BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t know what Hedges brings to the party. Most of the time you don’t know he’s playing.

One of our many strange signings. We paid a fee when we could have had him for nothing a few months later.

I think he is good defensively in that he works hard and protects his full back.

Interesting that eustace has admitted he was going to start ACD before his knock and he thought Hedges was  very good on Saturday  or something to that effect

12 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yes, pretty productive. Wouldn't go any further than that, but 13 goals/assists since the start of last season (which he missed a decent chunk of through injury) is decent. Not brilliant, but if we had another one or two with those sorts of contributions then we wouldn't have relied on Szmodics as much as we did.

And I think his decision making is miles better too. When he first arrived he was a bundle of energy who would run at players, but his final ball was like rolling a dice and he'd regularly run himself into blind alleys. Now he takes fewer touches and when he gets the ball in the right areas (not often enough) looks to pick a pass more. You could never see him providing the sort of assist like did at Leeds away a few years ago, for instance. I'm not saying he's a world beater and he'll always be up against it being as small as he is, but I think he's developing pretty well all things considered. 

Definitely agree with your second point. It seems like we've had rocks or diamonds up front for a long while. Or in Brereton's case, rocks that turn into diamonds!

He was playing really well last season, our form fell off a cliff with his injury.

He's had a good season up to now apart from the 3 away games when the team, as a whole, struggled.