BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, booth said:

Which is weird because in all of his interviews I could understand him perfectly.

I was once in the changing room for that Premier League winning team and no one seemed to have any problems understanding or communicating with Kenny, who was in high spirits. Ray Harford unsurprisingly, seemed bloody depressed.

I understood his interviews, but I was present when the ex player said it so I believe him.  Maybe it was just when he got annoyed on the training pitch; I don't know but it was said by someone I had no reason to doubt.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I understood his interviews, but I was present when the ex player said it so I believe him.  Maybe it was just when he got annoyed on the training pitch; I don't know but it was said by someone I had no reason to doubt.

People talk differently when in an informal setting than when in a professional environment. I know loads of scousers and geordies similar. 

Probably explains it.

I once spent a brief amount of time with the Dalglish family, and couldn't understand a bloody word Kenny said. Any questions he asked me I just nodded, said 'Yes', and hoped for the best.

But whenever he's on TV every word is clear as day.

Your story checks out. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Met Kenny and his family, including the (back then) gorgeous Kelly (about my age at the time too) and his son Paul when on holiday in La Manga the season after we won the league. Only spoke to him for a few minutes but I never had any trouble understanding him.

And no, I did not manage to pull Kelly, though she did comment on the Joop aftershave I was wearing.

Joop!  Dear god.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Didn't someone get the sign on US wrestling live across the globe 😂

Yep, somebody got Goldberg to say Venky's Out as well, although he probably had no idea what is was all about!

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone seen the recent Rovers tweet "

🏠💙 𝐄𝐏.

#Rovers 🔵https://t.co/Jg1fv4pH6h"

Any idea what this is about or just a loving picture of Ewood park? Lol 

It’s probably to do with the new price reductions to get fans back into the ground. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/october/06/new-ticketing-initiatives-introduced-/

Sheff Utd game - £14.60 all seats for our 146th year - Who the hell thought of that bollox? Who celebrates 146yrs? Make it £10 a seat and stop the amateurish nonsense. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Gav said:

Sheff Utd game - £14.60 all seats for our 146th year - Who the hell thought of that bollox? Who celebrates 146yrs? Make it £10 a seat and stop the amateurish nonsense. 

Agreed. Who marks a 146th anniversary. 99% of the time they’re guilty of not thinking at all then someone does do some thinking they come out with almost childish ideas. Still I’d take their half arsed thinking over their usual doing nothing. What a club. 

* perhaps they’re keen on marking 146 years as they don’t believe we’ll see 150. I have my doubts with these clowns running it. The debt will be £300 million by then. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Isn't the night time puc about lower pricing for evening games?

Gumboots If you mean when should it be made public, any time is the right time. At last he’s listened to the supporters. With social media being what most people use there’s no right time anymore.

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Gumboots If you mean when should it be made public, any time is the right time. At last he’s listened to the supporters. With social media being what most people use there’s no right time anymore.

No. People were commenting on the pic on twitter showing Ewood at night. I think they're showing that because evening match prices are being reduced, that's all.