Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS, SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

How ironic that this transfer deadline day was the one in the past few years where people really got excited about it but its actually turned out to be one of the worst. Claims of 4/5 players (ok not all perms) and bids of up to 4 million going in and we end up with nadda - so far.

Edited by JacknOry
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Let's not fool ourselves, this is a right old mess. Do you know any dingle fans ? I do and I'm not looking forward to the next time I meet them.

There aren't many in Ireland, luckily enough! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Moderation Lead
Posted

I'll be honest, whilst we aren't the only club affected here, it isn't 'negative' to say that it's been a disappointing day if we fail to bring any permanent signings in. 

Particularly after we were 'expected' to make signings. Fair enough, this may have been the result of attention-seeking behaviour/dick-teasing ITKs, but knowing the deficiencies in the squad, we need more players!!

  • Like 2
Posted

With a 2 hour extension for deals which have been agreed available, knowing theres at least 4m to spend, you've surely GOT to move for Madisson at this point? And thats without addressing the striker issue, which is essentially if Danny Graham does his cruciate we're relying on Armstrong, who was good last year, but has so far failed at Championship level.

Posted
Just now, J*B said:

With a 2 hour extension for deals which have been agreed available, knowing theres at least 4m to spend, you've surely GOT to move for Madisson at this point? And thats without addressing the striker issue, which is essentially if Danny Graham does his cruciate we're relying on Armstrong, who was good last year, but has so far failed at Championship level.

Think that might be the catch. I'd be astonished if there was that amount to spend.

Posted
Just now, J*B said:

With a 2 hour extension for deals which have been agreed available, knowing theres at least 4m to spend, you've surely GOT to move for Madisson at this point? And thats without addressing the striker issue, which is essentially if Danny Graham does his cruciate we're relying on Armstrong, who was good last year, but has so far failed at Championship level.

The only way to accommodate AA up front when DG goes off would involve changing formation in my opinion to have two up top. He is not suited to be like for like with Graham.

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, Mike E said:

Since the 'busy week' tweet from Rovers, Monday before last, we've made a loan signing, and a really obvious transfer.

I was hoping it'd mean at least 2 more transfers. Don't get me wrong 'loans with a view' will suit me too, but we look extremely unprofessional after this.

Cheers Rovers (that is unless we sign 2 players in the next 67mins).

Im not doubting we will get loans in but i don't believe we will be bringing in with fixed fee obligation.

It will be the same as last season with the likes of Armstrong, Chapman and even Payne where Mowbray will say we could pursue permanent deals but there will be nothing guaranteed and we will be in the same position next summer only this time we will have to buy two strikers as Graham's fitness could be worse the following season

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I'll be honest, whilst we aren't the only club affected here, it isn't 'negative' to say that it's been a disappointing day if we fail to bring any permanent signings in. 

Particularly after we were 'expected' to make signings. Fair enough, this may have been the result of attention-seeking behaviour/dick-teasing ITKs, but knowing the deficiencies in the squad, we need more players!!

Bit harsh calling Mowbray a dick teasing ITK..

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Boro have offered £5.5 million for Freeman.
We have dropped our interest by the looks of it.
Now would be a good time to show interest in Chapman or Maddison.

Let them have him then at that price. We can't afford to put all our eggs in one basket, especially in a non essential player.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Boro have offered £5.5 million for Freeman.
We have dropped our interest by the looks of it.
Now would be a good time to show interest in Chapman or Maddison.

The more I think about it - I believe us getting Chapman hinges on this and Pulis asked us to whack a bid in around $4 million to get the ball rolling so that their $5.5 million suddenly looks a good deal.

Wasn't Chapman in Blackburn yesterday? Could have had a medical in advance?

Edited by JacknOry
Posted
3 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Boro have offered £5.5 million for Freeman.
We have dropped our interest by the looks of it.
Now would be a good time to show interest in Chapman or Maddison.

Boro can fook right off 

You would think after the QPR chairman going as far as releasing a statement after our bid saying he wasn't for sale, clubs wouldn't bother  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, J*B said:

With a 2 hour extension for deals which have been agreed available, knowing theres at least 4m to spend, you've surely GOT to move for Madisson at this point? And thats without addressing the striker issue, which is essentially if Danny Graham does his cruciate we're relying on Armstrong, who was good last year, but has so far failed at Championship level.

The window has been ballsed up good and proper.  Whatever 'the plan' was, it clearly hasn't worked.  What could have been an exciting window with positive momentum has back fired - we are in for a battle this season. 

94/95 all over again. 

Lol edit 95/96

 

 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2
Posted
20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The whole club from top to bottom has been made to look foolish and unprofessional. Nothing new there.

With Three weeks of the window left, I feel this is a massive overreaction.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Perhaps I'm getting older but... I'm not getting it. 5 O clock will come and go and we'll still be able to sign players, perhaps even for better value... So what's the big deal? 

  • Like 3
Posted
1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The window has been ballsed up good and proper.  Whatever 'the plan' was, it clearly hasn't worked.  What could have been an exciting window with positive momentum has back fired - we are in for a battle this seasin. 

94/95 all over again. 

We won the league in 94/95 ?

  • Like 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I'll be honest, whilst we aren't the only club affected here, it isn't 'negative' to say that it's been a disappointing day if we fail to bring any permanent signings in. 

Particularly after we were 'expected' to make signings. Fair enough, this may have been the result of attention-seeking behaviour/dick-teasing ITKs, but knowing the deficiencies in the squad, we need more players!!

Mate, are you serious? Threatening bans and sin bins or whatever for inflammatory behaviour and then you type this? Unbelievable. 

Posted
Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

With Three weeks of the window left, I feel this is a massive overreaction.

 

 

Kind of. 

Mowbray himself stated in the past that you can't build a team based on a lot of loans. We needed a striker and  a winger badly. It looks like we haven't signed them. 

Maybe players are just picking other clubs ahead of us. 

Posted

If we don't sign anyone then we need the loan window or the quick fix window which is what basically it is. Building for the future my arse

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.