BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

I'm not expecting some sort of seismic change to come about from the Trust meeting with shadow man but I think it's absolutely fantastic that he's being brought into the light.

This guy needs to have the pressure put on him big time. I would hazard a guess that nothing happens at this club without his say so. Meetings with anyone else are absolutely pointless.

As mentioned above, a quick update would have been appreciated.

Great work from all concerned.

• Like 7

‘Politics’ directly impacts what you see at Ewood Park ,as one day we might well be watching League 2 football on the pitch… ‘oh, how did that happen?’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Maybe rovers trust would have more than 300-400 memebers if rovers fans actually knew what was going on, because I ain’t got a scooby who runs the rovers trust, what the rovers trust does, who they meet, or what their goals are.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Yes, there was a meeting with Suhail on Friday. Obviously there will be a full report of what we discussed and the agreed outcomes from it. I’m expecting to be giving up a lot (more) of my free (and not so free) time to answering questions and carrying out our agreed follow up actions as a result of it, no problem with that, but it wasn’t possible yesterday or today due to other demands on my time. We had planned to update the wider fanbase tomorrow. One of the actions I’ve taken is to contact representatives of all fan groups to brief them fully on what we discussed, obviously this includes the BRFCS ownership.

@J*BYour inference that we wouldn’t have discussed this had Glen not brought it up is pretty wide of the mark. Glen is aware of the meeting due to the fact I discussed it on the phone with him yesterday.

if not selling up ..meeting futile 

14 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

No idea. 

Any idea why Suhail has suddenly started engaging with supporters groups?

Because he is started to get concerned by things the fans are planning🤔

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roverblue said:

Sick of all this cloak and dagger nonsense, we are all Blackburn fans so just be transparent.

100% .. only call needs be sell up or protests.

end the nicey nicely bull now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The Trust is not answerable to posts on BRFCS.

Full stop.

Sometimes we can’t do right for doing wrong. 

ok to post on here but not expect questions when cuddling up to the rats.

1 hour ago, Doogs said:

I am just a plain old Rovers supporters.. Never been, or interested in politics. I will be at Ewood Park on Friday evening cheering the Rovers on.

politics? it's about saving the club whilst happy clappers watch it die..clapping as it happens

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Because he is started to get concerned by things the fans are planning🤔

Yep he or his minions read this board 100%

Hi King rat 🖕

Any other club would be making regular statements through their owner/CEO through the club website about the clubs position, future and general strategy. They would also be taking interviews with local press about all this and reguarly communicating with fans particular in the off season with a looking back/forward approach. See John Williams or our other local clubs like PNE who do exactly this.

Instead at rovers we get zero communication. In its place a secret player/fans meeting in January. A semi-regular fans forum that nobody who attends can/will talk about other than some heavily censored/redacted minutes that appear online. And now some secret meeting with a few people from the trust where who knows what has been discussed.

This is so far from normal! We are probably the only club in the EFL that operates like this.

All I want as a fan is some basic transparent communication about what is happening with the club and what are its ambitions/strategy for the upcoming season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Doogs said:

I am just a plain old Rovers supporters.. Never been, or interested in politics. I will be at Ewood Park on Friday evening cheering the Rovers on.

I will be there supporting Rovers on Friday evening where the only thing that matters is winning and getting off to a good start.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's a darned if you do/don't situation here in my opinion. I'm not really interested in knowing about the scheduling of the meeting but I'm really keen to know what was said and I'm expecting full transparency on this. There should have been no 'in confidence' or 'off the record' chats as I believe that is a bigger betrayal of us fans than anything else.

I believe the trust have done the right thing by meeting with Suhail on Friday and asking him questions. I understand that the meeting was very last minute and that they have to tell their board first and then publish the minutes to members when time allows. I fully understand that board members have other things to do over a weekend given that people have commitments outside of being a board member. 

I look forward to seeing the minutes and what was said and what I want to asked the We Are The Rovers board members. 

56 minutes ago, BigHoz said:

Maybe rovers trust would have more than 300-400 memebers if rovers fans actually knew what was going on, because I ain’t got a scooby who runs the rovers trust, what the rovers trust does, who they meet, or what their goals are.

Look at the We Are The Rovers website. We Are THE Rovers (roverstrust.com)

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BigHoz said:

Look at their website!

Communication directly with Suhail is as close to talking to Venky's since the two Ians visited Pune a decade ago.

It appears Waggott is at the very least being diminished and quite rightly so.

Beyond this I am holding fire until we see the minutes. Accusing WATR of being underhand is inappropriate at this stage- we are promised an open set of minutes- let's see what they say...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Communication directly with Suhail is as close to talking to Venky's since the two Ians visited Pune a decade ago.

It appears Waggott is at the very least being diminished and quite rightly so.

Beyond this I am holding fire until we see the minutes. Accusing WATR of being underhand is inappropriate at this stage- we are promised an open set of minutes- let's see what they say...

Getting access to Suhail is a very important step.

I am quite prepared to give WATR time and space to engage with him.

Obviously, the first steps in this process must be handled carefully. I certainly won't be nitpicking, just because we didn't hear about the meeting beforehand.

As ever, though, WATR will have to remain mindful that this is still a "non trust situation". I am sure WATR will be alive to what is in it for Suhail against genuine positive outcomes in the running of the club. 

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

So from what has been said, am I right in thinking that a full report of the meeting with Pasha will be relayed on here - and if so when can we expect it, not to pressure anyone time wise, but just so we know.

• Like 1