we'll soon see if it transpires, like i said I think it's window dressing.

Okay, so part one, does than mean they are free to send funds from India now, or does it mean they can use what is already in the UK? I am certainly not clear on the answer to that. I agree that the Delhi Hight Court case does not involve the running of the club, but the decision made will DEFINITLELY have an impact on the future of the club. Waggott is on record to say a precedent has been set, so is he 100% that the hearing in August will go the same way as the previous two and therefore permission will be granted for them to transfer future funds?  if that's the case, why did they simply not say in November, we are satisfied that the funds are being used for the purposes stated and will therefore accept that you can carry on regardless. Also, will there be any need to go back to the court for future permissions? Again, I am not clear, but maybe I am being a bit thick.

SW requesting funds from the owners is one thing, but have they responded and again, will they be allowed to send funds from India, as again to me, that is unknown at the minute so not clear.

A direct yes or no question will clear this up. Steve, if the owners had to send funds from India right now, to help fund a payment on behalf of the club, would they be allowed to do so? Yes or no?

That would clear this up once and for all, but this is certainly anything but clear just now.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

But the question is how much money is avaiable. If only a few hundred thousand is available, not a lot of strengthening will be possible. Yet the statement could still be made that" Money is available to strengthen the squad ".

Well, yeah, I suppose the proof will be on what happens on the pitch. If we sell Sammie, reinvest the proceeds and all the Raya money,  and yet still get relegated, did we strengthen the squad? 

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Well, yeah, I suppose the proof will be on what happens on the pitch. If we sell Sammie, reinvest the proceeds and all the Raya money,  and yet still get relegated, did we strengthen the squad? 

Does anyone really believe that we will spend as much as we receive this coming window.

My guess is is will be a minus figure and would not be surprised if it was not minus £10m or more.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lraC said:

Does anyone really believe that we will spend as much as we receive this coming window.

My guess is is will be a minus figure and would not be surprised if it was not minus £10m or more.

No, I was just making a point about how difficult ‘squad strengthening’ is to judge. Best case scenario. IMO, is we have a summer like 2022 when we spent £4m-£5m. 

https://mcusercontent.com/f646174da39488e19ed1200d3/images/f8b32a03-310e-b17a-b39e-07e79f98a2f3.png

AGM Agenda

Wednesday 26th June - 7pm
Blackburn Rovers Senior Training Centre

SECTION A:  AGM Business

• Welcome from Mike Graham, Chair of We Are The Rovers

• Minutes of the AGM held 22nd June 2023 (MG) - View on our website

• Chair’s Report for 2023 - written report - followed by questions (MG) - View on our website

• Election of Additional Board Members for 2024/25 (Linda Chelton)

• Adoption of Annual Accounts to June 2023 (Peter Dickinson)

• Membership Report (Marc O’Neill)

SECTION B:  Presentations on the work of We Are The Rovers (each presentation followed by a brief Q&A)

• The Rich and Unique Heritage of Blackburn Rovers (Steve Williams)

• Season Ticket Discussions and Fan Engagement in 2024/25 (Duncan Miller)

SECTION 😄  Our Keynote Speaker (session chaired by Steve Williams)

John Eustace our Head Coach will speak on the recent end of season challenges and looks forward to the coming season. This will be followed by a brief Q&A* session.

(*written questions can be submitted during the meeting)

RAFFLE

Please note that WATR have arranged a free raffle for supporters attending this AGM. At present the prizes are:

• 1st - Fully signed and framed 2023/24 first team shirt.

• 2nd - £30 meal voucher for the excellent Cavendish Arms, Brindle near Chorley.

• 3rd - Adidas Spezial ‘coffee table’ Decades Book signed by Gary Aspen with an Arte Et Labore message.

• 4th - Team sheet from the Rovers v Newcastle FA Cup game signed by Sammie Szmodics.

We will also be live streaming the event. A link will sent out by email on the morning of the 26th June.

The meeting will finish at 9pm at the latest.

• Like 1

Just now, Moptop1 said:

Did you say Pasha has been invited to attend a meeting or am I mistaken?

Pasha is joining the Trust's meetings with Rovers, not the AGM, is my understanding. 

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

For information Rudy Gestede has been invited to attend our WATR AGM next Wednesday following his positive comments about fan engagement earlier this week.  Rudy has accepted our invitation.

Ask him about refusing to play for us .

Edited by ABBEY

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Great! Will he be answering some questions? If so:

"Hello Rudy, delighted you could join us. I'm interested to hear - in your Head of Football role - how you would approach a player being played an incredible amount of money by this football club but refusing to play and working with rival teams to try and push through a transfer away from Rovers that doesn't reflect their true market value?"

"Rudy, according to your LinkedIn, which you keep up to date, prior to your appointment here you have not taken a Managerial, Head of or Directors role at any other business, never mind football club, in the UK. As Head of Football, do you believe Rovers are in a position to hire inexperience in key roles?" 

Yes, but he's made some throwaway, positive soundbites in an interview where he shamelessly rims the likes of Waggott and Suhail, so tea and chat it is.

Lovely stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Pasha is joining the Trust's meetings with Rovers, not the AGM, is my understanding. 

Could he not be invited to one of your meetings and questions put towards him of supporters concerns at how things are?

Edited by Moptop1

On 17/06/2024 at 14:05, We Are The Rovers said:

We will also be live streaming the event. A link will sent out by email on the morning of the 26th June.

Will this event be available to watch online who aren't members or not? 

4 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

For information Rudy Gestede has been invited to attend our WATR AGM next Wednesday following his positive comments about fan engagement earlier this week.  Rudy has accepted our invitation.

Rudy, why were you so selfish in rejecting playing for our fantastic club paying your contract to force a move? 

I honestly am off the opinion it's a joke on the above basis he's even at the club.

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rudy, why were you so selfish in rejecting playing for our fantastic club paying your contract to force a move? 

I honestly am off the opinion it's a joke on the above basis he's even at the club.

Someone’s told Waggott it’s a great idea because he’s a club legend and the fans will relate to it. I guarantee it.

To be honest, fans like you and I are in the minority. He’ll be paraded around the pitch and cheered. 

• Like 4

There is absolutely no point in meeting with anyone down there other than shadow man.

What are we ever going to get of any substance from the fake CEO and the fake head of football or whatever other bullshit window dressing positions they have created.

• Like 1

I am over the fact that he did what are pretty common tactics to get a move to a club in a higher league. We had failed to even make the top 6, Villa were in the Prem, a potential once in a lifetime opportunity to play there, do I like that players do that? No. But I dont hold a grudge a decade on.

The sole issue with the appointment is that he has absolutely no experience in such a job and has got it because he was a former player.

11 hours ago, J*B said:

Someone’s told Waggott it’s a great idea because he’s a club legend and the fans will relate to it. I guarantee it.

To be honest, fans like you and I are in the minority. He’ll be paraded around the pitch and cheered. 

Should use the BRFCs funds to target the Blackburn area with information on SW and RG to tell them why all of them shouldn't be near our club .

The connection RG has to Steve Kean is a bit worrying.