BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

21 hours ago, Polky said:

I asked this question, they’ve said that with it also being on a Friday night and on Sky Sports, they’re not bothering. 

So its more than just the price 

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

I buy my granddaughter chips at every home game before kick off and yesterday went as usual, ordered them and flashed my debit card to pay when I noticed I was only paying £3 rather than the usual £3.75 (strangely they were £4 last season). I brought it to the attention of the girl serving me and she said they were smaller portions in a cone rather than a tray. I think they had run out of trays but it could be something else, who knows with what goes on down there. I did notice that the outlet which normally sells beer wasn't even open, probably the one you are referring to in the JW Upper but I don't think I have seen the concourse as quiet as it was only fifteen minutes before kick off.there

It seems like things like this are brought up at every Fans Forum but if anything things appear to be getting worse. Perhaps a unilateral boycott of food and beverages in the ground might kick start some change. But then again nobody in the corridors of power seems to give a toss.

The food menu on the concourse need looking at urgently and revamping plus cheaper prices. Things like Salt and Pepper Chicken and chips for a £5, or pizza slices £3 or BBQ pulled pork burger for £4 for example. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The food menu on the concourse need looking at urgently and revamping plus cheaper prices. Things like Salt and Pepper Chicken and chips for a £5, or pizza slices £3 or BBQ pulled pork burger for £4 for example. 

The word ‘also’ in @Polky reply suggests price was the deciding factor.

Of course Sky makes a difference, £30 Saturday 3pm or £30 Sky night match, what is more likely to attract more causal away fans? We’d very likely sell the away end at Deepdale on a Saturday afternoon, very likely we wouldn’t for a Sky night game in November.

Context, as always, not something Chadster seems to pick up on.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course Sky makes a difference, £30 Saturday 3pm or £30 Sky night match, what is more likely to attract more causal away fans? We’d very likely sell the away end at Deepdale on a Saturday afternoon, very likely we wouldn’t for a Sky night game in November.

Context, as always, not something Chadster seems to pick up on.

Or chooses to ignore…

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like the ideas, but I think you’d be looking at least double the prices you quoted for any of those.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

and that's why people won't buy food on the concourse cos it's overpriced and not good quality. 

In all fairness, £4 for a pulled pork burger is suspiciously cheap. I wouldn’t want to eat anything at that price.

• Like 1

There are two relatively small windows when the food and beverage outlets are used, about half an hour before kick off and at half time. If Rovers don't do anything to alleviate the queues then there is no point in extending the options on food or drink. The problems have been pointed out numerous times but nothing is ever done. 

Is there any other business that effectively seems content to displease customers like Rovers do?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

There are two relatively small windows when the food and beverage outlets are used, about half an hour before kick off and at half time. If Rovers don't do anything to alleviate the queues then there is no point in extending the options on food or drink. The problems have been pointed out numerous times but nothing is ever done. 

Is there any other business that effectively seems content to displease customers like Rovers do?

The catering is outsourced isn’t it ? I suspect that’s so the club can distance themselves from the operational detail TBH. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The catering is outsourced isn’t it ? I suspect that’s so the club can distance themselves from the operational detail TBH. 

It is Ian, it's Sodexho I believe. I understand though that Rovers, as well as getting a fee are entitled to a share of any profits as part of the contract. A fully functioning, well oiled operation would bring in much needed revenue but Rovers seem to be cocking a deaf 'un to the legitimate complaints and both Rovers and Sodexho unwilling to try and improve the service levels.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

In all fairness, £4 for a pulled pork burger is suspiciously cheap. I wouldn’t want to eat anything at that price.

Why wouldn't you eat anything at that price? 

Rovers food on the concourse is overpriced and poor quality with a boring menu. 

Hull City last season did BBQ Pulled pork and loaded chips for £4.50 so why can't we? Also when I attended the comedy club event in the red rose suite in July they were doing Salt and Pepper chicken or BBQ pulled beef sandwich for a £5, so its shows that they can offer different food in the suites so why not to fans on the concourse.  

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hull City last season did BBQ Pulled pork and loaded chips for £4.50 so why can't we? Also when I attended the comedy club event in the red rose suite in July they were doing Salt and Pepper chicken or BBQ pulled beef sandwich for a £5, so its shows that they can offer different food in the suites so why not to fans on the concourse.  

Think about it.

Those offerings you quoted are cheap for a reason, especially with them being meat based.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Think about it.

Those offerings you quoted are cheap for a reason, especially with them being meat based.

Rovers food is awful on the concourse and Rovers need to do much better and offered a better range of food which including meat based food simple as. 

Are you suggest we should used plant based food? 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tbh, I think with anything, you get what you pay for. I’ll bet the quality isn’t very high.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers food is awful on the concourse and Rovers need to do much better and offered a better range of food which including meat based food simple as. 

The point is that the quality of said meat (at £4 for a pulled pork burger) wouldn't be much higher than what you'd give your dog. There are economics to consider as part of F&B pricing, it's not just plucking a figure out the hat that you think is fair.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

The point is that the quality of said meat (at £4 for a pulled pork burger) wouldn't be much higher than what you'd give your dog. There are economics to consider as part of F&B pricing, it's not just plucking a figure out the hat that you think is fair.

I did that by using the price I paid for pulled beef sandwich in red rose suite and what Hull City charge for what they offered last season for BBQ Pulled Pork and loaded chips. Hull City won the best food award in 2022/23 season and here what they offered in food and drink. Hull City | First Time Visitors (wearehullcity.co.uk)

If Sodexo can offered that type of food in red rose suite and at affordable prices then why not on the concourse. 

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Tbh, I think with anything, you get what you pay for. I’ll bet the quality isn’t very high.

but we do offered these type of food in red rose suite for events like Comedy club night in July. 

The food options on the concourse are boring and poor. We should be offering different types of foods like Salt and Pepper chicken and chips, BBQ pulled pork burger, Chicken Balti and Pilau rice, Veg curry and Pilau rice, Nachos with cheese and salsa, Sausage, chips and gravy.   

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plant based food should be offered irrespective.

That wasn't what I was meaning though.

As @K-Hod said, the quality of meat at 4 or 5 quid would be iffy to say the least.

I would guess that a donner kebab - which is probably as ropey as you could get - is 7 or 8 quid these days.

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Plant based food should be offered irrespective.

That wasn't what I was meaning though.

As @K-Hod said, the quality of meat at 4 or 5 quid would be iffy to say the least.

I would guess that a donner kebab - which is probably as ropey as you could get - is 7 or 8 quid these days.

depends where you go and what size you get from your favourite place you go. I paid £7.50 for my Doner and chicken kebab after Saturday game and always it was good as always. Been going to the same place for years now. Never had a bad takeaway from there. 

As I have shown it is reasonable price as Hull City have shown and they won the best food in football stadium in 22/23 season. Also as I have already pointed out Sodexo did the food for red rose suite when the comedy club night was on and charge a fiver for salt and pepper chicken or BBQ pulled beef burger. so the prices I have suggested are fair and reasonable. Currently our food and drinks is boring, poor quality and expensive.