BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFC - The Nostalgia Thread

4 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

The Sheff Utd fans clearly changing ends at half time…😀

It used to happen all the time at Ewood. When I got on the ground I’d wait in the middle of the Riverside and move to whatever end we were attacking when we kicked off. At half time I’d make my way to the other end. Usually we attacked the Blackburn End in the second half if we could.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It used to happen all the time at Ewood. When I got on the ground I’d wait in the middle of the Riverside and move to whatever end we were attacking when we kicked off. At half time I’d make my way to the other end. Usually we attacked the Blackburn End in the second half if we could.

never had the pleasure of doing that at ewood😒,was there no trouble with the fans passing each other???

8 hours ago, 47er said:

There was trouble occasionally. The worst I remember is v Liverpool where we met round about the halfway line on the Riverside. 1962?

I remember another Liverpool game , might have been that game though, were the Liverpool fans didn’t bother going via the Riverside but went straight down the pitch like a scene from the film “ Zulu “.

These two photos were from when we played Manchester United, mid 1960s, think it was the season we went down. All good natured stuff, no fighting, just changing ends at half time. The gap on the Blackburn End/Riverside corner was just that. A gap which was tiny. Much easier and quicker to go via the pitch but, obviously, that was usually frowned upon.

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That must have been a big game. That area between the Riverside Stand and the Darwen End was always sparsely populated normally. Maybe the wind blew through there ? 

Looking in my Jackman’s it could  only have been versus Rotherham on 25th March in front of nearly 26k. It’s the only goal Crossan scored at Ewood in 1952! 

• Like 1