BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I think Mowbray's future will be determined by himself.

Regardless of what happens between now and May I think Venkys will be happy for him to continue and if he gets his meeting in India they will invite him to stay on.

The question will be whether he wants to begin another cycle and spend the next 2-3 years going through another pointless rebuild working for lunatics. He was clearly fed up last season and ready to go, was kept on because the people owning the club are incompetent and has somehow managed to surpass expectations this season which might have reignited his passion.

Then again it is relegation form since the start of the year. No excuses for that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think Mowbray's future will be determined by himself.

Regardless of what happens between now and May I think Venkys will be happy for him to continue and if he gets his meeting in India they will invite him to stay on.

The question will be whether he wants to begin another cycle and spend the next 2-3 years going through another pointless rebuild working for lunatics. He was clearly fed up last season and ready to go, was kept on because the people owning the club are incompetent and has somehow managed to surpass expectations this season which might have reignited his passion.

Then again it is relegation form since the start of the year. No excuses for that.

It’s not just relegation form, it’s bottom of the table form.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think people are going OOT asking Mowbray to leave. 

Mowbray has been very good with the squad and We have keep clean sheets this season. 

The time to talk about Mowbray's future is after the league finishes or the promotion playoffs. 

When you’ve got 8 players who rarely if ever get into the last third of the pitch you will have a good defence. You will also find chances and goals thin on the ground. The 3 up front have to be clinical with the few chances that come along and we aren’t 

There's no doubt TM has done a great job this season with a very limited squad. We do have some very talented players but the problem was always going to be when we picked up injuries to key players. The formation and the tactics are exactly the same as they were when we were winning games but it's a big ask for the same players to perform at high levels across the entire season. That's why we always see the inevitable drop off around Feb time. We needed to sign some attacking quality in Jan but we didn't. 

I agree with the post above that TM will probably decide to go bid farewell to the club in the summer. It's going to be a summer of rebuilding the squad and I don't think TM has the appetite for that. 

I'm hoping we can sell Diaz for 20m (although that may be a big stretch after a poor second half of the season) and we can invest in some good talent. We will lose half our team in the summer if you include the two brighton loanees, so it's a complete re-set and a good time for a new manager to come in.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has been very good with the squad and We have keep clean sheets this season. 

The time to talk about Mowbray's future is after the league finishes or the promotion playoffs. 

The back 3, which has been great this season is being wasted though by the players in front of them, that same defence is also torn apart at the end of the season. Its a solid foundation to build upon, but if we don't do that this season we're literally back to square 1.

I really do shudder to think how we'll line up next season, in the championship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will go oot to ask him to leave. Straight to his house

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I'd get Mark Hughes back as manager if Mowbray bolloxes this up

Wow, rocks up at Bradford.  Would love to see the deal he's signed - wouldn't surprise me if there's a potential equity share if he gets them moving up the leagues.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I disagree, this season has brought a bit of pride and passion back to the club for me, something I've not experienced for a decade or more. It will be extremely disappointing if we fail to make the playoffs from the position we were in yes, but its not unexpected with the tin pot outfit running the club, threadbare squad and the mid table budget. 

Not everyone feels the same way I'm sure, as I was trying to get across to Matty last night, but its going to be a big summer coming up regardless of which division we find ourselves in. 

Pride and passion is the baseline.  To get excited about that must mean the last 11 years have been absolute shite. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mowbray at very best is bang average.

No matter what the outcome is this season, IMO, he has to go.

If we don't go up this season, and I now think it's no more than a 10% chance we will, we will be in one hell of a feckin mess when va Hecke and Khadra return to Brighton, if Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell bugger off without a penny in Rovers' coffers and Brereton is inevitably sold (why will he hang around).

It will be disastrous for the club if we don't go up this season and that disaster, IMO, is mainly attributable to Tony, I think I'm Pep but really I'm dinosaurial, Mowbray.  IMO, in over 5 years of Mowbray, we will not be much further on than when he arrived - stagnation at best.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Aaaaaaand he's back.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Pride and passion is the baseline.  To get excited about that must mean the last 11 years have been absolute shite. 

You'll get nobody on here arguing with you on that point.

They have been shite, abysmal in fact, this season not so much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

You'll get nobody on here arguing with you on that point.

They have been shite, abysmal in fact, this season not so much.

We’ve had roughly speaking two good months Gav, other than that - business as usual. In fact from the point of view of scoring goals this is the worst death spiral of the lot.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

No it doesn’t matter when the points are accrued.

But the form of the team does give you pointers - the fact we went on a cracking run, but have been average to poor on either side of it, points to a team merely on a rich vein of form that has now subsided, not a team that is good enough to accrue enough points over 46 games.

Edited by Mattyblue
I was responding to a ‘99 post that has vanished…
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve had roughly speaking two good months Gav, other than that - business as usual. In fact from the point of view of scoring goals this is the worst death spiral of the lot.

As I said to Matty yesterday, I couldn't disagree more.

This season has a different feel to it, maybe because more of the side are firing, but its been different than every other season under Venkys. Yes it will probably have the same ending, but for me and the fans I know its been different and strangely enjoyable for once.

Some of the performances have been the best since I've seen in over 10yrs, Sheff Utd at home stands, but untimely where I do agree with Matty its about winning and sadly I've felt for a long time we'll fall just short.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

This season has a different feel to it, maybe because more of the side are firing, but its been different than every other season under Venkys. Yes it will probably have the same ending, but for me and the fans I know its been different and strangely enjoyable for once.

Some of the performances have been the best since I've seen in over 10yrs, Sheff Utd at home stands, but untimely where I do agree with Matty its about winning and sadly I've felt for a long time we'll fall just short.

Falling short is mowbray's mantra 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can take the string defeats that have come along on a regular basis, if we score the odd goal and compete. Like any fan, there is nothing like the feeling of seeing your team hit the back of the net. To go 5 games and not do what the game is all about even once, it totally crazy. I can only liken it to going to the theatre and all the actors use sign language instead of speech and you don't know any.

Perhaps another analogy is the alcohol free beer. Tony has served up 5 games and taken all of our goals out.

Blackburn Rovers new nickname BARBICAN. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

If we eventually fall short though, surely that would override a few good performances?

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

No matter what the outcome is this season, IMO, he has to go.

so if we got playoffs and promotion via that you would not renew his contract? really? 

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

If we don't go up this season, and I now think it's no more than a 10% chance we will,

really? now you have predict that, Rovers odds have gone up already just be you posting that. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve had roughly speaking two good months Gav

so you are going to ignore good performances and wins we had early in the seasons like Swansea at home, Forest away, Cardiff at home? and you judge the manager and the playing squad over a season not just when we get poor results

We went into November and began that cracking run of wins, sitting 12th, so of course, we had won some games pre then or we’d have been bottom. But obviously 12th tells you’d we’d been bang average before November, just like we have post December… so yes two great months.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If we eventually fall short though, surely that would override a few good performances?

Nope.

I've enjoyed this season so far, going up was never in the equation, disappointed yes, gutted even, but its been a good season regardless, the best since those muppets took over the club.

Just my opinion of course, Venkys out.