BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

So like I said to 1864 last week, they don’t match up to last season (yep, very negative of me)

It’s strange they put two absolute cracking away shirts out together last season with a lovely home kit, which is obviously going to cannibalise sales, as folk only have so much brass at £60 a pop.

Without doubt either the yellow or red/black should’ve been the main away strip this time. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Trying to work out the gradient on it, so it’s darker blue at the top and bottom and slightly lighter in the middle it seems 

I think it’s actually pretty nice but that tacky, awful logo ruins it 

edit - the chap in the mosque has no sponsor on his shirt, maybe it’s an option 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Why would Macron bother? It was destined to fail before it even came out 

You’ve whacked a crap logo on top of a kit. Steve Waggott made the commercial decision to put a Red Devil on our front 

Hes a clown. It’s as simple as that. He may have other things to worry about than our “image” but he’s overseeing some rather calamitous moments. That’s saying something given what we’ve had to go through in the last decade 

He’s not fit for the role he’s in. It’s becoming more and more clear. If the whole printing of sponsor story after is true then it’s just further proof he’s taking the piss 

• Like 1

Helpful tip for anyone that really, really hates the sponsor but always buys a shirt.

Macron don’t produce male and female kits - they’re the exact same styling and fit. That’s why the shirts look so bad on the women in the launch film. So you can buy a version which is exactly the same as the ‘mens’, with the Watson Ramsbottom logo. 

• Like 3

Well it’s only a one year sponsorship, so it gives me hope it’s just a holding deal whilst they scope the market, yep, I’m that naive, obviously! But hopefully there’s some other company within the club’s seeming BwD only network.

I’ll use my club cash for other things until they do.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

We should have just kep the yellow shirts.

They were absolutely fantastic. By far the best away shirt we've had since the early 90s.

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Keep a shirt for two seasons? You should’ve put that on the nostalgia thread!

It is a thing for some teams now, isn't it? Brentford for one I think. I can see it becoming more of thing for green / sustainability reasons as years go by. We all know the mass array of attire produced every year (training, preseason, walk out, home, away, thirds (repeat for GK), European...) is for money, not distinction on the pitch. So what if it costs whatever much environmentally or it all ends up in a tip...

Who wrote the script?!? "Other fans won't know what it's like to have that connection, that real connection with your club"....

What a load of bollocks, and actually a bit of a slap in the face to the fanbase, many of whom feel less connected to the club than ever.  This is just empty platitudes... Marketing guff written by someone who has zero understanding of the last 11 years.  Define a connection with the club... To me its uniting all stakeholders in a continued vision, communicating as strongly as possible, engaging with the fanbase and community, taking pride in the club and its assets, doing things properly. More fiddling while Rome burns. 

Some connection the club have with its fanbase. We've sold less season tickets than all of our local rivals... Stanley aside I dare to presume. 

The kits horrid as well. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GHR said:

It is a thing for some teams now, isn't it? Brentford for one I think. I can see it becoming more of thing for green / sustainability reasons as years go by. We all know the mass array of attire produced every year (training, preseason, walk out, home, away, thirds (repeat for GK), European...) is for money, not distinction on the pitch. So what if it costs whatever much environmentally or it all ends up in a tip...

Yes, spotted that. No chance here though, a yearly third kit has been quietly sneaked in, nevermind keeping a home or away for two seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

Who wrote the script?!? "Other fans won't know what it's like to have that connection, that real connection with your club"....

I read that differently. I thought he meant supporting your local club, and the unique connection you get, especially as an Asian lad, where I bet he gets fecked off with all the glory fans he knows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I read that differently. I thought he meant supporting your local club, and the unique connection you get, especially as an Asian lad, where I bet he gets fecked off with all the glory fans he knows.

"A place where we all belong" 

"Where your background doesn't matter" 

Which football club does that not apply to? I can see the angle they're going for with our diverse community, but it's still Marketing guff and flies in the face of the continued disconnect many of the fans feel since the Rao's bought the club. 

It's ok, bits I like & bits that I don't.

Halves not reversed, obviously a no from me as I have been harping on about it a bit. But hopefully the side paneling will break it up a bit from last year.

Love the collar.

The grading is a bit meh, but may grow on me.

On the 3rd kit, I hope it's the lighting on the photos, but it looks orange rather than red on my PC & reminds me of a pair of pyjamas I had as a kid back in the late 70s!

A few discussions on bringing new kits out every year - for me keep each shirt for 2 years but alternate release years between home & away. Possibly bring out a new 3rd kit every year to keep revenue ticking over.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

"A place where we all belong" 

"Where your background doesn't matter" 

Which football club does that not apply to? I can see the angle they're going for with our diverse community, but it's still Marketing guff and flies in the face of the continued disconnect many of the fans feel since the Rao's bought the club. 

Fair enough. I just thought fair play to you son! Stick it to all your plastic pals!