BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

2 hours ago, Mum63 said:

Yes they wait 2 days before first match  and now already today not even 6.45 am and they are jet washing Blackburn end 

Just occurred to them that there is a problem and it might be a bit embarrassing when the fans turn up on Friday together with the Sky cameras and see the state of it.

So all hands to the pump to make the facade presentable.

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Initially you mean, or thats it? Surely the former although nothing surprises me anymore.

From what I’ve been told, Blackburn end only.

No doubt we will see if that’s true on Friday.

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

steady on,you did`nt expect them to pay for the whole ground to cleaned did you🤒,the other stands will be done in the coming decades

I thought they might have used the extra money they are getting, by dumping Peter Jackson, the jewellers 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Next Fans Forum please can you ask why the history murals were removed? As one of the ‘replacement’ signages there looks just a tad pathetic. @K-Hod @only2garners

Absolutely will- whereabouts in the ground is this? Just so I've got exactly the right info.

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

I’ll get pictures when I’m at the Blackpool game, but can we check that Waggott knows filling in the gaps in cracked steps with cement without levelling them does not constitute a repair?

Particularly thinking of the steps in the JWL that lead up to the seats from the concourse.

Edited by Mike E

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely will- whereabouts in the ground is this? Just so I've got exactly the right info.

That’s the Jack Walker/Darwen End connecting bridge (for want of a better word), one was there.

The other one was on the Blackburn End/Jack Walker connector on the other side.

I mean it is bad enough when they still haven't sorted out the car park area where the church used to be, why they can't properly surface it and have it as a proper car park instead of an uneven weed covered mess

But the stadium, deary me. A fitting tribute however to the Venky and Waggott regime. Anyone who dares suggest they care or have any pride in the club need only produce this photo.

A cheap, naff 'Welcome to Ewood Park' sign fading away, green stained panels on the stands and rusting metalwork. They must be ever so proud.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s the Jack Walker/Darwen End connecting bridge (for want of a better word), one was there.

The other one was on the Blackburn End/Jack Walker connector on the other side.

Oh aye, I recognised it, just wasn't sure if that was where you meant. I've added it to my notes anyhow.

It’s shocking that these things STILL have to be pointed to Waggott. That the jobs aren’t being done correctly. A half hearted job. He really needs to get a grip and be shown up for what he is. LAZY!

He just doesn’t care. 

Can you actually ask the question, what does Stevie actually do to earn his vast salary?

Please ask this in-front of Pasha. Also say, you’ve pointed out the state of the ground many times, yet this and many things he does, is not up to the required standards expected.

Maybe if Pasha hears of Waggott laziness, he too might worry that we are onto them.

The fan groups ask/demand answers, I know, but they need to demand more from them. If that is done, they’ll be more careful of the shite they do.

Respect is earned, they are not giving us any respect, why give any back?

We keep getting told, softly, softly catchy monkey with them. That really isn’t working. Yes, as I said, some of you demand questions answered, but it really is time to demand more from them. 

They really need to up their game. 

If they took pride in the small things like maintaining the ground, that would mean something, but they don’t.

The shows even more of what we all think, that they don’t really care what happens to  anything Blackburn ( and that doesn’t just mean Rovers) related.

Saying they do, is all bullshit.

• Like 5

My daughters, on for only their second visit to Ewood (they are 10 and 7) noticed the poor state of the stairways up to pitch-side (very rusty steps painted over with yellow), complained about the poor and unintelligible announcements on the PA, and asked why some parts of the ground were empty. Our stadium is no longer a thing of awe and beauty! (Was it ever?).

• Like 1

To be fair when it comes to early round League Cup crowds they are now way up on where they have been for donkeys years, over 8,000 home fans in last night, unheard of for a long time and higher than many comparable/Championship clubs … that performance won’t have helped to keep it that way like.

But one again it shows the fanbase is still there.

3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

My daughters, on for only their second visit to Ewood (they are 10 and 7) noticed the poor state of the stairways up to pitch-side (very rusty steps painted over with yellow), complained about the poor and unintelligible announcements on the PA, and asked why some parts of the ground were empty. Our stadium is no longer a thing of awe and beauty! (Was it ever?).

It was until about 14 years ago.

Sat in the Jack Walker last Saturday looking across to the Riverside and noticed the discolouration on the Venkys signs at roof level on the Riverside stand. If they can't even look after their own advertising logos there is no hope for the rest of the ground.

• Like 1