BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Most of them are relatively young lads mate and as I just posted in reply to someone else, Arma and Ben have taken all of our pens for 2+ seasons now.

I think I can remember Dack taking a penalty for us before. 

I don't think anyone else has. 

Maybe Pickering did for Crewe I don't know. Maybe Khadra can take them but I don't think most have taking penalty in game before

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

How could anyone else in the squad ‘stand out’ to take pens when Arma and Ben have taken all of them for the past 2+ seasons. Seems a strange thing to be negative about. I’m sure most of them are perfectly capable of taking a decent penalty. 

I'm talking about nobody stands out in the fans thinking straight away because we have few confident  to who can take over,look at the guesses do you see a player that all the fans are thinking could strike a ball from the spot? You don't have to have seen a player take a pen to think he could do a job but theres few in our team spring to mind.

Edited by Darrenbot

23 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm talking about nobody stands out in the fans thinking straight away because we have few confident  to who can take over,look at the guesses do you see a player that all the fans are thinking could strike a ball from the spot? You don't have to have seen a player take a pen to think he could do a job but theres few in our team spring to mind.

Lenihan, Ayala, Van Hecke, Giles, Pickering, Khadra, Rothwell, Hedges. Just off the top of my head I would have no qualms about any of these stepping up. 

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Glass half full matey. We have enough legitimate things to complain about without creating extra ones. I suppose if whoever does step up misses the next Rovers penalty you’ll be on here saying “I told you so”!?

Why would i do that,i'm not a child.

38 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He was on crutches and in the boot at the boxing last night too, so it’s not just window dressing for Ewood / Brockhall. Sickener this - just when we had to hit some form again.

This is looking more and more like a few weeks until he's good to go again which could mean a standoff with Chile and Rovers as its 5 weeks until the last  2 World Cup Qualifiers.He could be getting called up before he's played for us again.

13 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

So a professional keeper should save only 3/10 ?

Don’t think you’d find a professional keeper with a save % anywhere near that. If you did I’d be impressed. And they certainly won’t be a championship goalkeeper!

Edited by Mellor Rover

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The boot and crutches could be just for total safety precautions and he might be taking it off next week to see how it is. Until it's officially confirmed either way, I'm not taking anything as a given

Prepare to be very disappointed

Edited by Mellor Rover
TMI

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If they're lucky. A good penalty taker should be scoring at least 9 

Well my record was pretty impressive never missed a penalty in all my playing days school, amateur Sunday and Saturday league, navy and so on😅 must have been some shit keepers around back then😅😅

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Well my record was pretty impressive never missed a penalty in all my playing days school, amateur Sunday and Saturday league, navy and so on😅 must have been some shit keepers around back then😅😅

I never missed a penalty either, mind you I never took one.

• Like 3