JHRover Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said: Its was Josh who posted the Dack story to WBA in December 2019 so 7 months. Palace are looking for younger players so Travis would suit that philosophy. https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/roy-hodgsons-comments-pre-crystal-palace-v-tottenham-hotspur/ If West Ham lose Rice to Chelsea, I think Travis would be good replacement. You complain about rumours but a number of people have posted them in a last few days but I notice you DIDN'T complain then!!! I don't like speculation about selling our best players. I don't like clowns like Nixon doing it and I don't like how all the talk going into the summer is about who we can sell and how much we can get. We should be looking upwards as a club. We should be adding better players to replace those departed whilst fighting tooth and nail to keep our best players. Of course if a Premier League club decides to bid for one then it might become difficult to keep them. That's life. But I don't like this attitude of almost as though it is a foregone conclusion, necessary etc. It isn't. Nor have I seen anything other than made up rumours on here of anyone taking interest in our players. What happens here though is Rovers show themselves open for business, players become unsettled or feel unwanted or feel the club isn't ambitious and then other Championship clubs come along with cheeky bids. We need to strengthen, not weaken. The league is there for the taking. 5 Quote
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
Bigdoggsteel Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said: Nothing wrong with rumours Chaddy, but this is complete conjecture. Travis is a good Championship midfielder but he isn't near Premier League standard and the chances of West Ham getting £60 Million or whatever the figure might be for Rice and them signing Travis to replace him is fantasy. Rice is miles ahead of Travis. Don't like that guy though, traitor 1 Quote
Sparks Rover Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 23 minutes ago, Paul Mani said: Hasn’t grown or played enough yet Bruce. But I can tell you with even more certainty than Sparks did about Whiteman, that the two clubs who have been monitoring and making contact about him will not even flinch at spending 8 figures on him. He’s the “chosen one”...not my words! I'll believe it when i see it. He's so far behind some 18 year olds, never mind his own age. Just don't get your fascination with the lad. You should put some meat on the bones about the 2 clubs 2 Quote
Moderation Lead Popular Post K-Hod Posted July 29, 2020 Moderation Lead Popular Post Posted July 29, 2020 1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said: Walton,Tosin and Cunningham duly arrived. Where are they now? I know where we are. Back to square one, needing a keeper (probs 2) and more defenders again. Progress eh? 10 Quote
Tugayisgod Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 49 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said: Many, many players have had a similar injury at his age or older and not only came back the same, but better. With modern medical and fitness procedures, it's not the injury that it once was. I agree it is unlikely someone will bid that for him now, but I think that's lucky for us. Of course players can get injured again, but nowadays I think players expect to actually come back stronger from these type of injuries. Accepting £10 million now would be stupid. There is a very long list of worse players who moved for more than that. If he starts well in his first 3 games back, let alone say 5, he will be back in the £15-20 million bracket. Shearer missed half of his first season with Blackburn through injury after snapping his right anterior cruciate ligament in a match against Leeds United in December 1992, but scored 16 goals in the 21 games in which he did feature.[9] Didn't do too bad for us after that! 1 Quote
Richard Oakley Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 56 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said: £10m for lenihan, and O’Connell? Deary me ?? Sheffield United have made the same bid two summers running. Why do you think they wouldn't make it a third summer in a row? Certainly, "Deary you!", if you don't think Lenihan is worth that. I expect bids for Lenihan, Travis, Evans, Nyambe, Armstrong and Dack. I'd certainly prefer to not sell these players and have funds to bring in new ones. I'd transfer list Bell,Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett, Johnson and Holtby. Of course, there's no guarantee that any funds raised in transfers goes to bringing in new players. As I don't expect a transfer budget, as things currently stand, Downing is an expensive luxury we can't afford given our needs in other areas. Quote
Ewood Ace Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, Richard Oakley said: Sheffield United have made the same bid two summers running. Why do you think they wouldn't make it a third summer in a row? Certainly, "Deary you!", if you don't think Lenihan is worth that. I think the 'Deary Me' was more at the fact you suggested that they would throw O'Connell into a deal. 1 Quote
bluebruce Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, Richard Oakley said: Sheffield United have made the same bid two summers running. Why do you think they wouldn't make it a third summer in a row? Certainly, "Deary you!", if you don't think Lenihan is worth that. Pretty sure it's more because you're now adding O'Connell into the mix, a Premiership defender who is probably better than Lenihan....plus the ten million. Anyway, never heard of them bidding 10 mill for him, let alone two seasons running. We know they bid a lowball when we got relegated, heard nothing about bids since. Where are you getting this? Quote
RoversClitheroe Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said: Sheffield United have made the same bid two summers running. Why do you think they wouldn't make it a third summer in a row? Certainly, "Deary you!", if you don't think Lenihan is worth that. I expect bids for Lenihan, Travis, Evans, Nyambe, Armstrong and Dack. I'd certainly prefer to not sell these players and have funds to bring in new ones. I'd transfer list Bell,Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett, Johnson and Holtby. Of course, there's no guarantee that any funds raised in transfers goes to bringing in new players. As I don't expect a transfer budget, as things currently stand, Downing is an expensive luxury we can't afford given our needs in other areas. The one flaw in your message is that: O'Connell costs a LOT more than Lenihan. 1 Quote
tomphil Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 I think i'd rather have Nyambe running his deal down for another season and hope we do well. Hope he changes his mind and signs another rather than cash him in for a few million now which will disappear. Then a season of capt fantastic in that spot, suit Mowbray down to the ground that would. 3 Quote
LeftWinger Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, RoversClitheroe said: The one flaw in your message is that: O'Connell costs a LOT more than Lenihan. It's just a shame we can't produce players through our own academy of the quality of O'Connell. Oh hang on a minute ? 4 Quote
Richard Oakley Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, RoversClitheroe said: The one flaw in your message is that: O'Connell costs a LOT more than Lenihan. Ah, I see. It would depend whether Sheffield United do, as well. Quote
chaddyrovers Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 59 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said: Nothing wrong with rumours Chaddy, but this is complete conjecture. Travis is a good Championship midfielder but he isn't near Premier League standard and the chances of West Ham getting £60 Million or whatever the figure might be for Rice and them signing Travis to replace him is fantasy. Palace are looking for younger players. I think Travis is Premier League Standard would be good enough in that league. They could be interest in Travis from West Ham. Its been pointed on here today that a 10 million pounds bid has been made for one of our players which IMO it can only be 3 players. 52 minutes ago, JHRover said: I don't like speculation about selling our best players. I don't like clowns like Nixon doing it and I don't like how all the talk going into the summer is about who we can sell and how much we can get. We should be looking upwards as a club. We should be adding better players to replace those departed whilst fighting tooth and nail to keep our best players. Of course if a Premier League club decides to bid for one then it might become difficult to keep them. That's life. But I don't like this attitude of almost as though it is a foregone conclusion, necessary etc. It isn't. Nor have I seen anything other than made up rumours on here of anyone taking interest in our players. What happens here though is Rovers show themselves open for business, players become unsettled or feel unwanted or feel the club isn't ambitious and then other Championship clubs come along with cheeky bids. We need to strengthen, not weaken. The league is there for the taking. I haven't posted anything from Nixon on here. Mowbray could have been told he has to be sell one of best players to raise funds to buy players with to improve the squad. Who knows. Leeds sold Jannson last summer and win the league or Brentford sold Maupay last summer and reinvested in the squad and finish 3rd in the league. 1 Quote
Hoochie Bloochie Mama Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 4 minutes ago, bluebruce said: Pretty sure it's more because you're now adding O'Connell into the mix, a Premiership defender who is probably better than Lenihan....plus the ten million. Anyway, never heard of them bidding 10 mill for him, let alone two seasons running. We know they bid a lowball when we got relegated, heard nothing about bids since. Where are you getting this? An obvious point perhaps, but O'Connell is only a Prem defender because he plays there! He was in our reserves a few years ago and in League 1 with Sheff Utd 3 years ago. Put Lenihan in the Prem for a season and he'd be worth a lot more than £10m I reckon. 1 Quote
chaddyrovers Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 6 minutes ago, tomphil said: I think i'd rather have Nyambe running his deal down for another season and hope we do well. Hope he changes his mind and signs another rather than cash him in for a few million now which will disappear. Then a season of capt fantastic in that spot, suit Mowbray down to the ground that would. Where has I would look to him on and get the best fee we can and not risk going to tribunal like Josh King or Junior Hoilett Quote
chaddyrovers Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, Jlee1984 said: Where has this 10m rumour come from? https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34532-summer-transfer-window/&do=findComment&comment=2085904 Quote
Sparks Rover Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, chaddyrovers said: Where has I would look to him on and get the best fee we can and not risk going to tribunal like Josh King or Junior Hoilett Who cares about the money, I'd rather a competent player Quote
Hoochie Bloochie Mama Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, Jlee1984 said: Where has this 10m rumour come from? @arbitro said he'd been told there was a £10m bid in for one of players. 1 Quote
Rover8T4 Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, chaddyrovers said: https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34532-summer-transfer-window/&do=findComment&comment=2085904 Thank you ? 1 Quote
LeftWinger Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said: An obvious point perhaps, but O'Connell is only a Prem defender because he plays there! He was in our reserves a few years ago and in League 1 with Sheff Utd 3 years ago. Put Lenihan in the Prem for a season and he'd be worth a lot more than £10m I reckon. O'Connell is a regular in statistically the 4th best defence in the Premier League this season. Lenihan a regular in the 13th best defence in the Championship. Appreciate there are other members of these defences - but not a chance they'd offer 10m plus O'Connell. 2 Quote
47er Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Only Dack would command a fee of £10M but its not enough. Armstrong is a striker so a fee for him would be more than he's worth but £10m for him I can't see. There is an intelligent way to deal with Dack. Take him aside and remind him of the loyalty we've shown him and get him to sign a new contract with a trigger clause in it. If he comes back well from injury he'll get the move he maybe wants supposing its the right club from his point of view and Rovers get what he's worth. I'm not suggesting a fee, he'll want it as low as poss, we'll want it higher. Its a matter of negotiation. Whatever happens we cannot let his contract run down and somebody should be able to convince him of the unfairness of that. Now is there anyone at Ewood capable of doing this? 1 Quote
chaddyrovers Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, Sparks Rover said: Who cares about the money, I'd rather a competent player I rather have the money if the player won't sign a new contract. Quote
Hoochie Bloochie Mama Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, LeftWinger said: O'Connell is a regular in statistically the 4th best defence in the Premier League this season. Lenihan a regular in the 13th best defence in the Championship. Appreciate there are other members of these defences - but not a chance they'd offer 10m plus O'Connell. I didn't say they'd offer 10m + O'Connell - just that Lenihan is worth £10m. Wilder would improve him no end, just like he has with Egan, Basham and O'Connell - all lower league defenders a few years ago. Quote
Sparks Rover Posted July 29, 2020 Posted July 29, 2020 Just now, chaddyrovers said: I rather have the money if the player won't sign a new contract. And Bennett at RB all season? No way, Jose 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.