BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

2 hours ago, damo100 said:

I'm sure Swag mentioned around £3m being spent for ground improvements at the end of last season. 

Not heard or seen anything. 

Is this yet another lie in Swags long list of fibbing?

when i drove past a couple of weeks ago,the steelwork looked like it had been cleaned but the perspex on the side of the stands was still a shade of dirty green

39 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I thought it had been reported at the end of the season that a chunk of money had been earmarked for stadium maintenance? 

but it all depends what has been earmark what is more important? Probably work we don't see regular when we visit Ewood Park 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

but it all depends what has been earmark what is more important? Probably work we don't see regular when we visit Ewood Park 

Or more likely they'll be doing fuck all like the last 14 years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

CHEERS STEVIE BABY

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Like what?

Maintaining the roof, steel structure, painting and cleaning the concourse, fixing steps on the walk ways, new seats if any of broken. 

24 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m sure someone can dig it out, but was £3m not mentioned as being set aside for the stadium maintenance? I’m sure it came from Waggott either in the LT or via WATR. 

Ask the Fans Forum or WATR to ask at their next meeting what work has gone on. 

51 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m sure someone can dig it out, but was £3m not mentioned as being set aside for the stadium maintenance? I’m sure it came from Waggott either in the LT or via WATR. 

I seem to remember it was specifically for painting/repairing the underside of the stands where paint has flaked off and is in a state of disrepair. I was told that it has been put out to tender and three prices have been quoted but in typical Punekar fashion nothing has been done yet.

• Like 1

I've read point 9. What in the world are vomitories?

Also, if Venkys have reiterated that money is no object as long as it doesn't compromise FFP, why aren't they sending over the millions needed to put the whole ground into a state of excellent repair?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bazza said:

I've read point 9. What in the world are vomitories?

Also, if Venkys have reiterated that money is no object as long as it doesn't compromise FFP, why aren't they sending over the millions needed to put the whole ground into a state of excellent repair?

The passages which lead to the exits.

• Like 1

• Backroom
On 09/07/2024 at 16:23, lraC said:

Thank goodness for that. I thought it was where we go to empty the content of our Stomachs!!!

You’ve obviously been to a few games this season…

• Like 1

As I was queuing outside the Roverstore yesterday I noticed that one of the wooden food outlets was being painted or weather proofed. As this was happening I looked at the grubby exterior of the Blackburn End, rust coming through some girders above the Blues Bar and the big picture of Ronnie Clayton looking tired and tarnished. And my thoughts were that it summed up the last 14 years under the Punekars in that £15 on a tin of creasote is fine but the bigger things are just festering and withering.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

As I was queuing outside the Roverstore yesterday I noticed that one of the wooden food outlets was being painted or weather proofed. As this was happening I looked at the grubby exterior of the Blackburn End, rust coming through some girders above the Blues Bar and the big picture of Ronnie Clayton looking tired and tarnished. And my thoughts were that it summed up the last 14 years under the Punekars in that £15 on a tin of creasote is fine but the bigger things are just festering and withering.

I'd wager the fractured concrete steps (N01) are still in disrepair  with crumble and metal protuding.