BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

https://www.roverstore.co.uk/training/adult-training-wear/jackets-coats/3645_blackburn-rovers-macron-travel-hoodie-adult.html

Has anyone bought one of these? I want to buy one but I bought a pair of away shorts last season and the quality wasn't great. The Rovers badge was stuck on and came off after a few weeks and the Macron logo is half hanging off. 

I really like the travel hoodie above but as it's £70, I'm just concerned the quality will be poor.

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.roverstore.co.uk/training/adult-training-wear/jackets-coats/3645_blackburn-rovers-macron-travel-hoodie-adult.html

Has anyone bought one of these? I want to buy one but I bought a pair of away shorts last season and the quality wasn't great. The Rovers badge was stuck on and came off after a few weeks and the Macron logo is half hanging off. 

I really like the travel hoodie above but as it's £70, I'm just concerned the quality will be poor.

It’s a fair assumption. While Macron have made some very nice looking bespoke designs for our kits the quality of all their stuff is always questionable.

20 hours ago, Miller11 said:

It’s a fair assumption. While Macron have made some very nice looking bespoke designs for our kits the quality of all their stuff is always questionable.

Well, I caved in and bought it anyway 🙈. So I'll let you know how good/bad it is when it arrives 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I liked him in Ghost 🤦‍♂️

Looking at your avatar reminded me that yesterday I bought a steak pasty outside the ground. It was massive, so much so that I cut it in half for me and my granddaughter and neither of us finished it.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Looking at your avatar reminded me that yesterday I bought a steak pasty outside the ground. It was massive, so much so that I cut it in half for me and my granddaughter and neither of us finished it.

There not a patch on Cornish pasties lol 

To be fair I had a pasty in the ground at h/t, no steak left so I had cheese and onion which was as quite passable but they still put the cream first on their scones 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

No as they have never previously split up the sales figures by price category in the FF meetings… question being, so why this time?

I’d say it’s because next summer they can say ‘look we tried reducing adult prices [by twenty quid BTW], and we only sold 4,000, so we have to now increase pricing in the current climate.’

A stance that, of course, will be warmly supported by the clapping seals on social media. 

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No as they have never previously split up the sales figures by price category in the FF meetings

Ok thanks for that Matty 👍🏻

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if it has been consistently at that level, its just as bad.

Is it that bad really? What would be good figures then? 5k? 6k? 7k? 

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ll answer, even though you only ever seem to ask ‘99 questions.

Questions for everyone Matty. 

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You *don’t* think just four thousand adult ST holders is a bad return for Blackburn Rovers?

Answer all depends what the figures are since Covid. If it's consistent each season then maybe not but questions for Rovers what can they do to attract those adults to buy a ST and why wont they. What's the reasons for that? Is it work commitments or family commitments or struggling financially, etc

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Answer all depends what the figures are since Covid. If it's consistent each season then maybe not but questions for Rovers what can they do to attract those adults to buy a ST and why wont they. What's the reasons for that? Is it work commitments or family commitments or struggling financially, etc

It’s because they’re too expensive 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As ST sales have been poor since Covid, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out adult sales have been poor since Covid.

But they are obviously now poorer than ever, Why? Because under 12s were up 40% but the overall figure stayed stagnant, ergo adult sales have gone down, significantly.

It’s piss poor, you know that’s the case as you are always banging on about the club needing ‘better commercial and marketing’, about not increasing prices mid summer etc.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Work and family commitments are indirect factors that the club cannot control, but are also surely not factors that will massively dent sales in any one season. Im sure each season there are some people that could have gone previously that wont be able to anymore, but on the flip side some who couldnt previously go who now can. That sort of thing youd imagine would level itself out.

The main 2 factors are success and in particular, cost. The thing with the cost is its not only the original price which was still too much, but its the very small window before the prices then rocket to ridiculous prices.

Waggott will be able to say that prices went down but sales didnt follow. That will be purposeful manipulation of a campaign that saw a tiny decrease for a very short period of time. We hadnt even signed any players before the first leap in price came into play.

4k adult season ticket holders is embarassing.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As ST sales have been poor since Covid, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out adult sales have been poor since Covid.

But they are obviously now poorer than ever, Why? Because under 12s were up 40% but the overall figure stayed stagnant, ergo adult sales have gone down, significantly.

It’s piss poor, you know that’s the case as you are always banging on about the club needing ‘better commercial and marketing’, about not increasing prices mid summer etc.

Adult figures are up a couple of hundred this year - still shockingly low though.