BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Dolan has been refusing to sign for over 18 months now. It is not a new situation.

Glad he had a good game yesterday after a couple of stinkers. 

Dolan didn't have a good game yesterday. I don't know what your opinion of a good game is, but it must be totally different from mine.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

Look at how he arrived at Rovers from Preston.

He is going to do the same to us this time.

What is his transfer value to another Championship side? Most with any cash would pay 2m for sure.

So a 1m signing on fee and a bigger wage than Rovers will be offering. He will be at a club like Stoke next season.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I think young Dolan or his agent has his head in the clouds.  Clearly thinks he is better than he is.  I say sell him before he walks like the rest of em.  Maybe as he is walking iut the door point out the number of players like him that just disappeared after they left us.  Grass not always greener nor is the money.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, philipl said:

Look at how he arrived at Rovers from Preston.

He is going to do the same to us this time.

What is his transfer value to another Championship side? Most with any cash would pay 2m for sure.

So a 1m signing on fee and a bigger wage than Rovers will be offering. He will be at a club like Stoke next season.

I hope so.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought that was a very average performance yesterday, and I’m being generous there

Of the three behind Gueye, I thought he was better than Hedges (who was totally anonymous going forward) and behind Cantwell, but that's only because Cantwell grew into the game a bit more in the second half. 

Dolan's big problem is his lack of physicality, and his lack of pace over longer distances. In games like yesterday where we have hardly any ball, we don't have much pace and the whole team is a bit off with their passing, Dolan just doesn't have the tools to impose himself on the game. 

Having said all that, he had a few decent moments and scored (set up?) the winner, so he deserves credit for that. I actually quite like the way that he's developing. He's pretty productive with goals/assists and his decision making is streets ahead of where it was when he first joined. Still only 22 as well. But he's never going to get bigger or quicker, and so I think he's always going to be a player that struggles to get into certain types of games, yesterday being a perfect example. 

59 minutes ago, London blue said:

One fluked goal that may not even be his changes nothing. 

I've lost all patience with Dolan and his 1 in 5 performances. 

Who’s replacing him in the team? 

2 goals and 2 assists this season means he’s more effective than everyone else in our forward line except Yuki. 

Odd the scrutiny TD’s performances get put under every week. Yet the likes of Hedges et al barely get a mention and they aren’t exactly pulling up any trees.

’Didn’t even stand out at Clitheroe’ being the latest. 

He’s a decent Championship player, doing a decent job.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Odd the scrutiny TD’s performances get put under every week. Yet the likes of Hedges et al barely get a mention and they aren’t exactly pulling up any trees.

I think everyone knows that Hedges has zero end product.

I didn't even flinch from my seat when Carter set up Hedges at the start of the second half to blaze wide (fabulous angle, on his favoured left foot) - I knew it was never going in. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair I think all of our attacking midfield/wide players who've been here for any length of time get a bit of stick. Hedges gets plenty of criticism on here (including from me) and Sigurdsson and Markanday are only dodging it because they're out of the team. 

Having said that I agree that he's a decent Championship player. I don't know what sort of contract we would need to offer to keep him, but it would be disappointing to see him go for nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be fair I think all of our attacking midfield/wide players who've been here for any length of time get a bit of stick. Hedges gets plenty of criticism on here (including from me) and Sigurdsson and Markanday are only dodging it because they're out of the team. 

Having said that I agree that he's a decent Championship player. I don't know what sort of contract we would need to offer to keep him, but it would be disappointing to see him go for nothing. 

I don’t think Hedges gets anywhere near the scrutiny Dolan gets. Especially considering he’s 29, not 22.

Dolan is a credit to himself for building a career at this level from the scrap heap.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Who’s replacing him in the team? 

2 goals and 2 assists this season means he’s more effective than everyone else in our forward line except Yuki. 

At 10, Cantwell. 

I'd venture to say he's also given the ball away more than most of our players. I don't think he provides anything that can't be easily replaced.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think everyone knows that Hedges has zero end product.

I didn't even flinch from my seat when Carter set up Hedges at the start of the second half to blaze wide (fabulous angle, on his favoured left foot) - I knew it was never going in. 

I’d forgotten about that. He let the ball get away from him.