BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

You are right we do need a new right back.

Because a bloody good championship one is about to leave for nothing!

Plus players can keep improving after 23, even if he didn’t he’s far far from a weak link

I don't see Nyambe has being in the best 6 rights backs in this league. 

Yes he can keep improving but his days of prospect are gone since he is 23 years old

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's the best defender at the club by a mile. The only reason that you aren't a big fan is because your dear leader regularly uses him as a scapegoat and you know that he isn't going to sign a new contract, so when he goes for a pittance of what he is worth you can continue to defend the dear leader. 

I disagree that he is our best defender by a mile. He has a problem with positional sense. It has cost us a few goals. 

We have a 12 months contract option which I expect Rovers will exercise. 

Where have a defend Mowbray today. I have posted my doubts on Nyambe for the past couple of seasons on here. 

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

More absolute nonsense, it really feels we are in the last knockings of his reign here and he’s going on the defensive.

I’ve no doubt though we’ll scrape a lucky win tonight and Twitter will resume with the ‘where’s the Mowbray out mob now?’  BAU

Barnsley are doing very well at the moment, my head says we will have a hard night to get all 3bpoints and I am not sure our players are up to it, on present form.

I hope he is under pressure, he should be, both from within the club and India. He is failing by his own standards and does not appear capable enough to turn matters around. We will see.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he can keep improving but his days of prospect are gone since he is 23 years old

I disagree that he is our best defender by a mile. He has a problem with positional sense. It has cost us a few goals. 

Where have a defend Mowbray today. I have posted my doubts on Nyambe for the past couple of seasons on here. 

Going by the same argument that people use to justify keeping Mowbray

When Nyambe leaves who do you bring in to be one of the best 6 right backs in the league then with the budget we are likely to have?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Phew, only 28 games in! I was getting worried for a few years there.

Right, so now he claims we are only just building our "identity" and the last few seasons were just to consolidate our position.

This is literally, the slowest build ever.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of identity we are trying to build now? We have very little shape, organisation and the players often look like they just met in the car park before kick off.

They built the pyramids quicker than this!

(Mind you, Tony wasn't on that job!)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I completely disagree with every single sentence in this post. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe isn't a prospect anymore, he is 23 years old now. I ain't his biggest fan of Nyambe over the past of seasons. His defensive game isn't good enough still. Why this haven't improve over the last 2 seasons I don't know. I think we need a new right back

If he hasn't improved over the last 2 season it because the manager:

• Likes to throw him under the bus
  • Doesn't believe in formations (this helps no one)
  • Can't organise a defence to save his life
  • Has poor coaching staff

Nyambe is a decent right back and under a better manager who actually gives the team some shape, organisation and pays some attention to the defence, he would improve no end.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Barnsley are doing very well at the moment, my head says we will have a hard night to get all 3bpoints and I am not sure our players are up to it, on present form.

I hope he is under pressure, he should be, both from within the club and India. He is failing by his own standards and does not appear capable enough to turn matters around. We will see.

I think you’re right re tonight. 

When was the last time we played well?

Serious question....we were playing well at the beginning of the season. Even a couple of the losses like Watford and Bournemouth were excellent performances...but I genuinely can’t remember the last time we actually played well...Preston away?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who is our best defender then? He has no positional problem the problem is that the manager is asking him to do the jobs of 2 players because he will not play with wingers. The first goal the other night a fantastic case in point Nyambe does what a good full back should and covers his centre backs who are out of position and then the winger should cover Nyambe and track Cunningham but we don't play with wingers.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which means that he will either go for free next summer or the club will have to cash in this summer but with him only having 12 months left he would still go for a fraction of what he is really worth. Either way it's a bad result for Rovers.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Name six better then? The only two I can think of are Aarons and Esteves (who is on loan from FC Porto). I'd then have Nyambe in third just ahead of Connor Roberts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I think his comments today indicate that he is under pressure.. G

I think Thats is fair comment to make. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

When Nyambe leaves who do you bring in to be one of the best 6 right backs in the league then with the budget we are likely to have?

well I ain't a scout firstly but we can't afford Max Arrons or Connor Roberts who for are the best 2 rights back in this league. 

I did say this past summer we should have gone for Nathan Byrne from Wigan before he moved to Derby. I would still look at him this summer. Another names are Romeo from Millwall or Brittain from Barnsley. 

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Serious question....we were playing well at the beginning of the season. Even a couple of the losses like Watford and Bournemouth were excellent performances...but I genuinely can’t remember the last time we actually played well...Preston away?

I reckon it was Brentford away.

Then we got sussed out and have been rotten ever since, despite winning/scabbing a few games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The problem with Nyambe is that he doesn't stop enough crosses getting into our box, nor does he deliver quality crosses into the opposition's box.

Having said that, he probably is the best defender we have, but that just about sums up the whole defensive situation.

Completely disagree, he does deliver good crosses into the box.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think you’re right re tonight. 

That’s the last game that stands out as an excellent performance.

Spot on with what you say about our early season form. We are now a far cry away from anything approaching those early performances, and Mowbray appears to be getting increasingly desperate, but equally unable to recreate it. 

Sadly those performances seem to be the exception. The last couple of months of dross looks to be Mowbray’s normal.

• Like 1

Life is difficult enough at the moment without having to read / listen to what is , IMO, patronising bullsh1t on an almost daily basis from Mowbray.

Today's LT article is, IMO, a p1ss taker in the extreme.

For God sake Mowbray, just feck off back to Teeside and fill your guts with your beloved lemon drizzle cake.

We want honesty, hope, ambition, hunger and excitement from a new manager.

• Like 5

Just now, Mercer said:

Life is difficult enough at the moment without having to read / listen to what is , IMO, patronising bullsh1t on an almost daily basis from Mowbray.

Today's LT article is, IMO, a p1ss taker in the extreme.

For God sake Mowbray, just feck off back to Teeside and fill your guts with your beloved lemon drizzle cake.

We want honesty, hope, ambition, hunger and excitement from a new manager.

Surely that's a man under pressure, or he's completely lost his marbles

• Like 1

Still reeling from Mowbray’s LT  interview where his words used to surprise me but they now make me weep ....I would take a defeat tonight if it hastened his departure and that of his weary back room staff.

I come to this decision based on current league position , the teams yet to face...Brentford, Swansea, Watford, Norwich...and others who will be far better coached and managed to face a run in than we are ....

He will be nowhere near the top 6 and all we are doing is treading water...if we get rid now there’s a chance of contracts being signed, of has beens being removed , of a fan base entering Ewood again ....do you remember the promotion game ... “ We’re on our way back “......we are most definitely...on our way back to mediocrity, feeble acceptance....and don’t tell me no manager would take it ....as @Mattyblue said this job is a gig and a half....

I will take defeat at Barnsley tonight.....my God....just how far have we fallen 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The problem with Nyambe is that he doesn't stop enough crosses getting into our box, nor does he deliver quality crosses into the opposition's box.

Having said that, he probably is the best defender we have, but that just about sums up the whole defensive situation.

It's like a lot of modern fullback play. He's being asked to play a yard or two too near the centre halves so he can give them support. That gives whoever's out on the wing  a bit more time to get set up for a cross. The old first rule of full back play - try and keep your opponent facing back down the pitch and don't let them turn with the ball- is really difficult to achieve if you're under instruction to play nearer to the centre haves.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about being on a journey, is you can re set the milometer anytime you want...

“I think we’re really only 28 games into this journey, not four years”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19095433.tony-mowbray-says-rovers-promotion-journey-just-begun/

Pass me the feckin rope😵

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good thing about being on a journey, is you can re set the milometer anytime you want...

“I think we’re really only 28 games into this journey, not four years”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19095433.tony-mowbray-says-rovers-promotion-journey-just-begun/

This latest interview makes me feel sick. Its almost as if he knows the fans have lost faith, but he also knows hes running the show, will never be under any pressure and is basically on the wind up. 

Taking full advantage of having no fans allowed to games.

Edited by benhben

Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.Tony, Tony, its time to fook off.

Please

• Like 8