BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Without a club. Still only 30. The 2 injuries destroyed his career. 

Would anyone wants him back on a year's contract?

Pay as you play.  A half fit Dack off the bench is better than Vale, Leonard, Markanday and more of a goal threat than Gallagher. Sure he can't press, but he knows how to score a tap in.

• Like 5

In a competently run club on a free and with low wages/realistic playing time expectations Dack would still be worth a gamble. He'd score a few goals over the course of the season, even if he was basically an impact sub.

The problem is that A. if we were to sign him we then wouldn't sign someone else who doesn't have significant fitness issues and B. we don't have the squad depth to cover him - if we sign him he's going to end up in the team more often than not regardless of whether he is still capable of playing that many games in the season. We couldn't afford to sign him and then not play him.

Ennis, on paper, was a cheap low risk gamble but once the budget was cut the fact that we had signed him prevented us from signing a proven forward. We took a punt on another 'low risk' gamble in Telelovic who possibly prevented us signing someone in January. It's an opportunity cost. 

We'd basically need Dack to agree to play for free, or a nominal amount on a six month contract to use our facilities etc. in order to prove he is worth a contract, either with us or another club, and he isn't going to do that.

6 hours ago, DE. said:

Dack is finished at this level I'm afraid. It'd be a desperation signing of a club only going in one direction. 

I agree with you but we are going down this season !

We also have to have enough players to fulfil our fixtures ..

Sad times , whatever happened to honouring Jacks legacy ?

• Backroom

I can see him hanging his boots up soon, lost his spark and think attention is elsewhere 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom said:

I can see him hanging his boots up soon, lost his spark and think attention is elsewhere 

Unless he can merge his reality tv career with a move to a club with its own show (is there still an ongoing Wrexham tv series?)

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Much better location for the Loose Women studios and the like..

I mean at least it sorts the content storyline for the next series they do on ITVbe... the struggles as they search the home counties high and low for a seven bedroomed detached house with space for a driving range...

Or maybe the man is going back to a Club he knows as unfortunately his body has been ravaged by injuries for him to play at a higher level?

Dack is a horror story in football. Had the chance of PL football at one point. Injuries really set him back. I hope he finds some joy back at Gillingham

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Or maybe the man is going back to a Club he knows as unfortunately his body has been ravaged by injuries for him to play at a higher level?

Dack is a horror story in football. Had the chance of PL football at one point. Injuries really set him back. I hope he finds some joy back at Gillingham

I feel for Dack with his injury issues but he spent all last summer deciding his next club(missed pre season) and this one he is still deciding his club with 3 weeks till the start of the season.

Last summer he should have been trying to get a club sorted asap...maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but he would have had a much better chance of maintaining fitness with a pre season behind him 

• 4 weeks later...