BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Ive Really been biting my tongue about shitty Mowbray the last month or so and giving him some (deserved) leeway due to the excellent form leading up to the new year and hoping that the last few weeks where just a blip, but naaa , its the first half or so of the season that was a blip, now its back to Tonys clueless ways and sadly also reaping the just deserts of another poor transfer window.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Ive Really been biting my tongue about shitty Mowbray the last month or so and giving him some (deserved) leeway due to the excellent form leading up to the new year and hoping that the last few weeks where just a blip, but naaa , its the first half or so of the season that was a blip, now its back to Tonys clueless ways and sadly also reaping the just deserts of another poor transfer window.

The transfer window was a total non event , I think the owners made their ambitions for the club totally clear ...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He has to go now doesn't he? Try and salvage something out of the season. God only knows where the next goal is coming from let alone the next win.

I've felt until tonight that it was a case of get to the end of the season. But I'm now thinking a managerial change this week is the one roll of the dice that might turn our fortunes around in time to salvage a top 6 finish this time around. It won't happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s exactly it. All this about a ‘great season’ by posters who should know better, just isn’t backed up by the facts.

As you say middling August to early November, then a cracking most of November and December, poor since -  with a record home defeat and scoreless run in there to boot.

If this is ‘great’, ‘fantastic’, thoroughly enjoyable’, then that probably says more about the last decade and how far standards have dropped at the club and in the stands than anything else…

Hang on a minute, the facts are born out by the people that sit in the stands, not by one game against Fulham and a few games without scoring, thats just nonsense. 

You may well have hated every minute of this season, I think we've seen some tremendous football played by this young side, much better than I've seen since these morons took over the club.

Your facts are your facts, I judge by what I see on the pitch and this is the best side I've seen since this lot took over

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hang on a minute, the facts are born out by the people that sit in the stands, not by one game against Fulham and a few games without scoring, thats just nonsense. 

You may well have hated every minute of this season, I think we've seen some tremendous football played by this young side, much better than I've seen since these morons took over the club.

Your facts are your facts, I judge by what I see on the pitch and this is the best side I've seen since this lot took over

That’s a pretty low bar. I’ve seen some real shite served up by Rovers in the last ten years.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

It's a very strange club that has this observable pattern. Definitely indicative of an issue. Yes, this season the peak has been higher, but that's solely down to Diaz. 

I think someone do said before, Mowbray buyers about until he gives a system that gets results, then he slowly gets found out and the system starts losing, and then he starts buggering about again. 

He's mad

• Like 1

It's painful as, I think, this is our "golden generation" to be picked off come the summer. Mowbray spurned the talents of Armstrong and Elliot last year and he risks replicating that, somewhat, this campaign.

Gallagher as wing forward just has to come to an end. I'd like Buckley to play central midfield, in a three, but as a No.10, he stands a chance if he has skilful and fast players ahead of him. Not Gallagher, who is a traditional centre forward and nothing else.

I think we can still make the play-offs, but a lot rests on Buckley and Gallagher, for different reasons, and, on the team staying fit. An injury to, say, Wharton, and I think you can say goodbye - and, God rest, for some time.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

The ups and downs this season have been way up and way down,from the worst ever home result to the amazing run up to the 2nd in the league to now on a record setting goalless run,one thing you can't say is its been boring.

If we don't go up i just think it's time for the club to say thanks for your work the last 5 years Tony but it's time to try someone else.The only problem is i have no confidence that the next manager will be any better looking at the other appointments since Venkys took over but you never know until it's been done.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

The ups and downs this season have been way up and way down,from the worst ever home result to the amazing run up to the 2nd in the league to now on a record setting goalless run,one thing you can't say is its been boring.

If we don't go up i just think it's time for the club to say thanks for your work the last 5 years Tony but it's time to try someone else.The only problem is i have no confidence that the next manager will be any better looking at the other appointments since Venkys took over but you never know until it's been done.

He’s got to go. You can’t keep rewarding failure. It’s either him or me at the end of this season. The club ain’t big enough for both of us.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No my facts are the facts, your feelings are not facts.

Average results apart from November and December, and yes, I enjoyed those wins. But it was two months, a season is nine.

I go to games to the watch the football, win lose or draw, I'm gutted tonight and bloody cold, but we played well, the facts will tell you we lost, I enjoyed the game as many other did too. 

Stop talking bobbins. 

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I go to games to the watch the football, win lose or draw, I'm gutted tonight and bloody cold, but we played well, the facts will tell you we lost, I enjoyed the game as many other did too. 

Stop talking bobbins. 

we did`nt play well,we created **** all when sheff utd blew themselves out after a good 20 minutes they were there for the taking,we had plenty of the ball but did`nt do anything with it,it`s like going back to last season,plenty of possesion but absolutely no end product,we` ve stopped driving forward with the ball and getting behind the opponents defence

• Like 4

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Gav said:

.... this is the best side I've seen since this lot took over

Just read that true sentence again.....let it sink in....factor in the 11 year time length.....tonight's 92nd min loss....to a team with 10 men....absolutely devastating a fantastic promotion push. 

And remind me again why I'm foolish not to share in your revelry.  

I admire the spirit, i agree it was a good passing performance,  I'm glad you were entertained, but let's not ignore the obvious.... this is grim. 

The grimmest of the grim.

We'll look back at tonight come the end of the season, and we'll hurt. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Silas said:

Just read that true sentence again.....let it sink in....factor in the 11 year time length.....tonight's 92nd min loss....to a team with 10 men....absolutely devastating a fantastic promotion push. 

And remind me again why I'm foolish not to share in your revelry.  

I admire the spirit, i agree it was a good passing performance,  I'm glad you were entertained, but let's not ignore the obvious.... this is grim. 

The grimmest of the grim.

We'll look back at tonight come the end of the season, and we'll hurt. 

If you live in a land of Premiership football I can see your point, but I’ve got news for you, those days are long gone.

If you started watching football in 70’s, endured the mostly awful 80’s, what we are watching right now isn’t that bad.

This season is progress under these owners, progress under this manager, whether you like it or not and I hate these bloody owners.

Edited by Gav

43 minutes ago, Gav said:

Stop talking bobbins. 

Bobbins to point out results have been average outside two months? Ok. 

Well that’s where we differ, I’ve never enjoyed us losing, and I certainly don’t enjoy us throwing away such a golden opportunity. But fair enough, with you being a non regular these days that’s it’s more about enjoying a game of football and the day out.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He has to go now doesn't he? Try and salvage something out of the season. God only knows where the next goal is coming from let alone the next win.

Yep, agreed.

The good run to 2nd has just masked the same old stuff that's being going on for the last few seasons. 

Back down to earth with an incredible bump but still just about enough of a chance to do something this season but not if we keep Mowbray. 

If we keep him, and I have no doubts they will do, We'll fall out of the playoffs and hit another purple patch of decent form when it's just about too late and we'll fall short. 

We all know it's coming.

• Like 2